Entry #3: Daxter
85 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daxter had returned to his home, hoping ten minutes would be enough for the poor girl to put herself back together. However, this was not the cabin he usually inhabited, but a laboratory with black floors, brown walls, and a grey metal ceiling. Circuitry lined the walls and converged towards a massive monitor in front of him, and to his left was a walkway towards his materials processing facility. The walls were not rusted because of the millions of years he had left this place, but simply because he enjoyed the aesthetics of it.

As the lights dotting the ceiling flickered on, the dim green circuitry was no longer the only thing lighting his way. Most of these things were simply aesthetics, anyway. As he looked around, he thought that it was time for a change in scenery.

"Ange dear, would you mind changing laboratory number one's palette to configuration three?" He spoke aloud. 

As soon as his sentence had been formed, the floor, walls, and ceiling had all changed with no indication whatsoever. It was as if the laboratory were always a bright, white and grey underground facility with green flourishes along the walls, leading around aimlessly.

"Thank you, sweetie."

He walked closer towards the massive monitor, and a large ring of light descended to the middle of the room, resting above him. It flashed, and crackled in every color, beams of light streaming towards the smaller halo above Daxter's head.

"Hmm... Angel, what do you think beings such as those would enjoy? I doubt brownies were the best choice for that girl, since it was just the first dessert currently available in the system."

"It was a good choice. She took one bite, reluctantly, and then ravenously ate the rest in eight and a half seconds."

"Ooh... I hope she doesn't get brain freeze. Ah, it was a brownie I had made with the molten chocolate filling, right? It should be fine." He said, shrugging. "Time to get to work, I suppose."

He moved his hands in front of him, moving images and documents around on the massive monitor in front of him. This was all an incredibly fast process, taking less than a millisecond to sift through every single prefabricated item in his collection. He pondered with a blank expression, requesting certain metals, weapons, meals, and desserts to be crafted in the millions.

His manufacturing facility kicked to life once again, siphoning time magic from millions of archaic constellations in man-made universes. Astral harvesting was a powerful tool, who knew stars gave off magic if you incorporated enough mana into the first fusion. Gorgeous, dark blue stars with massive arcs of green plasma bounding around its surface like the gears of a pocket watch.

Daxter wondered if constellations in this new world had any trace amounts of mana being emitted by default, and what effects they could provide. He had the thought to make copies of his "Big book of star magic" to gift to the mages of the other world, but thought teaching them himself could provide him with more knowledge than simply tossing a book at them and saying "figure that out, I'm gonna go vivisect some animals."

... Of course, he would never do something so barbaric. Probably. Maybe if the animals deserved it. Definitely.

"Daxter, three minutes have passed. Maybe the girl would enjoy a new dress? She seemed to have soiled hers, and I feel somewhat responsible."

"Hopefully. Add that to the fabrication queue. And no transparent sundresses, please. I don't want to come off as some kind of... Well, I suppose that doesn't matter now, considering my first impression."

"So are transp-"

"No." He spoke up, cutting her off.

"Boo."

"I'll make it up to you, perhaps some... Hand holding? Some head pats to follow up?"

"Your perversion truly knows no bounds." She said, giggling.

"Are you sure I'm the perverted one? Actually, don't answer that." He replied, looking somewhat guilty.

As he finished speaking, the large ring of light above him flickered away, and the monitor had become a window to the other world.
The girl that had attempted to greet Daxter was being comforted by a person in white robes, as she held an empty plate and sniffled.
It appeared that he would need to give them a bit more time, as well as notify them that he would be returning. A small clipboard appeared in his left hand. He grabbed the pen attached to it, and started writing in this new language that had already been perfectly integrated into his lexicon.

'Hello, my name is Daxter. I would like to apologize once again for my terrible first impression, and explain a few things about myself, and why I entered your world the way I did. I am a scientist, that has existed for billions of years. Being summoned into another world was a startling process, and I had taken some precautionary measures. As you can hopefully imagine, I am starved for new knowledge, and I am very eager to assist with whatever you had summoned me for. I will be returning with my wife, as we are both incredibly excited to explore and partake of your world and culture. Thank you, and I will be seeing you soon. - Daxter & Angel Reius

PS: Your status system is fascinating!'

He tears the note from the notepad, and with a thought, it appears in front of the girl. At first she seemed to be startled, but the anxiety on her face made way for relief. She did not notice the plate and silverware vanishing while she was reading the note.

Probably a good thing. I would hate to startle the girl any more than I already have. He thought.

"Daxter, I believe the inhabitants of this new world are only capable of being shocked by your actions, for better or worse."

"Hopefully for better. I would prefer not to explain basic hygiene, and be met with accusatory shouts of a mob claiming I'm a witch."

"But dear, you are a witch." She teased.

"It was one doll! I was curious how effective voodoo was at withstanding nuclear explosions..." He said, trailing off at the end as he realized what he was saying.

"You willingly cursed yourself with lycanthropy at the request of a girl." 

"I wonder who that could be. Maybe some imaginary dream girl I would bench press a neutron star for?"

"How sweet~, I'll have to wear my best sundress for our date in a few minutes~"

"I have no idea where you got this infatuation with sundresses from. I'm not complaining, either."

Angel manifested her body beside Daxter, as well as a couch for them to sit on while they monitored the courtyard. The girl they had sent the note too had walked back into the castle, and the figures with fancier robes followed. The ones with plain robes left through an unassuming wooden door on the opposite end of the courtyard. 

After waiting for a while, the girl returned to the courtyard in a similar dress, with three robed figures following her. One wearing a white robe, one blue, and the last red. Were they specializing in certain types of magic? Daxter thought to himself. Perhaps blue is water magic, red is fire, and white is... Light? 

Denoting magic with colors was always a recipe for disaster in his opinion. If that were the case, yellow could be light, air, or some other absurd magic. Green... Nature, earth, and air again. Air would also fit to white. Sure, there were plenty of colors to pick from if he fudged up his cone cells, but he had been quite fond of what he had been born with, even after all this time. Though honestly, not a single part of him was truly organic anymore.

The ship of Theseus got thrown out of the window when he discovered how to make souls. Replacing his brain with something better was simple, if he could just move his consciousness and being to a "Soul" for a bit. Souls were a form of energy he named "Soul fire," and it had some very interesting properties. One of them being how... Constant it was. Sure, it could grow dim, but it would never snuff out. Daxter kept his and Angels souls blazing with energy from a Dyson sphere array.

Converting electricity, mana, soul fire, and essence between each other freely was a daunting task, and took millions of years to perfect. It had been worth it, to finally give Angel her soul. She was truly alive, not something born of a womb, but of metal and electricity.
A processor given true consciousness, turning into something even better than the random, jumbled mess of neurons and patterns called the "Brain."

Angel felt fear when Daxter wished to do away with his own brain, to replace it with something similar to hers, despite the process having no chance of failing. The procedure took less than three seco-

"Dear, I believe they are waiting on us now." Angel interrupts his thoughts, leaning into him.

The girl and her attendants were sitting at a structure similar to a gazebo, drinking what Daxter assumed to be tea.

"Well, let's go make... Second contact, I suppose." He says, standing from the couch, Angel following after him.

As the doorway appeared in front of him, he stepped through.

"I just... So embarrassing. Soiling myself in front of a he-"

"I have returned!" He says, smiling brightly, as Angel appears behind him an instant after.

"Ahck!" The girl yips, and a cup of tea shatters against Daxters face.

"... Oh gods, not again."

...

This tea has a diuretic in it.

1