Entry #2: Lilia
81 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young woman was walking along a corridor, lined with sconces holding light blue crystals, and red banners along the walls. The brickwork was nothing to scoff at, considering it had been built by the finest mage masons in her kingdom, but it still left something to be desired... She just didn't quite know what it was.

She reaches for an ornate door, and steps into an audience chamber. A man sits on a golden throne with red cushions, sipping a chalice full of wine. This man was the king of her kingdom, the kingdom of Rettalia. His drinking was not for recreation, but to ease the stress of being attacked by the demon armies once again. They had barely managed to stave off an army to the west of their kingdom, only to be informed of attacks in the north not a few minutes before his daughter, Lilia, had walked into the chamber.

He had been conversing with his minister of defense, before he noticed his daughter and shooed him away.

"Father."

"Yes, dear?"

"I've gathered fifty summoners, and ten arch-mages. Is it time to commence the heroic ritual?"

"Of course. Waste no time, our northern borders are under siege, and I worry it may not hold for long."

"Yes, father."

"Do not forget to bring him to me, so we may speak. He will need to be informed of our situation, and must be willing to help. Please remember this time. We do not need a repeat of our last tragic failure, so keep white mages at the ready."

"I... I understand. I will be off."

She whipped around, leaving the audience chamber in a hurry, long white hair almost forgetting to move with her. Her father sighed as she left, and she worried for his health. He had been a stress eater for as long as she could remember, and now it had been especially bad. His hair had been falling out, and he had been packing on weight...

As for the last hero... The summoning went well, the purple chrysalis opened to reveal a pale man, wearing strange, masterfully crafted cotton clothing, with blue pants that seemed to be made of velvet. He had no light in his eyes, and as he looked around he simply stood up and stared at her.

After explaining their situation and allowing him to assess his status gifted to him by the gods, they gave him his own chambers to rest in before anything else. Their mistake was leaving him unattended, as the next day, they had opened his door to find that he had hung himself.
The princess wondered just how much would have to be done to a person to make them lose their will to live, let alone be willing to take their own life.

What kind of awful world was he summoned from, why he had no scars, but seemed to be broken beyond repair. Why did he choose now, to commit such an act? These were questions to put aside for now, and as she arrived at the castle courtyard she spoke.

"I assume everyone here has mana potions at the ready?"

"Yes ma'am." says an arch-mage by the name of Maglia. She had been assigned to gather and lead the most talented mages and summoners to their castle.

"Good. Start the ritual, and have white mages on standby. We can't risk losing another hero."

Everything was moving fast, and without errors. The summoning was going to complete without a hitch, she hoped. As the summoners and mages arranged themselves in a circle around the center of the courtyard, the chanting began. Runes lifted themselves from the ground, and Lilia made her way to the center of the circle, to greet the hero.

'You can do this, Lilia. "Welcome, brave hero! Will you please help us fight against the demon king, and save our world from evil?" Just don't stutter. Don't fumble your words.'

She thought to herself, rehearsing her small speech in her mind. She adjusted her hair, and brushed wrinkles out of her ornate, red dress.
The dark purple chrysalis formed in front of her, and she held her breath, hoping that the hero would be a strong one.

As the chrysalis opened, a man wearing a long, strange white jacket appeared inside. He had short, curly black hair... It was shiny, and well taken care of. She brushed aside her thoughts of his hair, and prepared to give her speech as the chrysalis fully removed itself from him.

"Oh brave hero! Will you-"

What happened next, she could not have expected in a million years. As he opened his eyes, the halo of an angel manifested above his head.
A metallic sound escaped his mouth, in a language she did not understand. Less than a second later, a crushing blue light washed over the courtyard and instilled a primal sense of fear inside of her. She could not even think of how scary it was, she could only feel. The most awful part of it was, no matter how much she wanted to run away, she felt calm. It was like being in the presence of a god.

Had she summoned a god, instead of a hero? 'Impossible!' She thought, as she fell to her knees. He... It had looked directly at her, and spoke in that terrible metal voice once again. Something warm had began to form underneath her... Ah.

He finally spoke in her native language, but she had been to frightened to understand. The next thing she knew, the blue light had lifted from the courtyard, and the arch mages had fled, screaming. 'What have we done?' She screamed in her mind. The being spoke again, as the sense of his god-like presence vanished, and he seemed like a normal human. The halo had still been above his head, however.

"I'm very sorry about that. It appears your status system has grafted your language onto my soul, that makes things much easier. Would you kindly finish what you were saying before I so rudely interrupted you?"

'Grafted...?' She was having trouble understanding him, but he had spoken in a clear, calming manner. Her brain finally caught up with what she had heard, and she attempted to speak...

"...Ah. O-oh brave... Hero..." She said, about to burst into tears. Something about what was happening was far to otherworldly for her, and it was too much. She had noticed what she was sitting in, and the tears started to leak.

"Goodness. I am so very sorry. I will leave until you have composed yourself. Please accept this as an apology." He said, reaching out into the air and grabbing a masterfully crafted ceramic plate from nothingness.

He then placed the plate in front of her, averting his eyes. She noticed the strange, brown bar on the plate, with a scoop of what seemed like frozen milk beside it, with a small, metal spoon stuck inside. Before she could even have her next thought, a sound like the world had cracked came from above her, and she looked towards the man once again. Otherworldly blue markings stained the world, in square patterns, ending with spheres. They crackled with power, as the man stepped through the large opening in the middle... and promptly vanished.

This was far too much. All this preparation, for the hero to just... leave?

The trembling would not stop.

"O-oh gods... What have I summoned upon our world...?"

hiya, im trying out this whole multiple pov thing, but it should mainly stay in daxters perspective, usually only switching when crazy stuff happens so you can read about what characters around him were feeling. actually, isnt that like the main point of multiple pov? eh, probably not but im just gonna think so for now.

1