Episode Eleven: The Shortest of Moments, the Greater the Memories
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zedd and I were staring at each other’s eyes for an hour. No talking, just glaring. I sneezed hard and it terribly hurt.

He burst a giggle, “Why aren’t you speaking?”

I didn’t answer, I just continued looking at him. I was studying his movements.

“Well, you became so speechless when I kissed you a while ago. But it’s not the first time I did that to ya, remember?” He teased.

I sighed as I looked up at the ceiling. “When will all this chaos end? Like, I just realised how short life is.”

“As short as you?” He again teased.

“Nah, maybe a lot shorter than that.” I managed to create a smile on my face. “Are you happy being with me?”

His face changed mood after hearing my interrogation. “Of course. I may be the gladdest man on earth, knowing that there’s this woman who gives people a chance to be the better version of themselves.”

He held my petite cheeks together and said, “You are the nicest and the sweetest person I’ve known in my entire life, Kirstie. I see my nanay on you. She’s been the kindest woman in the world, a strong and a real badass woman.”

I didn’t reply but instead, I leaned on closer and fast I went to kiss his tender lips. “One point, slowpoke.” Then I smiled cheekily right at him.

“Hey! You’re so unfair, I wasn’t ready.” He smirked, showing his cute dimples along with his rosy cheeks that defined his beauty. “Just be careful not to smooch guys, ight? You might get your damn seizures again.”

I sighed, “I’m just playing around, Zedd. We’ll never know when death will meet us all.” 

I got myself a towel to get ready for the meet up with that puny old man. “Imma go and take a shower.”

He butted in, “Can you? I mean, your fists are bruised. It’ll hurt seriously when those’ll get wet.”

“I think I can manage it myself, just help me with replacing the bandages later.” I told him.

“Okay then, I’ll just get bathed as well right after you finished.” He got his towel and hanged it on his shoulder like mine. “You want me to prepare your clothes? Err-”

“Nooooo! You creep. Never touch my underwear.” I cut him by and blushed in embarrassment. 

He laughed jokingly and replied, “Okay! Okay! I’m just kidding. You’re cute when you’re mad.”

“Oh shut it, Zedd. Don’t flatter me with your creepster.” Then I entered the bathroom to finally give myself a carwash. Or human wash… Whatever, forget it.

I turned on the shower. How I missed the cold water, it always calms me down. The aroma of the shampoo and the shower gel filled the bathroom. Bubblegum and cotton candy. 

The scar on my face sting, “Golly, it hurts.”

“Hey, you okay back there, babe?” He hollered from the outside.

“Yeah, I’m fine. And ewwww! Stop calling me that. It’s too fucking cheesy.”

Then I just heard him laughing cutely. I smiled.

Not a little while, we switched places in the bathroom.

 

(After getting the both of us cleaned up)

 

By the time Zedd’s about to wear a shirt, I noticed something at his back - a huge scar.

“Zedd?”

“Yeah?” He responded.

“What’s that scab on your back?” I asked and walked my way towards him.

“Ah, dad gave me that, yet, nanay should have got that scar that time. Nanay’s a Filipino like you. Explains why I am half German and half Filipino. He killed her while we’re trying to sleep because of jealousy. I was whipped when he was trying to hurt nanay. But unfortunately, it’s too late on saving her. He raped her before suffocating her to death. He also killed nanay’s best friend, the one whom he became jealous with… He’s been living for genocide for years, and I don’t even know if he’ll change his life for Krypton and I.” He spoke. “Between the two of us, brothers, I was the coward.”

“It’s really hideous. Please don’t look at it.”

“Your dad really got some serious issues in life.” I hugged him from his back although I’m twice as short compared to his height. I literally stepped on his bed just to reach his shoulders. “Don’t worry, your scar is beautiful. It makes you who you are.”

And as he turned to face me, he’s been looking so down. “Oh, don’t look at me like you’ve lost the game. It’s not the end of the world, Zedd. You can still continue your life joyfully. Your nanay wants that for you.”

“It’s just that… I’ve been so alone all my life since nanay’s gone. I’m not like my brother, Krypton, he’s never a coward… Now that I’ve got you, I’ll do all the stakes for me not to lose you.” He said.

“Well, the atmosphere's kinda downer, let’s just get ready for the meet and greet later.” I got tiptoed to kiss his forehead.

We both got dressed up for the meet up with the old hag. He wore a white undershirt, the one you could really see his flexing muscles, jeans that fit him perfectly and his hard military boots.

I just wore a simple tee and shorts and put on my glasses. I need to look as simple as possible for us not to get caught. So I just tied my burgundy red-coloured hair messily and wore my worn out lab coat.

I faced Zedd and again placed my hand on his chest. His heart’s panicking and it’s killing me. “You already know what is planned, Zedd. You have to trust me on this one. If you can’t do it, just draw your knife and I’ll try to do a move without you getting caught. No one’ll hurt you, I’ll be your armor.” Then winked on him but the mood’s obviously bittersweet.

“I’ve still got five lives left. What can go wrong?”

He held my small hand then caressed it. “You’re the only one I’ve got. Just… Don’t leave me all alone.”

“I won’t. I assure you that.”

I wasn’t sure if I could cheat death again but this was the only way to end this. Getting that antidote along with the virus they had shot up on me would finish the tom foolery in this domain. Someday, who does the wicked, would hear no wicked.

1