Entry #1: Daxter
91 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the runes surround Daxters feet, he can't help but shout in joy.

"Huzzah! Life! And it's not even my own!"

Caution; Planck bending detected. Full energy production accessed for repair.

"Do not repair. Let whatever is happening, happen!"

...Aborting; Dimensional safety and stability protocols bypassed.

Caution; Unidentified breach of base physics detected.

As a wave of purple light washes over him, the runes grow brighter and brighter, expanding into a ring, and ripping apart the very fabric of reality around him. It seems as though all matter is melting through a hole. Though, Daxter knew his world would be safe. This strange, impossible magic was only affecting him.

Warning; Intention of magic detected is transportation. Location unknown. Recommend immediate full core energy dump to eradicate foreign presence.

"I'm sure this is safe. Once I'm on the other side, activate non-hostile personal safety protocols."

...

As the light finally fades, and reality rebuilds itself around him, he is greeted by a circle of robed figures forming a runic circle, in what appears to be a medieval castles courtyard. Daxter was only human in appearance, and did not need to worry about any personal harm.
He did, however, worry about harm coming to whatever life forms were summoning him. What kind of magic were they using to breach an entirely different plane of existence? This could be a breakthrough! A new height to reach! Excitement painted his face, but first...

"Oh brave hero! Will you-"

"Caution; Unidentified biological life forms detected. Acquiring local biological makeup... Pacification field adjusted for newly registered beings. Intentions unknown. Activating dimensional cybernetics anchor... Connection established. Dimensional coordinates Acquired. Protocol ending."

A strange blue light had covered the area around Daxter, as he spoke in a loud, robotic voice. Angel had then detected something even stranger than new life.

"Caution; Interference with soul confirmed. Tracing... Location found. Attempting full technological takeover... Failed.
Adjusting... Identified. Status system, applied to all local life forms. Potential soul harvesting detected. Applying acquired status system to sandbox soul... No damage detected. Allowing status system to graft upon host souls.
"

Daxter thought to himself. A status system was something he had played with before, in a dimension of his own making. To think others would employ the same idea! Albeit far less efficient, it was still interesting to think something natural had created this! How wonderful!
He gratefully accepted the status system being applied to his soul, and seemed to notice... fear, from somewhere far above.

Could it be the people in charge of this dimension? Would they be open to discussion on the efficiency of benign soul harvesting and recycling? The thought that he would finally talk with others like him and Angel was making him ecstatic! 

However, this was for later. Right now, he had to deal with the people who had summoned him. In a friendly way, preferably.
He looked in front of him, and spotted a girl on her knees, and trembling. It seems at some point during his personal safety protocols everyone around him had lost control of their legs...

"Ah. You poor things. I apologize. Dear, would you please disable the pacification field?"

'Of course.'

"Thank you."

As the strange blue light that had inflicted nearby beings with a crushing sense of calm and fear lifted itself from them, a few robed figures screamed and ran away.

"I'm very sorry about that. It appears your status system has grafted your language onto my soul, that makes things much easier. Would you kindly finish what you were saying before I so rudely interrupted you?"

"...Ah. O-oh brave... Hero..."

As the poor girl in front of him attempted to pull herself together again, He noticed a small puddle-

"Goodness. I am so very sorry. I will leave until you have composed yourself. Please accept this as an apology."

As he reached into the air, a plate with brownies and a scoop of vanilla ice cream had manifested on his hand. He placed it in front of the poor girl he had no doubt traumatized and activated his personal translocator. Blue circuits expanded into the air, pulsing with light and energy, and formed a door that he promptly walked through. It closed as soon as he fully went through, and the girl felt a sense of relief...

"O-oh gods... What have I summoned upon our world...?"

2