Entry #4: Daxter
92 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Um... You wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer, would you?" Asked the girl with a completely flushed face.

"Actually, I would mind."

"What-" Daxter had cut her off by raising his hand, with a frown on his face.

A dim green sphere formed within his palm, flickering and shrinking until it was no longer visible. The first nanite infection of a new world, and he had used it because he was impatient. The robed figures of importance around raised their hands towards him, palms outward and crackling with a miniscule amount of mana.

"I've released my nanites into your world, and I would rather not explain what that entails right now." He said, ignoring the robed figures. "I will tell you though, that they will eventually permeate everything, as to let me affect the world around me in various ways. Such as cleaning the diuretic you threw at my face."

The girl looked down guiltily, and noticed the tea staining the wooden floor had vanished, among other things...

"Now then," He said, putting his hands behind his back. "Would you please explain why you have summoned me? I believe we have both been waiting long enough." He asked, as his smile returned.

"Hmph. A peasant-" Said the man in red robes.

"Decius! Shush!" Demanded the princess. He had not been around for the pacification field to affect him, and he looked at Daxter with scorn.

Giggling could be heard behind Daxter, the source was a woman in a white sundress, and sun hat with a white bow. As the princess looked up, she saw her linking arms with her husband, and pushed the thoughts of disappointment aside. She stood to curtsy, and started speaking.

"Welcome, brave heroes! Won't you please help us fight against the demon lord, and thave our world from evil?" She looked at Daxter, cursing internally.

"Of course." He replied.

"Excellent! Would you care to sit, so we could discuss the matters of our world with you?"

Daxter nodded and moved to the table, pulled a chair out and let Angel sit in it, doing the same for himself beside her. He looked towards the broken shards of teacup where he had been standing, and they vanished. It then promptly appeared back on the table, completely repaired.

"To openly use unknown magic in front of the princess not once, but twice! Know your place, pea-" Exclaimed the man in red robes, as he raised his palms towards Daxter once again.

"I'm going to put a moratorium on that right now, as your behavior is incredibly inappropriate, Sir." Daxter said, snapping his fingers.

Decius knelt to the floor as a pale blue light washed over him. Daxter has expected for the others around him to be shocked, but they seemed much more relieved than he had expected. Like someone finally got their dog to stop yapping. 

"Please continue, I will save my questions for after your explanation."

"Ah! Introductions..." She says, adjusting herself. "My name is Lilia Retallia, seventh princess of Retallia. These three are here for my protection. They are Maglia; head of magic, Suedia; grand priest, and the one you have silenced is Decius; military advisor."

"Apologies, I was getting impatient with him." He added.

"No need to worry, he was like this with the previous three summons. I will now explain why we summon heroes from other worlds."

She holds out her hand, and Maglia hands her a roll of parchment.

"Here is a map of our world, and as you can see, things are... less than ideal." She says, unrolling the map on the table.

Retallia is located in the center of the map, and its borders have been marked smaller over time. The invading forces were that of the Demon Lord, the source of all evil, as she explained. Every one hundred years, a Demon Lord is summoned, and a hero must be summoned to deal with them. After the hero is victorious, they live in luxury for the rest of their lives, but the summoned hero is not always successful. They may summon multiple heroes per cycle, but the longer it takes for the hero to defeat the Demon lord, the more their borders shrink.

"You are our fourth attempt at summoning a hero. The last were failures, and I will openly admit, incredibly weak men. Unlike yourself." She said, as if she were proud of something.

"Now, for your status. Maglia, if you would?"

"Of course, Lilia." She bows towards the princess, and looks towards Daxter. "If you would, please say "Status" aloud, mister... Em..."

"Daxter, Daxter Reius. I didn't introduce myself because I assumed you had read the letter." He replied.

"Then, mister Reius, please tell us your status, so we can best decide how to train you."

"Status." He said, amused that they would attempt to train someone like him.

A small, cloudy panel appeared in front of him, as well as Angel.

Angel & Daxter Reius
Lv 1/99                                            XP 0/100
Strength: 5           BODY        Endurance: 5
Agility: 5                                     Fortitude: 5
Intelligence: 5      MIND             Wisdom: 5
Charisma: 5                              Willpower: 5
Luck: 5                  SOUL      Capacity: Error
Godnote: Please don't kill us, ageless two.

Interesting. The people in charge are scared of me? I'm no murderer. He thought. Daxter had always been adamant on his views of justice, however. Should beings commit atrocities such as... deleting data, or harming innocent test subjects for petty reasons like "Pleasure," he would terminate them.

Ah, I'm already getting back into the habit of calling sentient creatures test subjects. Oh well. He pushed aside his thoughts as Maglia placed a blue sphere in front of him.

"Would you mind showing us your status?" She asked, becoming increasingly curious of what a being such as him would be granted.

Daxter placed his hand on the sphere, as he assumed that would be the next step, and the cloudy panel appeared above it.

"... Ah. It's the bare minimum..." She said, disappointment washing her face, as well as Suedia's.

"Wait a moment. Are you two sharing a status?" Asked Lilia. "That is unheard of... Godnote?"

As everyone shifted their attention towards the bottom of their status page, they noticed another oddity.

"What is that strange character after your capacity? And what does that... Godnote, say?" Said the curious Maglia.

Angel spoke for the first time in this meeting. "It is an error. The grafting requested for various status to be measured beforehand, and our souls are connected to a limitless supply of soul fire. I suppose the reason for the error was that it could not add any more to our souls." She explained with a smirk. "What is interesting though, is how it's applying the rest of those status on top of what we already have."

"The luck will be the most useful of these. The rest, completely unnecessary." Daxter was showing less and less interest in the status system, as the tests on the sandbox soul had concluded as soon as they started. Kill monsters, grow stronger, unlock skills, etcetera.

"As you level up, your soul burns with more and more soul fire, and when you reach the end of your lifespan, it is harvested by your gods." He added. "I've done this before. It's inefficient, but one of the only methods of gathering soul fire before you can convert other kinds of energy to it."

Everyone but Angel and Decius stared at Daxter with their mouths agape, and the sky seemed to shudder. What had these heroes just revealed to them? 

hiya, there may be a few inconsistencies that ill have to fix later, cause right now my head is all over the place. ill make sure that whole soul fire thing is consistent with the previous chapters soon.

4