2 Redacted Splendor II
1.6k 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness enveloped everything but the commander's body, running in a seamless direction caused his throat to fill with air and a small choked gasp to escape. Reason was not at the forefront of his mind right now, in this moment  he needed to run, run until he escaped it.

 Why? reaching his hand out toward the darkness caused a motionless figure with long hair to appear. Seeing this the commander ran faster and faster until his legs seemed to shred the fibers and muscle connecting them to his body.

 The faster he ran the further the figure floated away. Finally falling over as his legs gave out he started to sob puddling the dark floor with his tears. "Hey, hey now commander what are those tears for?"

 Looking up the commander was face to face with the figure. It's long silver hair stagnant against the black backdrop effortlessly bobbed at the movement of the figures gestures.

 It bent down placing its slender feminine hand on the commanders weeping face before lifting it up. 

Its light gray eyes gleamed into the commanders very being,taking its finger and wiping the tears from the commanders eyes, the figure slowly reached  its slender  hand out to the commander. 

Accepting the hand, the commander stood back up directing his attention to the distinct facial features before him. "Enterprise?" "Yes my commander i am here" "you're not going to leave again with him?

Speaking in a tone befitting that of a child the commander's tears slowly dried up as he moved closer to the figure stretching his arms out for a hug. 

"Enterprise, I'm so sor-" just then a large tan hand came out of the void cutting off the impending contact and positioned itself around the girls body as a mark of ownership. 

"Ehh, commander? I thought we went over this, Enterprise is not satisfied with you any more. She needs someone who can make her feel better in all aspects" 

saying this a warped tan head with blonde hair descended out of the void and positioned itself in the back of the girl. 

"It makes only sense after all, right enterprise?" As on que the silver haired girl embarrassingly looked up into the soul-ripped expressionless commander.

 "Ahh, this is how it is commander I'm sorry, I really enjoyed my time with you goodbye I hope everything goes well for you"

 shocked and deflated the commander could do nothing but watch as his reason for existing faded from view his sole warmth faded Into darkness once again.

 "Nooo! Please stop enterprise  come back I miss you!" Sobbing the commanders' attempts all ended in vain.

 A panel opened up into the floor signifying an ultimatum. Picking up the sword the commander took a short breath before plunging it into his abdomen. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waking up in a cold sweat the commander forcefully shoved his bedding aside to find the waiting heat sink. Picking up the sheet allowed the uniquely pungent scent to grow even Stronger.

 "Not again why cant I stop having that dream" getting up and staring at his analog clock defeated,he  balled up his sheets before tossing them  in the corner with the others. Dragging his wet and obedient body to the bathroom he looked in the mirror.

 "I was trying to get them to go away as well" tiredly stripping off his soiled pants and partially dry night wear the shower finally beckoned his name.

 “Maybe I can stay at the dorm today and call into the office of admiralty to report a flu” thinking that the commander focused the path of water on the now half dried accident.

 “Oh that's right she's helping me today as well and i have to unlock it for her'' letting out a huff of air the commander finished his washup before assembling into the rightful attire.

 “How many days was it again 6? 5? I can't remember what she told me” making something small to eat the commander loosely put on his near perfect military shoes and headed out the door ready to embrace the world.

 The first stop was of course to provide a check up to the office of admiralty of the war machine Warspite.

  “is this all?” the admiral said anger creeping into his tone” yes we just filled out paperwork so there really wasn't anything to report this time” defeated by the man's tone in front of him the commander cursed the war machine once more 

“why did I have to get stuck with such a burdence?” lost in thought the commander didn't realize the admiral had returned to his work in front of him.

 “I want something more evident then just filling paperwork you lazy good for nothing!  I want a full report by tomorrow morning understand?” “yes” the commander unenthusiastic spit out trying to hide his discontent.

  Leaving the office of admiralty the commander complained under his breath “why did she have to pick me to perform a combat report? There are far more capable commanders here than me. 

I purposely set myself up so that i would not be chosen for anything else but filing paperwork” yes the commander was annoyed that the war machine Warspite had chosen him to perform the combat report.

 “Why is it even called that? No combat takes place in my office anyways, i'm not even trusted to lead ships anymore after-” the commander cut himself off and switched to a new topic inside his head.

 “No use in bringing that up again unless i want to lay in my room again for an entire week” finishing his walk to a small naval office located as far away from the main office as possible the commander was met with a sight anybody would be begging to see.

 A girl with long blonde hair and black and white hair braids was patiently waiting for the door in front of her to be opened. It had the same atmosphere as a girl waiting for a date. 

Disgusted, the commander opened the door as the girl's  face showed a sign of happiness. “Commander being tardy is not a desirable trait you know” the girls words were playful but teasing.

 Cocking his head to the right the commander replied with a short “yes my bad” before turning his head towards the old pre-war office. “and i bet you're the type that sleeps with your commander every night, right you-”

 before he could finish his thoughts, something caught his eye. A huge stack of paperwork stretched over his desk.

 “My reprimand for being late i presume” the commander voiced out loud trying to catch sympathy. 

“Yes, well it is the commander's fault after all right?” being shot down, the commanders hate and disregard for the girl in front of him grew even more. 

Sitting down, the leather chair bent to the commander's body shape. 

"Well mind as well get to it then" picking up a stack of papers the commander eyed over them taking a deep breath before exhaling dramatically. 

"I see there all that kind of order and commission reports'' looking up the girl who was across the room was noticeably closer than before.

Gazing over the documents she let out a breath of air as well making its way to the commander.

 "She has to know what she's doing after all who does that?

 Maybe she is just a big flirt" eyeing warspite the commanders pupils hardened. 

"The type I hate the most by far, never loyal, always off with someone new, unfaithful to the very last fiber of their being ''

 looking back up the commander was face to face with the playful girls hair. 

Without realizing it the commander took in a deep lung full of the girls hair in front of him.

 "Flowers and tea? What an unusual smell". Looking up into the beaming girl's eyes she softened her lips "Disgusting" "ehh, what" "that was really creepy commander smelling a girls hair like that"

 blushing he looked back down to his work. "Yes uh sorry about that" he couldn't do anything but apologize.

 "Pathetic" he thought "I'm such a loser, I shouldn't have gotten out of my piss soaked bed today"

 giving up the commander defeated, started to work on his overabundance of reports and commission extractions.

 The girl done with her teasing sat down at the wooden desk next to the commanders. Hours passed and no words were passed as they slowly completed the numerous assignments. 

Huffing out a sigh of relief the commander piled up the completed work and tied them in a bundle.

 "finally completed! Thanks again Warspite" looking to where the girl was, arched the commanders back. 

Picking up the wooden frame tucked away behind the small military medals the girl stared at the photo causing the commander to freeze up "don't touch that!"

 Immediately getting up and practically running over to where Warspite was, he grabbed the frame before slamming it down instinctively not even taking a look.

 "That is enough for today Warspite I'm going home thanks again for your help" sounding distant the commander gathered his things and gave the bundled paperwork to Warspite

 "take this to the office of admiralty tell them your arrival is my report" the girl only gave the commander a dull look before giving a simple “ok" 

locking the door the commander turned around "I'm locking up so just close the door behind you" "yes, commander who was that girl? She looked awfully beautiful and you looked unusually   happy"

 "do not worry about it, it's just a picture from a time long past" saying this the commander could feel a tear being to leave his left eye so he made Warspite gather her things as well and pushed  her out the small office

 "goodnight Warspite I hope you see your commander soon" "wait commander are you ok? I hope i did bring up any old wounds"

 "this girl flirty one moment concerned the next just what game is she playing?" "Did you use to have a special relationship with her?" 

"Why is she pushing so hard on this? Just like when I first met her saying something about meeting when I was a kid, this girl is off her rocker!" 

"If commander doesn't want to talk about it I understand however it seemed like commander had a pained expression so I was curious"

 the commanders expression became rigid "curious? So the misfortune of others is something you like to just learn about and joke over?"

 Looking the girl directly in the eyes gave off a new feeling of guilt. With her head slightly bent down her eyes showed signs of someone who stepped on a landmine.

 "I'm sorry I was just trying to get to the bottom of things I guess that's just what I do" giving an apologetic expression Warspite quickly bolted down the narrow hallway and out of sight.

 "I wasn't being too unreasonable, right? What's mine is mine and if I don't want to talk about it I don't have to right? I know how that sounds though" 

giving up he rubbed his head before making sure the office was locked. Slipping the key into his pocket before making his way home.

18