Episode 1: Yuna is dead
42 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a normal day, nothing new should have happened. My right eye also didn't flutter when I woke up, there was no thunderstorm, no black cat crossed my path and the neighbour's dog barked at me like usual. I swear that thing's a demon incarnate.

Just like a normal day, I wondered how that cute little thing be so vicious while making my way towards the school. On the way, I met up with my friends. We talked about the new serial that was aired yesterday. The topic of interest is the way too goof looking male hero with godly body and face. 

No, we didn't admire him. I and my friends knew it was stupid and unreal to have any sort of admiration towards these unobtainable actors, so we made fun of those who did.

We reached college, the lectures started. Like usual, I paid attention to the lectures I was interested in and went to the back seats during boring ones. I always wanted to just leave these few boring lectures, but the enemy called minimum attendance didn't allow that.

The day went like normal, half of the lectures were over. Before the next one, I went to the washroom for obvious reasons. Nothing out of ordinary as I made my way towards the washroom, the sky was clear, students were roaming around, so what happened? I missed a small detail. But even if I knew, nothing would have changed in the end.

While taking a piss, I messaged one of my friends, to ask her if the teacher had entered the class. If he had, then I needed to hurry. That's when the first abnormality occurred. My message was read but no reply came.

I failed to recognize the abnormality, I thought the teacher came early and saw her using the phone, so he took it. It was quite normal, but I failed to consider the fact that this was not a school, where they take students' phones away.

I hurried back to the classroom, on my way over I realized there was no student roaming around, but I didn't give it much thought. There was also something smelly in the air, but I didn't give it much thought. On my way, my legs made contact with something, a squishy sound entered my ears, but I didn't give it much thought. 

I had realized what happened the moment I left the washroom, I saw everything when I came out but I didn't accept it until I reached the classroom.

I stood by the classroom door. A thick liquid touched my legs, my eyes locked onto the peaceful classroom that was now painted red. I saw my friend who was holding onto her phone with my message open, her eyes were open but they didn't close. Everyone's eyes were open, but none were closing, all of them had this joyful expression on their faces just like a normal day, but this time the expression didn't change.

I called out to each one of them, none answered. It was a bad prank, I didn't like this joke, I got angry and yelled, but none answered. My vision started becoming blurry, maybe now they will answer? and laugh at how perfectly they pulled a prank on me. I head the laugh, several loud laughs, laughs that were directed towards me.

I looked towards the direction of laughter, three people were standing there. Three faces I haven't seen before, but I immediately knew who they were.

My mind froze, my body didn't listen, I charged towards the three people. Their laughter grew louder, they almost couldn't control it anymore. My charge continued, the language they were mocking me in, I didn't understand. 

Suddenly, one stopped laughing, the next second what I saw weren't their faces but the ceiling of the room. Something warm was covering my face, the viscous liquid enveloped the edges of my body. Slowly, I started feeling cold, the laughing continued, the mocking continued. My head was throbbing with this unknown pain.

My vision started becoming black, a quick flashback of life went through my head, a flashback containing 19 years of life. I realized something crucial.

I was dying.

A bullet pierced my head.

I was killed.

My friends were killed.

My classmates were killed.

The students were killed.

The teachers were killed.

The thing I squashed earlier was someone's eyeball.

The viscous liquid was blood.

The source of laughter were evil people.

It was a terrorist attack. 

They attacked this college, why?

I didn't know, but there was no need to know any longer.

I died, with a body filled with hate towards some people. Hate I couldn't imagine I could feel, but it was all in vain.

The end came.

I died.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Or so I thought, but I woke up. My surroundings different, my clothes different.

My face, different.

I screamed. Suddenly the door opened

"Miss! you finally woke! Madam!! the young miss has finally woken up!"

Miss? Madam? 

The woman dressed in strange maid clothes, who was she? Why was she calling me a young miss, what had happened? Didn't I die? Where am I. What is with this face? Whose body is this? 

The questions kept on spiralling, my nervousness started reaching its threshold. My teeth started clattering, again, I screamed.

"young miss? what happened? Madam is on the way here"

"WHO ARE YOU!???" I shouted, with a trace of fear in my voice

"huh? young miss, it's me. Carla, don't you remember? oh no....don't tell me..."

Why is she suddenly making a pained expression

"WHERE AM I??!!!" the traces of fear in my voice grew clearer.

Suddenly, a sharp pain stung my head.

"AHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!! GHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!"

"Miss? young miss?! what happened? Mitsu! call the doctor again!"

"Y-yes!"

The pain grew larger by the second, the woman I haven't seen before suddenly grabbed my shoulders, I acted instinctively and slapped her hands away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

"M-miss..."

She was probably trying to soothe me, seeing me in pain was painful for her. But at that time I didn't know, all of the question marks, the very abnormal situation, the constant stinging in my head like someone was constantly stabbing my head with sharp needles, all of it lead to the fear to grow even larger.

My head combusted.

I passed out.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I woke up, this unknown person I was inside of, her memories came back to me.

This person's name is Yuna. 

Same as my own name.

Same name, different body. What happened to my real body? what did those terrorists do after I died? Did the police kill them? 

What about my parents? What happened to them? They must be crying, I need to go back to them. I'm alive after all.

A few days passed.

On the night of fifth day, I cried soundlessly.

I had to accept the reality despite knowing it from the first day.

This was a different world.

On the first day, the horse carriages outside already confirmed it, the fancy dresses also confirmed it. The lack of smoke in the air also confirmed it. But today I had to accept it.

Acceptance was hard, but it was necessary.

It was unfair. If I died then things should remain that way, they must remain that way. Why was I given a chance to live again? It would have made sense if it was in the same world. Thay way I could direct this feeling, these emotions towards those terrorists.

But they are not available in this world.

So, who do I direct these feelings to? Whom should I pour these emotions on?

Whom should I direct this boiling rage towards?

Do I just eat it all up and forget about what happened? or what should I do?

The people of this house call me young miss, I have got two new parents who also love me. But I can't return their feelings, Mom and dad are still alive in that world. I miss them, I find it impossible to just forget them and then love these new ones like they are some convenience store products.

So this is what it feels like to not love someone who loves you back. It's a peculiar feeling.

I feel like a piece of crap right now.

Rumours are already spreading that the daughter of Rosalia's house is ungrateful towards her parents.

Then should I answer their real feeling with my fake ones? Should I fake my love for them? 

NO. That would be disrespecting their genuineness. 

This is a world where the aristocracy is deep rooted. I would also be married off sooner, I hated that for the past four days, but maybe it's not all too bad. If I get married and leave this house, then I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about not being able to reciprocate their feelings.

It's a political marriage, so there would be no love coming from the other side, which works quite well for me.

As the burden on my mind lessened a bit, the crying became less painful and eventually, it stopped. That day I slept with a little peace of mind.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The days passed, a week passed and after a month, I got married.

It was a gaudy celebration. The daughter of Rosali's house married to the handsome young master of Walia's house. A young master many women dreamt of being with. Black hair, cold looks, efficient and hard worker. 

While sending me off, the new parents cried, the pain of having to send their daughter to another home after they have raised her for so many years with sweat and care. It was a genuine cry mixed with sadness and happiness. 

A sweet moment.

But their daughter's expressions didn't change. Not a single tear escaped her eyes. She just watched her parents cry with an eye of no care. The society's scorn towards this ungrateful daughter grew bigger. Even the cold handsome groom looked towards his bride with a slight disappointment.

But the bride still didn't shed a tear. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't cry, she wanted to, she really wanted to, but she couldn't bring herself to reciprocate her new parents' love. The old ones still haven't left her mind.

Again, the bride could have faked it. She knew it was a better choice.

but the bride couldn't bring herself to disrespect something so genuine with her fakeness.

The bride couldn't leave her ideals behind. 

and so, I, Yuna, got married.

A year later, I died.

2