Episode Eighteen: The Last Life
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd’s Point of View*

Early at sunrise, Gia, Kirstie and I had ready ourselves for the last operation. Held the last vial of her cure before I’d put inside my bag – hoping she’d be cured for good. Scared of the fact that there were no other ways for her to be alive unless we force our father to hand over the cure. I was so anxious about it right after I woke up this morning… I dreamt of being in a blood bath, seeing her killing everyone.

“Hey sunshine… Get dressed up.” I told Kirstie and handed her a clean shirt, jeans and laboratory coat.

“Oh.. Thank you-“, She paused for a while then spoke, “How should I address you?”

“Zedd… Just call me Zedd.” I replied, having that gloom on my face but forced myself to smile at her again.

“Ah, Zedd… Good thing you’ve explained about the incoming operation today.” She coldly spoke to me, “Just don’t get in the way of my plans on saving my kind. I don’t wanna hurt you.”

“Why are you being so rude to your boyfriend, girl?” Gia bulged in, wearing her eyeglasses. “If you wanna save your kind, you should’ve killed us first, right?”

“Wouldn’t it be more rude if I would just kill people who saved me from being fucked up, right?” Kirstie smiled at her sarcastically then rolled her eyes as she usually does.

“Wouldn’t it be more rude if you lack gratitude to THOSE people, right?” Gia’s rebuttal as it made me avoid their faces trying my best not to give a reaction to make them argue more.

“Wouldn’t it be MORE RUDE if I would argue with a doctor who’s acting too unprofessional?” Kirstie’s defense and she set the argument on fire.

“Ohhhh!!!” I reacted unintentionally and caught both of their attention. “I.. I mean… enough of that racket you two. We’re having a serious issue here.”

“Tell ms. Doc to clean her shoes first.” Kirstie crossed her arms then filled her mouth with a spoonful of powdered chocolate milk.

“And tell your ms. Doc to stop acting like a child.” Gia walked in for a bit to get her medical supplies then head out right after.

Well, those two weren’t really that close so they probably hate each other.

“Hey Kirst! You still wanna attain some of your memories back? You might need them to proceed with whatever plan you’re having right now.” I told her as I took off my shirt and hovered to the sink to wash my face.

 

*Kirstie’s Point of View*

Fuck it Zedd… You don’t need to flex your body in front of me. I’m melting.

“Hey, I’m asking you. You good with it?” I just heard him snapped right in front of me.

My eyes fluttered and my mind cleared up quickly. “Huh? What?”

He just smiled at me in a way of teasing me. I couldn’t resist myself but to turn the other way for him not to see me blush.

“Please get dressed up…” I told him in the rudest tone as possible yet failed. “I’m gonna get dressed… I.. uhhh… BEHIND THAT CURTAIN. Yes, I’m gonna get dressed behind that curtain.”

“Okidoki then.” He giggled and went to me. I suddenly felt his warm embrace wrapping around me. “It’s fine if you won’t remember anything about me as long as you’re safe and alive.”

I freed myself from his arms although I love his tightest cuddles on me. “I just wonder… I think she really loves you.”

I just heard him say, “Who?”

“Kirstie…”

“How would you know that?” Frankly, he questioned.

“I felt how magical it was when our hearts sync together as we kiss the last time. But it hurts so bad.” I began stating my thoughts for myself. “It hurts in a way that it’s something like everything feels wrong.”

He just sat down silently on his made bed and lent his ears to whatever I would tell him. I really wanted him to know how I loved him so much. And that before I could say goodbye to him, at least he’d be aware that he’s the only lovely creature roaming inside my little heart.

“Would you love her the same if she does something you don’t wanna happen?” I asked him bluntly. I really wanted to know if doing what was planned would be worth it. It’ll hurt me so bad if he’d leave me all alone right after the time I would kill his father. It’s too pointless for me to live if I had nobody else to live with. He’s my only home after all. I’d rather die and rot in hell rather than seeing him leave me out of his anger towards me.

“If Kirstie had loved me after all those bad things I’ve done to her, why wouldn’t I do the same? My family had done terrible things which ruined her entire life.” He spoke as he laid his back down to relax himself. “Wouldn’t it be unfair to her if I won’t open my arms again as she had done for me? Maybe, it’s indeed unforgivable. But for how long would a person live in peace if he kept that grudge on someone?”

I’m fine hearing all of those, Zedd. I really am. It would be easier to say those things but it’d be too difficult once you’re in that situation.

“On behalf of Kirstie, I just… wanna tell how sorry she was. She must’ve hurt you a lot through these weeks. I wanna make everything up to you.” My voice filled the depressive atmosphere.

Not a little while, he got up from his bed; just as the same time I signaled on him to reach for my eyeglasses from the other side of the bed. And immediately, he handed it to me with a sentimental smile.

“I just wanna tell you goodluck.” Those were the coldest words I heard from him. All I ever wanted was to keep him safe.

You won’t get hurt by him anymore, Zedd. I’m gonna set you free so that you could soon stretch your wings to fly.

 

*Zedd’s Point of View*

“Hey, you two lovebirds ready?” Gia knocked and carefully opened the door. “Oooo, if it isn’t doc! Why won’t you tie your hair up for us to see your hickies?” Then she teased Kirstie intentionally just to make me see how cute she was when mad.

“Ewwww, I won’t have those. Maybe you have several of yours, GIA.” Kirstie then again crossed her arms petulantly.

“Just messin’ around… But hey Kirst, I’m fucking serious about your hair. You should tie it up. You kinda looked like someone who caught an exploding dynamite.” Gia winked at her then gestured at me to do something about it. It seemed like we’re talking using our minds.

“Tie her hair up, doofus!”

“Wait, me?

“Of course! Who else could it be? Not me tho, she’s your bitch.”

“Ight, stay right there, Kirstie. I’ll just get something.” I finally stood up to look for a hairbrush and hair tie for her.

“Just keep it still.” I hovered towards her direction and began tying her hair up a clean ponytail. “Done… You have any more problems with her, Gia?”

“Nice, she looks more decent now. Nice work, KLINT.” She then winked at me, giggling up a bit.

“Yeah, good wisdom from someone who can’t fix her eyeliner properly.” Kirstie mumbled though I heard it clearly because I was close to her.

“Hm?” Gia turned to her, raising an eyebrow and performing a smirk. “You said something, dear?”

“Ohh, nothing! I just saw how cute you are with that eyeliner on.” She smiled in a faux way and I’m just keeping myself from laughing at her cynicism.

We walked our way outside and down the staircase until we had reached the garage, wherein I could spot our ride waiting for us. Then of course… some motherfucker blocked our way as expected.

“Hey bruh! Guess what? I’mma be ridin’ with y’all. Isn’t it great?” Krypton began his cockiness again and that it sickens me. “I’ll be having a good bond with my happy family.”

“Yeah sure, just stay away from Kirstie if you don’t want your balls crushed.” I coldly replied at him while transferring our baggage into the armed vehicle.

 

*Kirstie’s Point of View*

Seeing this guy again filled me with mere antipathy. I wonder if there were any girls who wanna hit on him. Yeah, he’s way more attractive than Zedd but couldn’t find any reason why I wanna vomit just by seeing his face.

“Who’s this disgusting looking creature with us?” I looked at Krypton with a huge hint of being grossed.

“Oh, hi doc! Didn’t notice your ghost there. Or were you really a ghost?” He laughed psychotically, trying to piss me off. “How’s your cranium after smashing that baby head of yours? Too bad, you failed on killing yourself and got saved by your knight in shining armour.”

I was about to crush his balls from a distance by using my ability but Zedd kicked my foot for me to contain myself.

“Yeah, too bad. Because I’ll be crushing your little wiener if you won’t stop being brash.”

Zedd sighed out of exhaustion, making his annoyed self become more noticeable, “Just ignore him. It won’t do you anything good at all.”

I stick out my tongue on Krypton as a way of taunting him as we head inside our ride. He responded by just rolling his eyes and finally silenced his annoying mouth.

“Sorry if I’ll have you handcuffed for today. Dad’s only aware of you being our prisoner here.” Zedd took my left hand then cuffed it to the vehicle’s handrail. “I’ll free you as soon as it’s safe for you to head out.”

The engine made a fascinating sound and was shaking the entire vehicle similar to a massage chair… Off we went.

1