Episode Seventeen: Krypton, the Terror
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Krypton’s Point of View*

Not a friend nor a foe. Ever since I lived my life in this world, I was always neutral. I may appear taking our wretched father’s side because everyone thinks how devilish I am. I gotta tell you how useless that tasty position that our father has; that I never understand why my cowardly brother’s thirsty about it. Different… Yeah, I was different from all of them.

You thought that this story would just focus on that disgusting romantic atmosphere my brother’s having? Apparently, I would’ve thought the same thing too. But that wasn’t the goal here. That bioweapon that that horrid girl has. She had something that I’m really eager to know.

I was one of those people who conducted the experiment to create the world’s deadliest bioweapon. Little did Kirstie know how unfortunate her life was when meeting Klint. She met me.

An angel fell from the skies above to grant me my wishes. A wish to avenge.

See, I was the one who entered Klint’s room to search for some clues to again figure out the same formula we’ve used to test on that puny race. I was into altering the prototype itself and preventing other people from ruining it. Life is money. Once I’ve succeeded in accomplishing the virus to wipe out such weak forms of humans, I’ll be the most powerful man on earth.

Fortunately, the job was made easy by Klint himself. I found out that sample cure that doc possessed to make my plans go smoothly and get rid of Klint and dad.

Confused?? I just said I was neutral. Neither good nor evil. Never ought to stick my ass on somebody’s side at a time. I had my own goal.

Back when Klint and I were just little lads, father didn’t like any of us. Although Klint always thought to himself that I was the ‘favourite’. He’s wrong. I was once called the bully and the troublemaker. Truthfully, our mothers were our only shield before then.

When Klint wasn’t even born, I had momma on my side. But I never got any memory of having a happy family like everyone would fantasize. I just needed a little attention from a father, yet he didn’t care about giving it even just once. He would often hurt me physically with his whip, just because I couldn’t manage to defend myself from my classmates every time I was bullied.

Momma would always be there to lessen my scars and catch all of them for me.

A father would kill his family for self-interest? Not even close on being a father at all. What’s the point of building something without a strong foundation? What’s the point of choosing to grow a family when you couldn’t even take care of it at all?

By the time Momma was suffering from cervical cancer, dad never helped me keep her life longer. He just let her die in pain. I never even felt his empathy towards her. Momma bid her goodbyes to me when I was just 6 years old.

Then not a year later, he brought home a lady from a different race. There came Klint.

I was so furious that I’ve had an urge to kill them all sinisterly. After I’d accomplish the Project: Terror, I swear I’d be dancing on their graves.

I ran my own secret laboratory to test all the possible bioweapons. Still, all were just prototypes and undone. I needed to seek the end of that girl first before she could destroy us all. Kirstie and Klint shouldn’t be sitting on a tree together. I don’t care about how much they love each other.

After all, I only needed her blood.

 

*Zedd’s Point of View*

I was talking to Gia while preparing our supper. Still confused where that vial headed.

“Say, where do you think that antidote possibly went? I just left three here by the time I ran down to the library.”

Gia, lying down on the carpeted floor, turned to me and said, “I am unsure… Someone must’ve taken it obviously. If it just fell from the bag, you would’ve retrieved it right away… You left the room, right? Was it open?”

Guilty as I was, I left it open. “Yeah, I panicked a lot that time that’s why I’ve forgotten to lock my room. But who would’ve wanted a piece of vial to treat a specific person only?” I sighed in utter disappointment as I said the line, “Dad has got the real one implanted in his fat head as per Delta. Without her working for me, I wouldn’t even know he did that.”

She gasped and got sitting up, “IMPLANTED IN HIS HEAD? Who’s gonna think of doing that? Even a dumb wombat wouldn’t even think of doing that!”

“My dad, obviously.” I responded as I did a face slam. “So that’s what he’s into these past weeks heading home. He did that just to hide Kirstie’s antidote.”

“Good thing, Delta’s his ‘right hand’ and our childhood friend. We’d never know how knuckleheaded uncle Heinz was… Wait, so she went there with him too?” She said with her eyes widened as she sipped her linctus tea for her little bellyaches.

“Yeah, she goes where dad goes and reports everything he does directly at me.” I answered back, rolling my eyes in embarrassment after hearing dad’s nautical nonsense.

“He’s madly cuckoo, Klint.” She sniggered as she gestured a ‘cuckoo’ with her chubby hands. “Well, anyway… Why won’t Kirstie use that original cure instead? I mean, wasn’t she aiming to treating her illness?”

“That’s what I’ve questioned at first too. But she told me that she’s into making clones of that cure to help the other test subjects she’s with from that forced experiment. There might be survivors out there.” I answered as I had finished with my cooking then finally set up the table.

I took a bite of a tempura from my plate then spoke, “She only had her last life left, Gia. And still, we’re not even halfway our mission… It was too careless of me to leave the vials just like that.”

Gia responded to me with a smile, “Nahhh… You’re almost there, Klint. Don’t you remember?”

Confused, my forehead wrinkled.

“Tomorrow’s the final operation. Uncle Heinz left a memo the last time he left the country. He said that days after his return, we’ll wipe out those Filipino hideouts near the rural banks of Laguna.” Finally finished the last sip of her tea and held down her cup on the center table. “You better tell Kirstie about tomorrow. I’m sure Uncle Heinz would want her to be there to witness her friends back there. You better think of a plan and fast.”

So… Tomorrow would be the end of everything. If I fail on our mission, I’ll lose her finally. I don’t want to lose her… She must retrieve back her memory before it’s too late.

1