05. Purpose
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dream that I just felt, feels very real. As if I was there,

"no, I was there." I thought.

My head began to throb because of a headache.

“I began to hate this headache,” this thought which even made the headache worse, only made my even condition worse. I tried to massage my head when suddenly my hand touched the towel that was on my forehead. I took a towel in my head and positioned myself in a sitting position. There was a stack of towels and a bowl of water beside me. I also realize that I'm now in a state of not wearing clothes.

“what just happened?”

Then the sound of my door opening. I was surprised and immediately turned my gaze towards the open door. There I can see the figure who opened the door, a woman with short hair and white skin wearing a suit, she stood there with an emotionless face and her red eyes staring at me. It was Tia who opened the door. We look into each other's eyes for a few seconds, when I first see her eyes the feeling that I feel is fear. But now, a new feeling is coming from me. A sense of longing, like meeting someone you know after a long time no see. I was charmed by her eyes.

“You're awake,” she said flatly.

“... ah, yes, I’m awake,” I snap back, and then try to calm myself.

Is this the effect of the dream that I had before, if the dream was my memory maybe the feeling that I felt was the effect of my memory that began to return

Tia then walked towards me; her steps graceful like a model who was doing a catwalk.

“How are you now?”

“ah, fine, it seems.” I compose myself

“what happen?” I said

“When we returned to see you, Emma and I found you lying on the floor. we took you to the medical room and it looks like you have a panic attack, after making sure your life is not threatened, we brought you here so you can rest.” she said. While talking, Tia took a chair and placed it beside my bed so she could sit next to me.

“Okay, thanks. Now where is Emma?”

“after making sure everything is fine and bringing you here, I asked him to check this base and report if there was anything out of place.”

“why did you tell her to do that?” I ask

“because before you fainted you said you were checking out this base, I thought you must have a reason. So, I asked Emma to continue what you are doing.”

“ah,” I did say if I wanted to check another floor. So ...

“then why are you here?”

“I want to stay here so I can accompany you and help you if you need anything.”

“I see, thanks” I said. I lowered my eyes down, for some reason it makes me happy even though I'm sure she only does what she is programmed to do.

“So then why I’m naked?”

“You were delirious and started sweating so I took off your clothes so I could wipe your sweat with a towel.”

“thank you, I appreciate it.”

Okay that explains why I'm not wearing clothes, wait ...

“you say I'm delirious?” I looked at her face while leaning my body towards her a little.

“yes, when I stay here with you, you start to sweat while muttering something

“did I say something?”

“no, it seems like all I hear is you just muttering unclearly.”

“I see ....” I lowered my eyes down, I don't know why but I feel a little relieved.

“Why? Is it important?” Tia leaned toward me.

I raised my eyes and saw that our faces were only a few centimeters away, I could see more clearly her perfectly created face and my reflection in her red iris. I was surprised then leaned back straightened position.

“ah, no ... it just ... I think ... I had a dream.”

Tia leaned back and straightened position.

“... a dream? ... What kind of dream?” she asked while tilting his head slightly.

“I ... do not remember.” somehow, I can not speak honestly.

“you don’t remember.”

“... yes, sorry.”

“no, it's fine as long as you are fine.”

When she said that her face didn't show any emotion but I felt she was worried, I felt a little guilty for lying to her.

we both fell silent for a few moments not knowing what to say, then came the voice from the smartphone next to me. I looked at the smartphone then took it with my left hand. there is an incoming email from the central with the title 'assignment'. I open the email and see its contents.

“What is it?” Tia asked

“It’s an email from the central, it’s our 'assignments' for today.”

I sigh. And press my hand to my ayes

“Alex, what’s your order.”

I sigh again then look at the Tia.

“can you do this without me.”

“sorry Alex I can't do it, we ‘doll’ are only responsible for helping you carry out your tasks and can't do anything without your supervision or your presence as an 'overwatch' of this region.”

“huh ..., I see.” I sigh.

I don't feel like doing all this. Too much happened and I don't know what to do to deal with all this. What if I stay here doing nothing?

“say, Tia, what will happen if I don't do it.” I ask

“there will be consequences that will be given.”

“yea, I figure it out.”

“... if you wanted, I can make report that the ‘overwatch’ in in an imperfect state and unable to carry out tasks.” Tia suggests.

“can you do that?”

“yes, even so they will send someone here to check everything.”

“should I do that?” Tia asks.

I closed my eyes and thought, “maybe I could do it, take a break while looking for information in this place, but ...”

“... No. ...”

Although that sounds like an interesting idea, I don't know if I will get useful information. I don't know what will happen if I don't do my job anyway.

“... we will do our job.” I said.

“are you sure?” she said, even without showing any emotion I felt she was worried.

Anyway, if I get out of here maybe I will get more information by looking at the outside world and if this is my work in the past. Maybe my memory will come back when I do what I usually do. beside the words from the video still echo in my head 'do your job'

“yes, I am fine now.” I said

“can you and Emma prepare everything?”

she stood up while saying, “affirmative.”

“I will tell Emma to prepare the equipment needed.” Tia said,

“and I'll cook something for breakfast.”

When she talked about breakfast, I suddenly felt hungry.

“can you cook?” I ask

“don't worry, cooking is one of my programs. I am confident in my cooking skills.” when she spoke like that, even though expressionless I felt she spoke proudly.

I covered my mouth with my hand and let out a small laugh.

“haha .... then I'll wait for it.”

she smiled a little, that was the first time I saw her show an expression.

“yes.”

Then she walked to the door gracefully for some reason she looks happy and closed it.

I exhale, then rub my eyes with my hand and then get out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, warm water came out and wet my body. in a small voice I spoke ...

“right now, I don't know what the conditions are and the current situation, but clearly there's no point in complaining. I will carry out what tasks are given to me at this time, and find out how the fuck I got this situation.”

At that moment I convinced myself to find out how I had gotten to this condition and maybe beat someone responsible for all this.

0