Episode Twenty One: A Hint of Treachery
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Reuel’s Point of View*

Deep grey sky, smoke and gun powders, eerie noises from gunshots and screaming of people that were being terminated by Germans. We always wake up in the morning with this in our surroundings. Just tell me, when would these things all stop? I am sick and tired of this never ending war. Regardless, I’d still stand up and fight with two hours or less sleep and bread for lunch. I fight for my fallen country, for the fallen people, and for the fallen nation.

“There were still some fresh bananas on the fridge commander”, said one of the private soldiers as I picked up my equipment.

“It’s your favorite right? Go ahead and eat them all up private Noen. You will need all those strength in fighting Germans”, said I who was about to start my daily training.

My daily routine was about push ups, pull ups, sit ups and squats about 40 seconds per set. My normal would be 4 sets each but I could go further. I also run for about four miles for my cardio and stamina workout. I needed to build a strong body enough for battling Germans.

“Captain Reuel, you need to train our units as well. That’s your new mission”, ordered commander Efren as we were in a meeting.

“Yes sir!” I saluted and began on my new mission.

As I got into the new site, I shouted, “Attention soldiers! I am your new captain, when it comes to your training that is. As you can see, I am in charge of buffing you all ladies up because of my training procedures every morning. And that ladies will be your new training session. Now, get down soldiers and do a 40-second push ups. Four sets each.

They began doing push ups, some of them were able to take it easy, but some were having difficulties to even last for ten seconds.

“Private Noen! Lower!” I yelled to one of the soldiers who couldn’t do it properly.

“Yes sir!” He followed then lowered his push ups.

After two minutes and forty seconds, we took a 5-minute breather and started doing pull ups. The same four sets and forty seconds each.

“COME ON, YOU CALL YOURSELVES MEN?! Y’ALL CAN'T EVEN PUT THE BAR UNDER YOUR NOSES!” I exclaimed to give them motivation for training. “EVEN GERMANS CAN DO IT BETTER THAN YOU. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT?!”

After 7 minutes. We started to execute sit ups.

“Ladies, it is important to strengthen your lower abdomen, because if we don’t, Germans could easily bring you all down! Now ladies get your ass down and start four sets.” They all got down and followed what’s been ordered to them - everyone was grunting and running out of breath. “COME ON LADIES, WE ARE ALL JUST GETTING STARTED BUT YOU ALMOST CAN’T MAKE IT TILL THE END?! HOW ARE YOU GONNA DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY WITH A WEAK ASS BODY?”

“Yes sir!” they all said in chorus but it took them a lot of grunts to finish.

“I CAN HEAR YOUNG KIDS, ARE YOU REALLY MEN?!”

“YES SIR!“ They responded a lot like spartan warriors that were hungry for war. 

“Now that’s more like it!” My timer beeped and indicated four miles of running. 

They were all exhausted at the end of the day. They slept immediately, some didn’t stop the workout so that they could handle more of tomorrow’s training.

 

*Aaliyah’s Point of View*

It's been a month since the Germans raided Reuel’s units. They all questioned everyone of who could’ve told the Germans where we were hiding. Fortunately, they all thought it was because of Reuel’s search and rescue party, that’s why they were tracked down. Actually, it’s a win-win situation for me. Reuel was unsuccessful in finding Kirstie and that bastard still has that girl in his hand. Yes, if you are thinking if I was the one who told German’s our location, that’s right. But I had no other choice; my husband was in their hands as their hostage.

*Flashback*

It all happened about a couple of months ago. I was developing a possible cure for Kirstie’s condition when Neil, my husband, vanished for days. It was then when a German, named Krypton came into my laboratory with his guards outside. It was just the two of us.

“Doc Aaliyah right? Can I call you doc Ali?” He spoke with the most annoying smirk I saw in my entire life.

“What do you want?” I asked, wondering what the hell he wanted from me.

“What do I want? Or what do you need from me?” He said as he pulled his pocket knife and played with it a lil bit. “You do know that a man was missing for days, what’s his name again? Ah Neil.”

“What do you know about him?!” I asked in shock. How does he know about him? “Were you the one who is responsible for his disappearance?”

“Ah, thank goodness you aren’t a fool like anybody else.”

“Where is he, you mother fucker?!” I dashed on him as I was about to tackle him. He suddenly pushed me on the wall and held both of my arms above my head. He was so strong that I wasn't able to move. Shaking and puffing on my breath, I said “Please.. Give him back..“

“You smell so good doc, do you know that? What kind of perfume are you using?” He asked as he sniffed me on my neck. I couldn’t fight back, he was just too strong for me to handle.

“Just.. Do whatever you want from me.. Just give me back my husband.” I pleaded as he softly kissed me on my neck and started to lift my shirt up.

His warm hands started kissing my very skin until it reached my back and unfastened my undergarment. “You really gonna do that for me doc? I must say, you are pretty hot, my type for a woman… Your husband must be lucky.” He suddenly caressed my chest under my clothes. I could feel his hand as he groped every inch of my skin. I huffed and felt so sweaty.

“Promise me you’ll give my husband back, alive and well..” I got no choice but to surrender to his needs. Suddenly he stopped and let go of me.

“You really gonna give everything up just for your husband huh? Let me test how far you really can go.” He then choked me and whispered to my ears. “Poison Kirstie, make her drink these drugs, and tell me where your friends are hiding. When you do, I will free him back.”

He finally let go and I gasped for air. I couldn’t be able to speak because of how hard I was choked.

He was about to leave the room when he looked back at me as I was about to lose my consciousness. “Oh yeah, if you fail, I will do more than that to you and to your daughter as well. And of course, you won't be seeing your beloved alive again.” He laughed hysterically and left me passed out.

*Present*

Now that we survived the last attack, Krypton didn’t return him yet but ordered me another task. I was to create a random transmission for the new base. I finally got a proper signal, and started broadcasting where we were.

“Can anyone hear me? Its me, Aaliyah Nikol Santos, the new Philippine base was at a former Futura Homes subdivision in San Pedro Laguna. I repeat, the new base is at the former Futura Homes subdivision in San Pedro Laguna.”

And with that, I ended my transmission.

*Heinz’s Point of View*

In my room I was, when one of my subjects knocked on my door. 

“What dares you to disturb me as I was about to take some rest?” Said I and pointed my hand gun on him.

“Sire, we got a radio transmission, it’s from a filipina. She told us a new base of the Filipinos that sir Krypton last raided. We sent our spies to check, it turns out that the coordinates were legitimate.” Said by my loyal servant. 

“I see what a delightful turn of event this is.”

 

1