Episode Fifteen: Time to Forget You (B)
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An hour passed and then she finally woke up calmed down.

“You can ask me questions if you want to remember something. I’ll help you remember those things you wanna remember.” I told her in a serious manner, and kept a sitting distance from her so that she wouldn’t feel any uneasiness. 

“Where am I?” She asked with that usual tone she had by the first time I talked to her. 

“Specifically, you’re inside my room resting. This entire place we’re in was your school back in junior high. We, Germans, took over and made this place our territory.” I answered her directly and looked her in the eye. “We invaded your country that’s why you’re here to eliminate my kind. But I wanna help you make things right.”

“Why am I all washed up and in pain right now, huh? Is it your KIND’s fault of having a lot of needles sticking in my skin?” I could really sense how sullen her words are.

“You smashed your head a week ago because of me. We had a misunderstanding that turned out to be as tragic as this. I didn’t listen to you when you wanted to explain yourself in front of my brother. You went out all by yourself and tried ending your life.” I told her misty-eyed, but still trying my best not to cry in front of her.

“Pffft! Am I really that soft for some guy who destroys other people’s lives?” Sarcastically, she laughed. “Maybe forgetting my past and everything helped me to cope up with everything now… What do they call you? Klint? Zedd? Doesn’t matter.” 

Her words pierced me hard as if she wanted me to get all the blame for what had happened to her. Yet, I really am the one to blame.

“If I could just talk to my old self right now, I’d tell her to be selfish. Because, the more selfless the person was, the more she’s gon be hurt.” She bent her knees and lay her head on them. “Say, does she really love you that much?”

Honestly, I really had to pause to think deeply before answering her question. I, myself, was unsure if she really loves me. “I… I don’t know.”

“Why don’t you find out for yourself? Somehow I’ve been wanting to remember what love really was. Now, enlighten me with it, Zedd. What is love for your own perspective?” She asked me that all of her words made me feel guilty little by little. “Is it because of your personal desires? Is it because of her purity? Is it because of title and money?”

“N-no.” I answered her but now avoided her face. “I loved a person for who she is. There aren’t any conditions if you love someone. If you love him, why won’t you admit it?”

“Then kiss me.” Non-hesitantly, she said. “Kissing may be the answer to our unanswered questions.”

“What?” I then looked at her, confused by what she had said.

“Don’t wanna do it first? Fine, I’ll do it for ya.” Said she, then she just pulled me by force close to her face.

She… kissed me. She did it carefully and slowly with compassion. Sipped on my lips but I couldn’t manage myself to follow. She wasn’t this bold, and never will she do this. I could hear her panting that’s syncing with her lip movements. I just felt her hand holding mine and guided it towards her chest. I felt her beating heart and so was her who also put her hand onto my chest. 

“So you really did love me?” She whispered softly in my ear.

I just nodded to agree with her. “Our hearts were syncing.”

She held me up by my chin then said, “Just look at me, okay?” and sipped on longer - kinda like holding a record of the length of our kissing. None of us stopped until some of her memories were restored.

Her hands began roaming all over my body. Fiddling with my shirt and holding my face. This kiss was too passionate. Somehow, a moment that she never had in her entire life. My tears fell down and I sobbed while having the time of our lives.

Shocked was I when she started taking off my shirt and I’m too dumb to deny that I’m following her every movement. “Hey, Kirstie… Stop. You might get another seizure.”

“No, I’m not getting the answers that I wanted yet.” Said Kirstie, then took off hers. “The only thing I can remember right now is that I only have five lives left. What’s the point of that line if I can’t remember the reason why I’m here?”

“No… You only have three remaining, Kirstie. And you still haven’t finished your mission. I don’t want you to die in my arms again.” I told her and attempted to get off of the bed.

1