An Unexpected Friend
363 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we were a good distance away from the men who captured us, Taylor and I stopped to rest. I looked through what we were able to carry with us, hoping that we had enough to make a makeshift tent. Luckily we were able to steal some food. There were some dried meat and a pot—a small victory.

After some more surveying, I concluded that we could at least be able to sleep out of the elements with what we had, though I would have to find some decent sticks to make the poles. I couldn’t believe that we lost everything that we worked for. Plus, we had no idea where we were. As we sat in the middle of the woods, I thought about home again. I wondered if I did the right thing. I wasn’t a hero. Hell, I was barely even an adult.

“What are you thinking about?” Taylor asked. I looked at her and frowned. Sometimes it was annoying that she could tell that something was on my mind. I guess that is what I get for having a girlfriend.

“I was thinking about what you asked. I know deep down I felt I needed to save Madison, and I want to make that man pay for what he did to my mom, but why? I’m no hero. I still don’t know how to live on my own. I mean, look what happened when mom died. You came to live with me. Not that I’m not grateful. I love that you want to live with me. But what would I have done if you didn’t? I am barely keeping it together,” I said before looking at the ground. I must have sounded really pathetic.

“You would have found a way. You give yourself so little credit. And as for the whole Maddison thing, I think you did it because you are a good person. I don’t know what that goddess’s plans are, but I know you. After all the time I have spent with you, you have shown me what it is to care about people. Even people you may not like,” she said as she came over and wrapped her arms around me. Then she flicked my nose with her tail, which caused me to sneeze.

After some wallowing time, my stomach told me that I needed to eat, so I went to find some sticks to make a fire. I also wanted a little time to myself so that I could think about my actions.

I had been searching for sticks for about twenty minutes when I heard a twig break. My ears twitched as I tried to find the source of the sound. I could smell something but couldn’t figure out what it was. As I stood there, I heard it again. It sounded like it was coming from the trees. I figured it was just a bird, so I continued my search. Then I heard a heavy thud. Turning around, I was met with what looked like a mix between a bird and a human. Then it hit me. What I was looking at was a harpy—a very beautiful harpy at that.

Her feathers were a mix of blue and yellow. She had beautiful blonde hair that was crowned by feathers. She had eyes bigger than any human, which were a pinkish color. I would say that she was about my age, but a little thinner. The one thing that caught my attention was her chest. Unlike me, she had no covering. Her perky breast was just out for the world to see.

“I could ask you the same,” she said as her eyes were trained on me, watching me closely. I wondered briefly if she thought me a threat.

“My name is Angel. My friend and I were captured by some bad people, but we were able to escape,” I said, though I didn’t know why I felt the need to explain myself.

“I am Aliona, and I think I saw the people you are talking about. I chased them far away from here, so you should be safe. If I may be so bold, what are you and your friend doing out here all alone?” she asked as she relaxed a little. I tried to stare at her face, but my eyes kept wandering to her chest. I looked away and blushed. I didn’t know why I was acting so bashful. It wasn’t like I hadn’t seen Taylor naked.

“We came here from far away to find and rescue someone. They were taken by this evil man who wants to destroy the worlds’ as we know them,” I said. I watched her tilt her head in confusion. Stupid me. She probably believes, as we did, that this was the only world.

Sounds like quite an adventure. I wonder, could I possibly join you? I was kicked out by my people and have been living here alone for some time.” She asked. I could see the sorrow in her eyes. I felt bad for her. I know that it is hard to trust people, but something told me that I wouldn’t have to worry about her

“Sure. I am sure that my friend won’t mind. Plus, since we are beastkin, it would probably be best to stick together since there is a man who is out to “collect” our kind as trophies.” I said. She smiled and bounced up and down, flapping her wings excitedly. I again had to turn my eyes as her boobs bounced up and down.

“I am sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?” she asked, looking as if I had just taken her last cookie.

“It’s not that. It’s just that…. I can see your boobs,” I said, blushing. She looked at me questioningly, then looked at her chest, then back at me.

“We harpy are all like this. There has never been a reason that we should cover ourselves. How else would we attract males.” She said. Then she grabbed her perky boobs and squeezed them. I hoped that Taylor wasn’t watching this from somewhere behind me. She might get the wrong idea.

“Wait. There are male harpies?” I asked. I never heard of there being male harpies in the fairy tales. But with everything else I have seen thus far, I guess anything is possible.

“There are, but harpies don’t usually go for their own kind. Instead, we find a suitable human to mate with. It has been this way for longer than I have been alive,” she said. I was shocked, but at the same time, it kind of made sense. After all, they were half-human. Although it made me wonder, wouldn’t they end up having a pure human baby down the line?

“Well, I guess we should get going. I am sure my friend is wondering where I am,” I said. It felt like a knife to the heart having to call Taylor my friend, but how would I explain us to Aliona?

After another twenty-minute walk, we found the campsite where Taylor was waiting. She had managed to make a tent and already had a fire pit ready. As we closed in, she stood up and jumped back as if she was getting ready to pounce.

“Angel, look out, there’s a harpy behind you,” Taylor said. I laughed a little. She looked so cute when she was like this.

“It’s okay, Tay, she is nice. She wants to come with us. Her family threw her out, and she’s been all alone,” I said, trying to calm Taylor down. She relaxed a little and looked at Aliona. Then her eyes went exactly where mine went when I saw her.

“Her boobs are sticking out!” Taylor pointed out. I nodded.

“I think it’s best if she explains. But first, let’s get a fire going. I am starving,” I said as I placed the sticks in the fire pit. Tonight was going to be an interesting night.

13