Episode Fourteen: Locked Up in Here (B)
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd’s Point of View*

 *Loud gasp*

I woke up from a terrible dream. There’s blood everywhere… Inside a dark room, a girl lied there and died. It’s too blurry to recognize who that was. A second she would look like my mom and for a while would look more like Kirstie.

“Kirstie…”

I scratched my head as I got up from my soft bedding and looked around my tiny room. The porridge was still in my favourite bowl, untouched.

*Phone beeping*

I went to my dusty little desk and picked up my phone. The keys, they’re gone. Then I just felt a sudden arrow stroke me, like something terrible had happened lately. 

“Where are my keys?”

My doctor left me a message…

‘Klint. U have 2 see somethin’ down the library.’

“Kirstie…” I realised that she must have taken the keys before she left my room a while ago. “No. It’s too risky for her to head down there again.”

I checked the time and it was 2:35am. It’s pretty late to stay up at this hour.

I hurriedly took the syringe and the remedy from her bag sitting down at the desk. I ran as fast as lightning. I’d slip and fall out of mere fright. I got there and saw Gia standing near the front door of the library looking down.

I entered and lit up my flashlight. I got paralysed by what I just saw. 

“Kirst-”

She’s unconsciously lying on the solid ground, on her cold blood that bathes her to death. Holding a bottle of that pill we’ve banned. And the walls were vandalized..

 

‘To the people I love,

I just wanna say how sorry I am for failing my mission to save everyone. I thought how good my plans were but they’re all just plain and stupid and selfish. I’m sorry if I can’t meet everybody’s expectations and that I was being hasty when it comes to making decisions. I thought that my gifts I have after that tragic experiment will make me a better person.’

To Zedd, I’m very sorry if I lied to you once again. I told you how uninterested I was. But I do love you more than myself. I know how hard it is to you to go against your kind’s will. So I’m gonna end it now. You won’t suffer from being sandwiched anymore. You can go home with your true family. Love your brother and your dad because they’re the only family you’ve got. You shouldn’t risk losing them.

To my family, I’m gonna be with you all soon.

 

At the bottom, a message written using a crimson stain. Her blood in exchange for a paint.

‘Goodbye’

 

I fell down on my knees in grief and fury, closed my eyes and let my emotions out. “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have driven you away. I should have given you time to explain yourself.”

“Klint… She’s still breathing! We can still revive her.” Gia told me as I realised that she went on closer to us to check on Kirstie. “But she’s in a critical condition right now, we should do something right away before she completely loses her blood.”

She wasn’t pale yet, Gia’s right. “Gia, are you open?”

She smirked, “Klint, I’m your doctor and your friend. I’m always open for you.”

“There’s still time, Kirstie. Hang in there.” I held her up very carefully and carried her. She got heavier than usual but I felt her breathing so I’m still filled with hope. “I’m really sorry…”

We ran to the clinic. Gia locked the door quickly then asked me to lay Kirstie down on the bed near a mint-coloured curtain.

Sprinted we went, we could feel the adrenaline rushing through our veins. Gia nextly covered her in oxygen and did a quick CPR to restore her normal pulse pattern. I cleaned her head where the deep cut was.

“This is not good, Gia. The cut on her head was too deep. It’s a serious concussion.” I panicked, puffing my chest in nervousness.

Relaxed and calmed as the breeze outside, she replied, “I have never failed you, Klint. Not even once. I have restored dying people lots of times and I’m used to it.” She smiled all of a sudden, a smile filled with optimism. “Kirstie is tougher than we thought.”

She then sighed to release fright and began to mend the cut that I couldn’t breathe of what’d be the outcome of this. 

“Done. We just need to let her rest.” Gia released a sigh of relief. “Good heavens, she’s alive.”

I was so thankful she’s now alright as I watched the monitor beside her.  

“Hey, can you hand me her antidote sample? I’ll just give her a shot of that to reduce the spread of the virus. I’ve figured out that it can also dilute overdosage. I just noticed how it reacts on her body after taking those pills. I’m not an expert in this field but I certainly know how things work.” I nodded agreeing and handed her what she asked for. Then she did what she told me.

After Kirstie would wake up. I would tell her how I missed her and how sorry I was for choosing not to listen to her. I’d go apologise and make things up to her. Kirstie must’ve been cursing me all night long after what I’ve done to her.

1