04. Dream
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The black sky was covered with clouds which brought thunderstorms and very heavy rain. The sound of lightning blaring in the sky, for a moment the light illuminated the night. The rain drops heavier as time passes, soaking the empty streets amid the ruins of the city. Water flows swiftly from the cracks of the building carrying various kinds of waste. In the middle of this storm the only sound that was heard was the sound of heavy rain that seemed to wash away everything in its path.

The city that was once one of the most populous cities in the world is now just a ghost town without any signs of life. The tall skyscrapers that once seemed to penetrate the sky is now just a pile of iron and concrete that can almost collapse at any time. Cars that used to fill the streets, overpasses and tunnels are now empty with roads filled with holes or crumbling with age, with car frames and several military vehicles parked beside the road. Sidewalks that used to be full of people passing by are now empty. The once beautiful garden where people can gather to relax and have fun is now broken with wild grass growing in thick.

Everything is gone, this city which was once the most advanced city in the world has now been left forgotten swallowed by time. No one remembers what the city was like in its time, nobody even remembers why it was abandoned in the first place. A relic of the past is slowly forgotten and erased from this world. But in the midst of all this, the sound of a raging storm ravaging this dead city, a voice could be heard. The sound of a motorcycle speeding through a storm in the middle of this dead city could be heard.

The sound of his motorbike echoed between the buildings and the light from his motorcycle signaling life in this long-dead city. The rider wearing a black jacket, with blue jeans, brown boots, black gloves and a helmet spurred his motorcycle through the storm. With his ability he spurred his vehicle in the middle of this dead city, passing every obstacle and obstacle facing him without reducing his speed at all. But that person only has one goal, his goal is to get out of this city. He wants to leave this place, to go as far as possible.

He turned to take a shortcut through a place that used to be called a city park but now all that's left is the traces. He exited from there to the main road past two tanks parked beside the road. Then turn again into the alley to pass the road barricade that has existed since the city was abandoned. He came out of the alley and was now heading towards the bridge that led outside the city. He was already in the half way through the bridge when he saw the figure of someone at a few tens of meters in front of him.

He wore a long black robe that covered his body and showed only a small part of his face. He stood in the middle of the road, blocking his path. Without seeing his face, he knows who he is and he knows what his purpose is. The driver brakes hard to stop the speed of the motorcycle and there is a friction between the wheels and the road to leave the ruts. The motor was stopped just one meter in front of the figure wearing black robe, they both froze and stared at each other in silence.

The rider got off his motorcycle and took off his helmet. The person stared at the black robed figure, his face showing various feelings mixed into one. The man opened his mouth, he spoke to the robed figure. The man opened his mouth, he greeted the robed figure with an awkward smile on his face then he asked him. The robed figure silent for a moment then answered the man's question, amidst the ongoing rain his voice was barely audible but the man could hear it clearly. The man fell silent but his face showed that he was surprised at the answer from the robed figure. He asked again and the robed figure answered his question again. This thing continued, but each time he heard the answer from the robed figure, the man's expression changed from surprised to angry.

Finally, the man fell silent. Then he laughed softly laughing at himself, mocking himself. He shouted at the robed figure, asking whether everything said was true. the robed figure then answered in a flat tone

“yes”

The man fell silent again then he laughed, initially softly but turned into louder. Laughed at himself, mocking himself. He stopped laughing, his face showing feelings of sadness, anger, disappointment mixed into one. Then he took a gun from his jacket and aimed it at the robed figure a gunshot can be heard.

They both fell silent the only sound that could be heard was the sound of rain. The sound of gunfire just heard; the gun fell to the ground. Not the man who fired his weapon but the robed figure who did it. The man touched the gunshot wound on his body. Blood begins to flow from the wound. He began to lose his balance, a robed figure holding his body from falling to the ground. The man asked before losing consciousness.

“why ...?”

“why you do this?”

The robed figure silent for a moment then answered

“I’m sorry.”

The man was silent, he was gone, and the robed figure was moved to tears

“but I can't go against orders”

He laid the man on the ground then closed his eyes

“You must go now,” said the robed figure in a serious tone

 


 

I opened my eyes, my body was sweating and panting like I had just run a marathon.

“this ceiling? Am I in my room?” I murmur

“What is that? is that a dream but it felt so real too real like I was there” I murmur

“it's almost like”, this thought gives me goosebumps

0