Time With Dad Pt. 1
321 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, I awoke to my sister pouncing on me. She seemed very excited about something. I wondered if it was because I was home or because something was exciting going on.

“What are you bouncing on me for, brat,” I asked Holly. At first, she didn’t answer, just sat there grinning like she had just beat me in a board game.

“Dad said he was going to take me for my first flying lesson. He said I needed to get you up so you could join us, she said matter-of-factly. Why did my dad decide to volunteer me to go on flying lessons with them? I didn’t even get asked. It was a bit annoying. Not to mention laying by myself last night.

“Off me, you cow, you’re going to break my spleen,” I traded. Holly stuck her tongue out but jumped off the bed, landing gracefully on the floor. Sighing, I got out of bed and brushed my tail. It looked like one of those loofas that you would use to clean your backside. As I was brushing, my ear twitched as I felt someone poke it. Looking up, I saw Taylor standing there staring at me.

“Well, isn’t this the most gorgeous sight to see in the morning? How did my wolf girl sleep?” Taylor teased. I let out a low playful growl causing Holly to slap her face with her hand.

“Ugh. You two need to get a room,” Holly said, keeping her hand on her face. I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh.

“Technically, we are in a room, so that statement doesn’t quite work,” I said before throwing a pillow at Holly.  She laughed and walked out of the room, leaving Taylor and me alone.

“She is really excited about learning how to fly from you. It is all I have heard all morning,” Taylor said as she sat down on the bed. The only thing I could think about was how I just wanted to push her down on the bed and cuddle with her all day. We didn’t have a lot of time to spend together since going through that portal. Sure, there were some steamy moments, but that wasn’t the only thing I wanted.

“I know that we are supposed to be searching for that goddess, and the whole fate of the world kind of thing, but all I can think about right now is taking you on another date. I feel like we really haven’t had a lot of time to be proper girlfriends,” I said, my tail wrapped around me. Taylor looked at me with understanding eyes.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems that every time things seem to calm down, we get thrust into something else. Honestly, I don’t see why anything up to this point has to do with us. Maddison is safe. Esme has her brother back. You no longer have the goddess controlling you, so why can’t someone else take over?” Taylor asked as she placed her hand on my thigh. A shiver ran up my leg into my spine.

“That all sounds lovely, but there is one thing you are forgetting, love. I am one of the keys that she is looking for. If I don’t do something to defend myself, who knows what she will do to me,” I said, defeated in my own words. Taylor sighed and leaned her head against my shoulder.

“I know, but it isn’t fair. You didn’t ask for any of this. It is too much for one person to have to deal with,” Taylor said, her tail gently beating my side in her frustration.

“But I won’t have to deal with it alone, babe, I have you remember,” I reminded Taylor. She turned and looked at me with those beautiful big eyes. I could see the admiration in her eyes.

“That is right, babe, you will always have me. And your sister, and even your dad. I just wish it didn’t have to come to all of this,” Taylor said as she laid her head back on my shoulder. Looking down, I sighed.

“Yeah, but unfortunately, there is nothing I can do now, other than prepare for what is sure to come,” I said, trying my best to sound brave to hide that I was just as worried as she was. If this goddess was getting her power back like the What could I possibly do to stop her? It wasn’t like I was a god or anything.

As we headed into the living room, everyone else was already there. So much for a quiet morning. I really needed to put my foot down and take Taylor back to our house.

“Ah, there you are. I suspect that Holly has already told you the plan for after breakfast?” dad said, waving a spatula in the air. I had to suppress a laugh. It was weird seeing dad cook. For as far as I could remember, it was always our mom who did the cooking. If only mom could see dad now.

“Yes, she decided to use me as a trampoline. I can’t wait to help you teach Holly to fly,” I lied. All I really wanted was to go home. It isn’t like dad couldn’t teach her how to fly on his own. After all, he was the true seraph in this family.

“Aww, a family flying lesson. That is so awesome. I wish our parents were here to do that kind of thing with us,” Esme said. I felt bad for her and Arron. Here I was with my dad, and they were practically orphans. Even my mom was gone, who had agreed to watch Esme. I guess I really didn’t have a lot to complain about.

“I wish you had your parents too, but we are all family here, remember that,” my dad said as he walked over and hugged Esme. I had to admit, for having eight legs, she was very beautiful. If I wasn’t already with Taylor, I could see myself with her. I just worried about Arron. After seeing what he could do, I wouldn’t want to get on his bad side—nothing like the fear of being a roasted wolf.

If you are enjoying my work and would like to help me be able to make this my career, consider becoming a patreon where you will get access to chapters before they are posted. Thank you again for reading my story and I hope you will follow me as I write more stories..

If you want to read more of my work you can find my other story: Trouble at Helsing Academy here

12