Episode Nineteen: One Of Us
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*After a couple of hours*

I didn’t take a nap at all while we’re on the road, I feel like I didn’t need it at all. Like, I was too anxious about closing my eyes for a bit then something bad’s gonna happen. Even blinking made me real paranoid as of this moment.

Not a moment later, I just noticed that all of the vehicles including ours stopped for a nightly break. As I’ve assumed, I think we’re halfway through before reaching our destination.

Cycle went, the day turned into night and everyone would make the night pass for tomorrow’s raid. When it was about to strike 9, Zedd and I were the only ones who never got out from our ride.

As we took our supper with Gia and Krypton, we just heard a woman screamed, “HELP!”

“What’s the racket back there?” I asked them, a bit troubled.

“Nothing new. They’re feasting on a slave again, as always. Like what Heinz is doing right now inside his carriage.” Krypton answered while taking aim on his mouth to slurp his noodles.

Oddly, I had put down my food to peep outside. It might be the first time he said something senseful. He’s right though, those thirsty troops were playing with the woman.

“She’s a bit familiar…” After mumbling about it, I saw her fall and had a breakdown. She’s shaking a lot and losing her breath – the same symptoms I got whenever I’m having a seizure.

“Lita?” I said out loud that everybody else in the car heard.

“Who?” Gia asked as she had no idea who I was pertaining to.

“It’s Lita… I need to save her before she would completely run out of breath.” I searched inside my bag as fast as I could to find my vials. “Where are those freaking-“

“What’s the fuss about?” Zedd confusingly questioned my actions.

“Microchoroxium Mortalis… Curse that failed experiment.” I mumbled as I continued searching.

“You can remember now?” Zedd’s face lit up then I just realized how I almost failed my stage play.

“Sorta… I just saw that girl had the same symptoms as mine. Now, I need one of the vials I brought here to save her, or else she’ll die.” Straightforwardly, I answered. If I won’t do any action right now, I might lose another one of my kind.

“But you only have one left. I won’t allow you to risk losing your own life. We haven’t even retrieved your original cure.

“WHAT? WHO THE FUCK TOOK THE OTHERS?” I exclaimed angrily at him.

“We used the second vial after that library incident and before I could use the third one on your recent seizure, one of the vials went missing. I used the fourth one instead and left with the last tube of your cure.” He answered guiltily and looked down.

“Oh brother… Why are you so careless about taking care of your dear’s little lives?” Krypton butted in and began heating up the argument.

“Shut it, Kryp. He went straight to Kirstie to save her immediately. We never expect some ‘dumbass’ to take something that’s gonna be useless to him. After all, that vial wasn’t even close to the real formula at all.” Gia quickly covered because I’m heating up with anger.

“Zedd… The last vial… NOW.” I demanded. “She will die anytime sooner!”

“What? NO. No means no, Kirstie.”

“So are you telling me what to do now? You wanna see a dead person again because of your kind’s thirstiness?”

“Well, here we go again… Let the fire argue with the other flame.” Gia rolled her eyes and rested her chin on her hands. Might as well see Krypton picking his nose while listening to the both of us fight.

“Remove the goddamn handcuffs now and let me have that vial or else I’ll break a finger.” I said to scare him but a bit serious if he wouldn’t listen.

“You’re gonna risk losing your last vial for one person you aren’t even close to?” He argued more that it makes me have no other choice but to do the thing I’ve just said.

“3!” I began counting, hoping that it would work.

“Kirstie! Please, you can save lots of them after this.”

“2!”

“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS?”

Krypton bursted out a hysterical laugh then Gia shushed him with a following punch on his shoulder that made him spill his noodles from his chopsticks.

“1!” My counting dropped and I was aiming to break my pinky. “Ight, I’m breaking it. You won’t even follow.” And so I did what I had just said. By the time I endured the pain of breaking a little bone.

“Why the fuck would you let her break her finger?” Gia exclaimed towards Zedd who’s now looking like he’s gonna cry.

“Remove her cuffs…” He finally said but it’s highly noticeable how pissed off he was. “Let her die soon enough when her seizure triggers.”

“Hey, that’s too rude of you.” Gia answered as she removed the cuffs. “You even let her break her finger.”

“What am I gonna do then? Let her suffer from those epileptic seizures without anything to bring her back?” Zedd responded and threw his heavy bag at me where the last vial was. “Get that shit off of my bag and run over to that lady.”

I didn’t complain about him throwing his bag at me, I know he only wanted to protect me. He must hate me a lot right now – which was making things easier for me.

“Don’t get mad at him Gia, it’s my fault after all. No one would save me if I die after all.” I winked at them as I headed out to run towards Lita.

I sped off while handling the last vial along with the new set of syringe cautiously. The soldiers were kinda shocked after seeing me head out from our ride but I didn’t give a single fuck about it.

“Whatcha doin’ here, missy. You wanna tag along in our playtime?” One of them said while chewing some kind of weed.

“No thanks, I’m full of your boss’s shit already.” I answered coldly and they won’t keep their dicks still when they tried walking close to me. “I said, no thanks. Ain’t that clear enough?

They didn’t listen though, so I had no choice but to silence their lustful desires by tightening their underwear until their balls would hurt. Hearing their cries pleased my ears. Ah, the sound of dominance and victory.

“I hate dealing with dumb people who couldn’t even understand a simple request.” I told them as I attached the needle to the syringe, filled it and injected the cure to Lita.

She finally calmed down and not a little while I asked her if she’s fine to be sent somewhere else safe. “Hey, Lita. It’s me, Kirstie. I just treated your seizure temporarily, but I’m gonna get back to you again once I’ve developed a 100% cure for all of us, test subjects of that wretched experiment.”

“Kirstie, I thought you died along with Nico and the others.” She replied to me, crying. “I can’t find the others and things are beginning to be as hopeless as this.”

“We’ll make sure we’ll find the other remaining survivors and treat them as soon as possible.” I paused for a while after realizing something. “Is this your first time having epileptic seizure?”

“No, it seldom happens to me.”

“Ain’t those seizures killing you?” I asked curiously.

“I’m taking a sort of remedy to treat them. It works a lot on me. I might give you a sample soon to help you out with that antidote you’re developing.” She told me as I helped her stand up and I just noticed the men pleading for mercy in pain. I let their underpants go. At least they’d be crying all night.

I nodded at her as a response  then we went at the opening of our vehicle and called Zedd and Gia to accompany Lita towards the safe zone for her to reunite with the lost citizens. “Hey, you big ass inside our ride, why not take this woman back to that safe zone 30 minutes away from any knuckleheaded German? So that you’d do something good as I kiss my pinky goodbye. Take your doctor with you.”

Zedd rolled his eyes with mere disagreement but still signaled Gia to escort him. “Nice looking slave who orders her master around. Thanks for the useless advice… Let’s go Gia.”

I went back handcuffed again and sat in front of his troublesome brother. Zedd paused for a while and muttered, “I’ll help you out fix your broken finger. Just wait for us to head back.”

They went off, leaving me with Krypton having the opportunity of doing some shit again while his brother ain’t looking.

1