01. Wake up
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cold, that’s the first thing I realize, cold, and then suddenly the feeling of being electrocuted spread throughout the body forcing me to open my eyes. I open my eyes and the first thing I saw was a gray ceiling, I woke up from my bed and immediately a thought appeared in my head.

"Where am I ...?"

No. ..., the real question is

"Who am I ...?"

I try to remember who I am and the only thing I get is a pain in my head, I hold my head with my right hand because the pain is unbearable. I began to feel panicked and then suddenly hard to breathe, in that state the sound of the alarm and the lights suddenly came on. I looked left at the table where the alarm sound came from and saw the clock on the table showing 5:30. the sound of the alarm made me come back to my senses, I turn it off, and with that, I tried to calm myself by regulating my breathing. After calming down I started inspecting the room where I was.

This room measures about 5x6 meters of concrete-walled on all sides including the ceiling and floor with air vents on the ceiling, there are two doors, one leads to the bathroom and the other leads to the outside. the door that led to the outside was made of metal with an LCD panel beside it. There is one bed enough for two people with a small cabinet on the left, with a digital clock and a flower vase complete with a white paper flower on it. On the inside of the cabinet were a pistol, magazine, and a box of bullets

“well, this is interesting,” I said

I close it and start walking to the wardrobe. the wardrobe contains a variety of clothes from casual to formal, all of which have the same size as mine. Looking at the clothes in the wardrobe I felt that this was my room.

“Is this the reason why this room feels so familiar?” I said

Even so, I did not feel relieved at all. I looked the other way and saw a bookshelf and a computer on the table. There are various books on various topics from history, mythology, science, and even children's books but most of these books have bad conditions and some even look black from burning.

"Why do I keep these books?" I said

While opening one of the books that was black from burning, some pages were even gone because of burning. I put the book back in its original place and turn my attention towards the computer.

I sat in the chair then pressed the button and a soft buzzing sound came from the PC, the monitor screen turned on and then the word from the monitor came up.

 “[Don’t move until the scan is complete]"

The camera above the monitor turns on and displays my face on the monitor. Then after a while, another word appeared from the monitor.

 “[Scan complete]”

 “[Good morning, Alex]”

“... is that my name? ... Alex?” I said, knowing my own name gives me a sense of calm.

“Okay, this is progress, I guess. Let's see what you got.”

On the main screen, there are several files and programs, one of which has the name 'for me if I forget'.

“well, is it not that's so convenient.”

I press the file and then the video immediately appears on the monitor screen. My face appeared on the screen, at first I thought the camera on the computer came back on until when the video started talking.

“Hello Alex, you must be very confused, just calm down you are okay, for now. So if you are curious about what is happening, why are you in this state, without memory at all, well, I don't know either. ‘Me’ or rather ‘You’ make this video if something like this happens, don't worry you will be fine” Me in the video give a thumbs up

“Yep, very convincing,” I said sarcastically

“Yes, I know this is not convincing, but you certainly can because I can.” He said

Then the tone becomes more serious. “Alright enough talking, let's get back to the main topic. Your name 'Alex' you are ‘Watchmen’ your job is simple, you only have to monitor the area assigned to you.”

“What I mean by monitoring is you go out, go to five transmitting towers that are scattered in your area, check their condition, and protect your area from any disturbances that came.”

“Don't worry, you won't do it alone. You have an assistant in carrying out your duties, that assistant is 'Doll'.”

“ 'Doll' is an android, you can find it on the floor below. they are smart, adaptable and only obey your commands, the more often you use the higher their abilities, they will also develop their own personalities so take care of them, also they are rather expensive so use it wisely.”

“ This place is an 'outpost', this place provides everything you need from a place to rest, supplies, weapons, medical, and everything needed to support your mission. This 'outpost' is your home, you cannot leave the territory assigned to you, so this place is the only place that you can consider your home.”

“ The details are in the book and smartphone in the right-hand drawer.”

I opened the drawer and found a book and smartphone as he said

“The last one before this video ends, there are things I have to tell you. First, do your job, I'm sure you feel unsure why you should do this and just leave, I'm telling you, you won't want to know what will happen if you don't do your job. Second, don't trust anyone, the only one you can trust is yourself.”

“I know this is a contradiction, but all you have to do is do your job. Okay, hopefully, this is useful, don't worry even though you don't remember anything, you can do it, it's the same as riding a bicycle. Ok, good luck.”

and the video ends.

0