Episode Twenty: Change Your Mind (B)
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So you’re one of those mofos who did this shit to me?” I exclaimed at him then laughed out of the blue. “I would say thank you tho. I would’ve not beat your ass up right now if it y’all weren’t done that failed experimentation before.”

“My cowardly brother would’ve killed you long ago if that shit didn’t happen.” Krypton mutters as he finds himself a piece of clothing from his backpack. “I could’ve successfully stabbed you a while ago. Cheater.”

I just rolled my eyes as I opened a bar of chocolate I got from inside of my bag. “Say, why are you into killing me?”

He let out a sigh of despair then gave an awkward type of chuckle, “That virus inside you will give me power to go against my dad. If I extracted it from you, I would’ve developed the strongest bioweapon ever.”

“But are you gonna be happy after accomplishing your plans? Killing everyone in your way, being the evil person, one could ever imagine. To whom was your mission for?” I questioned him calmly as I took a bite off my chocolate bar that almost messed up my white shirt. “You could’ve at least asked me for a blood sample.”

“I wanna take revenge for the death of my mom. She died of cancer… She would’ve lived a little longer if dad helped her. Dad didn’t.” He said while changing his clothes that I soon noticed huge scars on his back. Compared to Zedd’s, his scars were a lot.

“So, you also received a lot of scars like your younger brother.”

“Yeah, we never had experienced love from anyone other than our mothers.” His tone gradually changed into a tranquil one but was mixed in with gloom. “I wouldn’t even deny the fact how his mother loved me for the way I was, even though I was so rash to her. She would still smile at me.”

“I hated the fact that I had to be as wicked as my father to be able to take revenge over her death.” He smirked then rolled his eyes to make me not notice that he was about to shed a tear.

“I know how you feel, I swear. In fact, I envy you two.” I smiled weakly then finished the snack in my little hand.

“Why?” He asked me, finally looked at me as a sign of interest in listening to what I was about to tell him.

“I once had a family. A loving mother, a tough father, and a loyal younger brother. I wish I had treasured those years when they’re still alive. Your father apparently was the reason behind their death. Before I was forced to be a test subject, I saw them being murdered in front of me. I regretted the fact that I didn’t even talk to them a lot.” I told him as I got another batch of snacks from inside my bag.

“Aren’t there any relatives who came to take care of you?” Questioned Krypton, sounding so concerned now. It’s pretty ironic hearing a cocky asshole having a serious tone of concern for someone he almost killed.

“Nah, none of them dared taking me out of sheer fright of getting killed as well.” I let out a sarcastic laugh then popped out a bag of potato chips. “The only ones who took me willingly were my friends back there at the rural area where I was living in sinister. Aaliyah became also my family, but of course that friendship won’t last long because she had her own household to tend to.”

“I didn’t know how fucked up your life was because of us.” He told me as he shared the snack with me. “I was really stupid for my plans that I thought it’ll be worth offering to my mom’s grave.”

“We make decisions that we think are right. Maybe the purpose is good but sometimes the method a person would use is depraved. We might think that our plans were for somebody else though clearly it really came from our selfish desires.” I spoke frankly. “Like how I planned on taking down the general by coming all the way here all by myself without thinking that it’s too risky for me. I even risked myself on ditching away from that little town and put my friends in danger.”

“Like how I’ve been wanting to kill innocent people without thinking if those will make my mom glad. And that Klint also took action on tormenting people in order to take over dad’s position and change his ways.” Krypton added as his realization to what I was trying to tell him all along. It makes me happy on how I change people’s wicked perspectives into a new one. I just wanted everything to live and lessen their greed on something that they wanna have.

Sticky situations weren’t really always done with decisions that would bypass or risk other people’s lives. There are other ways to prove someone how good you are without pulling another person down. Executing evil plans would make you happy at first, but not a little longer, you’ll find yourself empty and dissatisfied. And that you’ll do another cycle again to find bliss.

“I quite understand where Aaliyah was coming from though. Maybe she’d thought of betraying me because she loves her family so much. She would of course choose her children first before me.” I let out a smile after releasing all those words I wanna say to him. He deserved to know how beautiful our life was and that he should treasure it while he lives.

“You really sound like Klint’s mom. It’s too cheesy to hear but… You know? I won’t deny the fact how right you were.” Krypton now releases a smile that one has never seen before. Finally, a smile that I was sure made his mom glad right at this moment.

“You should show that cheesy smile to Gia though. It’s cute.” I complimented him and teased him at the same time.

“Hey shut up! Don’t tell her yet.” He told me as he looked in different kinds of direction, ensuring the two weren’t around yet.

“Oh hey, speaking of the devil. I see ‘em from afar running towards our vehicle.” I told him winking at him then attached the cuff to my wrist again.

“How could you even see them?” He exclaimed, giving that confused face.

I gave him a smirk, “Farsighted bruh.”

“I won’t tell Gia about your lovey-dovey side as long as you shut your mouth from telling Zedd my playacting.” I told him then gestured that ‘I got my eye on ya’ action.

“Yeah! Yeah! Sure. Just keep your ass off of Gia.” Then he sat down somewhere really far from me.

As I was about to breathe to say another word.

“Who would release a bloodhound in the middle of the night and in the middle of nowhere?” I just heard Gia catching her breath as she spoke those words angrily.

“What happened to you two? Had a race?” Krypton crossed his arms then gave them a cheeky smile.

“Almost some kind of a death race.” Gia answered Krypton as if she’s dying out of tiredness. 

I signalled Krypton to give her a jug of water at least. It’ll be some points for him though. Well, he did the thing I told him anyway. I’m so proud.

“Anything happened here while we’re away, KRYPTON?” Zedd raised an eyebrow on his brother as he grabbed his water jug to reserve his lost energy.

“Oh, nothing! Nothing at all.” Krypton and I said in chorus. 

“It’s not like Kirstie cheated on ya, or anything.” Krypton added 

that I was shocked by what he had said. That made me throw my shoe directly at him.

“Remember that I have my other hand free, CREEPton. I would never fuck with a disgusting creature like you.” 

“Ow! At least throw me a candybar instead.” He demanded.

“Fuck you, get your own knick-knacks.” I answered back, hugging my heavenly snacks. 

“Okay?” Zedd awkwardly reacted. “I guess the two of you wouldn’t even dare touching each other.”

“Touche.” I agreed. 

1