1 Redacted Splendor
2.4k 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Smash* *Smash* the commanders arm mercilessly went down in a savage motion, the nicely detailed frame engraved with the prestigious emblems of his duty was torn apart and broken into tiny pieces as the picture inside albeit a little crumpled was slowly retrieved from the broken glass and wood tenderly as if to preserve a once United pair.

The fair skinned and golden blonde haired girl donned her signature black hair braids drawing close to her face. The commander's tears beaded down onto the pristine photograph quickly muddling it into a wet mess.

"no warspite why?" His tears still tanking turned their attention to a new target, the comemorial small handgun gifted by the office of admiralty. Engraved with markings of resplendent features its brilliance was defined as being a showpiece instead of being functional.

The commander slowly picked up the small compact handgun and placed it on his forehead. As sweat beat down upon the small firearm. 

Small footsteps could be heard pounding down the hall incredibly fast. even though the door was earlier locked by him there was no doubt she would have any problem opening it by herself.

Ruthless knocking bore down from the other side as the voice placed its demand. "Commander open this door now!" The commander instead pressed the handgun to his head even harder trying to find the resolve to pull the trigger. 

"Why can't I do it damnit? Am I this useless that I can't even take my own life?" As he finished his train of thought the door burst open with a thunderous boom.

"I'm so sorry everyone I let you all down"Accompanying this the small trigger of the handgun was released back and instantaneously fired "Goodbye". 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The summer breeze danced through the small military window shifting the accompanying curtains to the left and right ultimately centering back into the middle. 

As cicadas purposely rung out in the still humid air of the summer day a certain girl was filing paperwork, rearranging the titles and checklist, proposing new solutions to long existing problems and solemnly looking out towards the hot summer day taking place only inches away from her. 

Placing a hand on the nearby tea cup, she deftly takes a sip before returning it to its rightful home breathing out a sigh of uninterest. "Commander this pile is almost done, I'm sure we can get through it all by late evening if we don't take any breaks'' 

the tall lengthy brown haired commander looked up into the girls eyes with a sense of boredom.

 "Yes that sounds right I wish they didn't pile on so many at once it's starting to make my brain explode" his short hair bobbed in the constant movement of checking the forms and organizing them in the right order. 

"Yes well you are the commander of this base after all isn't it natural to get swamped with work?"the small girl says out loud, breaking the commander's spirit even further.

 "Yes well I greatly appreciate your help in this matter um, lady warspite" the blonde haired girl temporarily set her documents down before looking up towards the messy-haired young man. 

"I already told you commander you can drop the formalities with me" drifting his eyes over towards the young girl his thoughts were filled with the introduction of their partnership. 

"Ahh commander your here, I'll let miss warspite know of your arrival" getting back to port later then expected a young general one degree below the commander spoke directing him towards a door. 

"Yes thank you, sir" the commander spoke up almost forgetting his formalities, stepping into the dimly lit room the Commander's dark brown eyes were filled with an eye catching sight. 

A girl who seemed to be no later than her teens was patiently waiting with a tea cup in one hand and a plate in the other. "I see your finally here commander, I'm so glad to meet you again" drifting, his mind settled on a odd sight right beside of the girl was a tall elegant red blade. 

The commander processing what she said later due to his interest in her blade produced a confused face. "Ahem, again? I'm sorry I don't follow what you mean" the girl seemingly expecting this returned with a delighted smile.

 "Yes,yes it's been a while we met when you were but a child" the commander choked out a laugh. 

"Ahh yes sure" not wanting to be rude in front of the current admirals in the room the commander humored the young girl. "When I was a child, was she nuts? 

I know we have some ships who are not stable mentally however I know warspite was not one of them" the commander silently thought.

As if antiquating the commanders response the young girl before him called warspite set her tea cup down and instinctively stood up as she did her small framed body became more apparent.

 "I am not surprised you do not remember me commander, it's been 22 years, yes?" "Warspite here will be personally helping you from now on commander, until her current commander returns from his commission transport" 

the admiral explained while handing the commander a stack of documents "you will need to of course sign the necessary documentation as she still is a machine of war after all"

 accepting the thick stack of papers from the officer he swiftly left leaving only the commander and warspite in the room. 

Warspite walking towards the commander until only their chest were inches apart breathed out causing the smell of the tea she was drinking to waft up into his nose "floral" he thought moving away from the young girl. 

"You truly think I'm young do you not?" The commander sheepishly averting his gaze finally caved in. "yes to me you look no older than a highschooler" 

Giving her body a glance over he focuses in on her chest "and your ches-" before the commander could finish the girls sword was pointed direct towards his throat " with cold eyes the girl angrily grunted "what about my chest?" 

Apologizing, the commander moved backwards from her begging forgiveness "even though she looks like a highschooler she has the power to kill me with just her pinky, ship girls definitely are scary"

 picking up her things the girl quickly made her way out the small naval office opening the door the girl looked back with an angry face" and I'm not a highschooler I'm over 40 years old!" 

With this the office doors clashed into one another echoing through the tiny naval base. Hanging his head the commander cursed his social ineptitude "why am I so bad with these situations?" 

24