Becoming an Incubus Ch 11
524 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 11

 

Abbey and I woke up early in the morning and after a quickie in the shower where we cleaned off the previous day’s lust, we stepped out the door and headed for the library. As much as I had enjoyed spending the previous day and the night that preceded it making love to Abbey in various rooms of her apartment and on various pieces of furniture and appliances… I really needed to start doing some serious research about these succubae and what becoming the servant of one meant for me. Also, I needed to take some time to experiment with my differences.

            I was calling them my differences because at this point, I wasn’t sure whether to call them powers or call them my affliction as I did not seem to have any control over what was going on. The hunger was something that had not bothered me since I first ate Abbey out on her kitchen table, most likely because she had made sure that I had received copious amounts of her lust energy both before and after we found out that as the servant of a succubus I needed to consume lust energy in the same way as a succubus. Honestly, I needed more information because I wasn’t sure altogether what the difference was between the servant of a succubus and an incubus if the book said that those were the only two types of demons of lust.

            Of course, the book had not said that those were the only two kinds of demon of lust explicitly, it had simply not had had any others listed. Thus, we needed more information and lacking somebody to ask the library was really the best thing I could think of. Sure, I could probably do a Gooble search on the internet, but it was not likely to turn up anything useful. Thousands of hits on porn sites and wikis for games and movies involving the lust demons but nothing on their history or powers outside of mythology and even that was bare of any mentions of anything useful. So, we headed to the library.

            When we reached the library, the librarian was just walking up the front steps to open the door and so once she had it open and we were able to enter we had the entire place more or less to ourselves. The librarian after looking at us for a moment as we entered, was busy cataloguing some books behind the counter and did not pay us much attention. We headed to the computer kiosk and typed in the word ‘succubus’ and hit enter. There were forty-seven results of titles in the library that included the word succubus either in the title or in the description. Unfortunately, they were all categorized in fiction.

            Feeling frustrated after having looked up the most promising few of them hoping that even in a fiction you would find some hints or something but that came up bare. Most were in the adult romance section and only had the lust demonesses in them for kink. Finally, I decided to try my luck with the librarian. Maybe she would know of somewhere to look for information of succubae.

            When I approached the counter Abbey held back, letting me talk to her on my own. She looked to be in her late thirties with red hair tied up into rather severe bun and clothes that hid her form under layers of sweaters along with a pair of glasses that made her eyes seem two sizes two big. Despite all that however, I thought she might have been rather pretty had she worn something more provocative. Of course, I was of the mind that almost all women could be pretty when they tried. For those that could not manage it even with makeup, well, sorry.

            When I approached the counter, she looked up from her work and gave me a smile that did not seem to reach her eyes. “Is there something you needed help with sweetie?” she said in a stern voice that sounded at odds with the endearment she had used. “Um yeah, I was wondering if you had anything about succubae that was in the nonfiction section? Or at this point anything at all that has information about their abilities and origins in mythology instead of modern fiction would be great.” She gave a bit of a start when she heard the word succubae.

            Turning a bit pink around the ears she said, “What did you need the information for? If you tell me what you need it for, I can help direct you to the book that is most applicable, otherwise you may waste a lot of time looking through multiple old volumes.” It made sense and yet I had a feeling that this librarian had some other interest in the word succubae. Was she breathing a bit heavily? Nah, must be my imagination. “I am doing a report for my classes, my professor assigned each of us a paper on a different type of demon and said we needed to research it beyond what can be found in modern fiction. “Oh, I see,” she said, “in that case come with me, we have an old compendium of the different types of demons as composed by a Catholic scholar in the 16th century. Ours is of course a reproduction of the original but it is still quite rare to come across.”

             As she said this she began leading me through stacks of books that seemed to go on forever before finally coming to a corner of the library that seemed to hold old religious texts that were rarely disturbed even by the librarians if the amount of dust was any way to judge things. Pulling a book from a shelf without hesitation as if she had consulted it many times in the past, she handed it to me and then left back to her work of cataloguing books and returning them to their proper homes.

            Looking at the book in my hands it was an old leather-bound volume which was dark brown, almost black in color and had the title inlaid in gold filigree and said ‘Concerning Demons & their origins’ and had no author listed. This was an unusual book for a public library, that was for sure. Maybe someone had donated it from their private collection a long time ago. It didn’t matter much where the book came from, I supposed, only that I had access to it now when I needed some answers.

            I quickly found a table and set the book down pulling out a chair. Abbey soon rejoined me and sat next to me so that she could look at the book at the same time. Handling it gently, lest it be fragile I carefully opened the book, the spine creaking a bit as I did so and the smell of old paper and ink flooding my nostrils. I had never been a bibliophile but something about the smell of them still got me excited. I paged through it until I found a table of contents and soon found the entry for although it was listed under ‘Incubae & Succubae’ as if they were not a separate type of demon at all. Flipping quickly through to the indicated page I started to read.

 

[Incubae & Succubae are the demons of lust that were created in the first mating of Lilith with the humans after she divorced Adam and God created Eve for him and cursed Lilith to be the mother of demons. They are the only demons that consume lust energy instead of life energy from their victims which is unique because they are the only demon to give pleasure to their prey. Incubae & Succubae do not need food, only water and lust energy but if their energy becomes too depleted, they can become feral. Known cases of these demons going feral have often resulted in impromptu orgies that have led many honest children of The Lord into temptation and away from his light. When these demons go feral their natural pheromone abilities become amplified as well as their strength and endurance but their ability to reason drops in tandem to the other changes. Incubae and Succubae can only reproduce by changing others into demons like them. This can only be accomplished by a demon of ‘soldier’ rank or higher injecting a suitable host with their venom after draining them of all lust energy. These demons can be killed by normal means of violence, higher levels may gain regenerative abilities so they should be killed quickly before they can grow out of the ‘worm’ rank and into the ‘rodent’ stage where their powers become strong enough to enthrall others.]

 

            I froze as I read the section on Incubae & Succubae. The article was a bit short, but it was so jam packed with information that it was making my head spin. Not only was I a servant to a demoness but according to this I was actually becoming a demon myself. On top of that if I did not satiate my appetite every so often, I would become feral and be unable to control myself as I had expected. It also had information on how to kill me and advice to do so quickly before I became stronger. Wait! Hang on a second…

            ‘before they can grow out of the work rank and into the rodent stage’ is what it had said. I needed to find even more information now, but I was beginning to get the feeling that not only had I gained abilities as a demon, but I would be able to get stronger… Still not sold on whether this would be considered powers or a curse but since I can get stronger, I may as well find out how to do that so I can protect myself. I somehow doubted that the Catholic church still hunted down demons like they discussed in the book from the 16th century but it wouldn’t hurt to be protected against anything else that might come.

 

Author’s Note: Currently chapters of Becoming an Incubus will be released on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Read this and other works by me on my website. If you enjoy my work, consider becoming a patron. Join my discord channel.

 

4