3 Disproportionate Happenstance
1k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey to everyone who reads this, im sorry for not updating sooner life happened and i haven't been able to write lately. it was actually thanks to steelcloudz that i finished this chapter. i was reading his yandere story and he said something about writing a yandere story so that others would write more. i guess it made me feel guilty so heres another chapter,enjoy.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"A day out?" "Yes I've already talked to the admiralty about it so no need to worry" the commander scratched his chin. 

"How the hell did she get him to be ok with it?" With uneasy eyes the commander unmoving sat and stared. "I just told him that getting out would be good for you and your work ethic"

 the commander winced, even when she is saying something nice it still bites. "Yes but why me? 

Doesn't your commander get back in a couple days? Wouldn't you want to go with him instead?" 

The young petite blonde haired girl broke into a smirk. "Commander I think you're assuming something about me and my commander's relationship" 

the commander unmoving prompted another response from her. 

"There's nothing going on there, he has a crush on me but that's all, I feel strictly a work related affection towards him and that's it" it still bugged him why then? He's not special in fact he's very far from it. 

He knew it better than anyone there was no self confidence and then there's being worthless, commander, he was the latter, "what is her game?" He thought, eyeing up the young girl.

 Ever since she has gotten here she has been overly affectionate and It was starting to make him grow more suspicious for each passing day.

"warspite what's the end goal here? I know you're not doing this for my sake or out of kindness, what do you want?" 

The short girls blonde locks bobbed effortlessly as she moved her head back and forth. "Honestly commander, are you always this cynical? 

It's really not attractive you know" finally caving in the commander begrudgingly picked up his coat before heading out the door with the young girl.

 Arriving at a small vendor outside the office, the commander looked around taking in a deep breath. 

"Wow I didn't realize this place had so many popular little shops scattered around" approaching the booth the old man running it grunted before giving a wave to the sign next to him. 

Pre-prepared meat was dangling on a large wooden rod slowly turning and dripping. "Which is it then?" 

The man says growing more impatient as the time ticks down. "Umm that one?" With a questioning tone the commander pointed out the big hunks of meat on another wooden rod.

 The old man only moves his cheek to signify his response and hovels over to the rotisserie. “1000 yen!" Caught off guard by this the commander's mind became jumbled "1000!? It's just a piece of meat!"

 the old man's beady eyes became inhumanely narrowed aiming at the young man in front of him. "Here" a ginger hand came into view giving up the absorbent 1000 yen. "What  kind of a man are you laddie? 

Making your girlfriend pay"  handing over the huge chunk of meat the old man angrily waved his fists.

 "now get out of the way your in front of me customers!" Getting out of the line caused another escaping sigh to be heard. "Wow I really am pathetic huh?" 

The commander defeated let another sigh go, all my earnings goes right back into that dorm I stay in. I barely save enough to get food sometimes, especially after they docked my pay so much. Warspite ignoring the commander's pity party, leaned over and took a mouthful of the mystery meat in his hand.

 "That old man has an attitude but he cooks some amazing meat!" The commander groaned even more. "Commander if you mope  around all your life how are you supposed to enjoy it?" 

It was a simple question one could probably come up with a retort on the spot however this time the commander only stopped and looked the fair-haired girl in the eyes. 

Two beautiful amethyst's bored through the commanders look of complacency. "Fine I guess it would be nice to get out once in a while" this time a sigh came from his left. 

"Oh my, commander, you have a cute girl next to you and you're still the same depressed person I met from day one" she stopped before looking down towards their feet. 

"Honestly commander just let go and have fun for once is that so hard?" A hardened expression pressed into his face as a bitter memory resurfaced. 

"Really commander you have a cute girl next to you. Why are you still pouting" balling his fists the commander looked away angrily before reverting to the same slumped posture he was known for.

 "Yeah your right let's go, what places do you know around here?" Warspite looking like she seen a shooting star jumped excitedly

 "yeah! There's some cool places around here…." Pointing towards a couple different vendors and tourists attractions near the dock there eventful day vacation began. 

The first stop was another food cart, again the commander was payed  for by the young girl. 

This time the vendor was younger and seemed to be pretty skilled at his job as the two kebabs were delivered to them fairly quickly and they were gone in minutes.

 "Wow your right the way he glazes and caramelizes the vegetables make them as good as the meat!" The next attraction was a memorial museum dedicated to the many casualties caused by the war.

 "Commander what do we have to do get a peaceful world, how many more need to be lost?" The commander tracing his eyes to the lost ship section he closed his lips inward before looking away and responding "a world without war is it really possible? I mean after all when somebody wants something they take it.

 Rather there are casualties or not whether somebody else gets brought into it" finally making their way back to the start of there adventure they take a breather before continuing. “Hey warspite, are you thirsty? Want me to go get us some drinks?”

 the girl just looked at the young man trying to impress her and pulled out some money. Picking up on this immediately he quickly made his way towards the drink concession stand. 

“Don't worry about it you have been paying for things all day, food, admission fees, let me act like a man for once!’

 the commander did not want to admit but he was enjoying himself. It had been so long since he actively going out and spending time with someone he forgot how much fun it had been. 

He spent so many years in that stuffy congested office he forgot how clean the  air was taking in the fresh air only made his unintentional smile bigger.

 Finally, Paying for the foreign looking drinks he made his way back over to his work skipping accomplice.

 Laying his eyes on her caused a familiar sensation to resurface as three new figures were hanging over trying to capture her attention, 

one was grabbing the sleeve of her uniform while the other two were whispering something into her ear. 

The smile which seemed to have grown like a strong oak weaving and waving to the wind, had now been uprooted and burned casting the ashes back into the turbulent air. 

Losing his composure the commander accidentally dropped one of the drinks making a loud *klinking* sound as the three looked up at him with tired and annoyed eyes. “What the hell is it kid?”

 The one which was grabbing  warspites' sleeves let go looking with  mean and intimidating eyes. “The fuck do you want you little shit?” his angry face turns into a mockingly mischievous smile “oh was this girl here your friend?” as he stops, his friends continue for him. 

“Sorry kid but she's too fine to pass up tell you how about we have some fun with her for a night and then we give her back to you, sound good?” 

the commander's face scrunched up into something distinctly different from the lazy and incompetent man that usually fit onto his face. 

With a gleam he targeted the tanned blonde haired thugs. Any normal man would have been shaken from his stare however they only laughed like it was a joke. 

“Damn Reji the kid looks like he's gonna blow! Maybe we should send him a video of her debut at our brothel”

 as one finishes the other picks up the conversation for him. “Sounds good Maro” glancing back over to the girl beside him he licks his lips.

 “After of course we have our fill first” the man named Maro looked over towards me. “Of course you can get the sloppy seconds in our brothel when you save up enough” 

His disgusting heckling made the commander clench his fist before releasing the pressure putting his hands into a flat ready to use position.

 “Hey Rej he seems ready to blow” “commander“ the first words spoken by the young girl had a sense of worry in them. 

“You don't have to do that” she said as she tried to continue.  the man presumably Reji stepped up to warpsite before placing his hands on her small bulges groping and pulling on the tips. Surprised by this action even his friends looked on in disbelief.

 “Such a prime looking young girl here with another loser, don't you know i could do more than satisfy you sweetheart?” the commander slowly walked up to the pair until he was just a few paces away. 

Quickly raising his hands before throwing  a quick punch to Rejis head. Inner turmoil covered the commander's face as  Reji instinctively caught the punch before turning to look at the commander with a condescending smirk.

 “Dumb kid do you really think this is my first petty sucker-punch fight?” Reji started to crush the commander's hand as a dominant power play before landing a punch on the commander's head as well, or at least tried too. 

The commander as if on intuition blocked the punch and landed a reflective punch right to the gut of the large man before him. 

Reji caught off guard from this, wiped his smug grin off and replaced it with a look of annoyance. “Ok hot shot lets see if you can take this then” looking back towards the other ones seemed to affirm  what the commander thought has became apparent.

 Reji seemed to be the main culprit with the scavengers behind him. Turning his attention back to the overly large man in front of him gave little time to just be able to dodge a quick jab to the chin and redirect towards the man again aiming him to punch his gut a second time. 

This time Reji was furious, running full throttle at the commander plunging  forward with a fake punch and then lacing the real one at the back of the commander's head.

 This time the commander wasn't able to dodge it and landed back onto the port cemented dock. Reji spit on him before giving a winner high like one liner.

 “Pffft, obviously you've never been in a real fight before you Bruce Lee wannabe” 

as reji picked his foot up to stomp the commander, a hand was flown out catching the leg before it hit the commander's stomach causing momentary confusion. The leg was then twisted forcefully before a signature *popping sound could be heard.

 As Reji dropped to the floor the commander started to kick the shit out of him. As the man before him started to whimper like a lost child a pool of red started to leak out his side.

 After many more kicks the commander didn't stop not giving relenting repeatedly beating into the man's side.

 “You won't take HER from me ever again! I WILL KILL YOU!'' The commander's face was replaced with that of a desperate victim trying to survive. Finally after the pool started to get larger and larger the man's friends came over to try and stop the commander. 

Putting all of their strength into trying to pull the commander away still was not enough until a hand was replaced inside the commanders. 

Finally the commander's leg slowed down until it didn't move at all. Looking down his near mint condition military boots were now stained with blood.

 The fair haired maiden who was relatively quiet up until now was trying to pull the commander away from the situation as his friends started to bawl and cry out for help as Rejis deep crimson lake became bigger and bigger. 

The commander thought he could see a reddish light pink substance poking through his shirt before being pulled away however he wasn't sure. 

Making their way to a relatively vacant part of the dock the commander finally unloaded, “I umm…  when everything happened with him I took up learning a martial art and was pretty good at it so i could protect her. 

 however as you saw I got kicked out because I would go off on the instructors like that all the time, which of course didn't help my reputation” finishing he looked at the overly quiet girl staring at him with widened eyes.

 “Commander I never seen a part of you that wasn't gentle even when we were kids' 

' he looked straight into her eyes annoyed when his serious explanation was carted by another playful  remake about knowing him when he was a kid. Singing he placed his hand on his bruised nape. “You must surely know abou-”

 “Commander i was well informed, i understand the how and why of it all i just hope you understand if that man dies or suffers anything serious your going to jail commander” 

the commander just looked on with puppy dog eyes 

“but” he tried to make a retort however she was right this world wasn't so kind, especially so to him.

 “I doubt he will press anything if he lives however if he dies commander ill try and help you since it was my fault your heroics happened”

 looking up into the orange glazed sky she continued “he never was going to get very far anyway commander didn't you realize all i had to do was scream and a passerby would help out? 

I mean after all they were just thugs and not the minister. The only way I would've been in danger is if I willingly left with them.”  “warspite im sor-” the commander began to apologize before he was cut off.

 “It's fine. I requested the day off for you so you could take a breather experience and fall in love with life again after being holed up in that office for so long” as they both settled down and started walking again the sky cast an glow around them.

 "it's been a while since I've seen something like this" the commander mumbled out, stopping for a moment.

 The girl besides him picking up on the attention shift pointed towards the sky "hey commander do you see those two stars right there? 

There the twin stars" The commander not saying a word sat down on a bench nearby as warspite continued. 

"They say they were once a couple who had everything going for them but then an romeo juliet situation happened and the girl killed her lover to be with him for the rest of eternity!" 

The commander shuddered" don't you think that's sweet?" 

Warspite done with explanation sat down beside the commander "it's like no matter where you go I'll be right by your side"

 "why bring that up?" The commander interrupted with an annoyed tone. The girl simply closed here eyes and looked at the commander.

 "Hey commander, there's a reason I chose to help you with your work" the commander recovered from the unusually dark star gazing huffed out his signature puff of air and raised his head. 

"I figured as much however I have no worthy possessions most of the valuable stuff that I use belong to the office admiralty and to be honest I don't have much wealth either so extortion is out of the question but well you could ask fo-" the commander was cut off as the girls voice rang out angrily.

 "Why do you think I'm trying to get one over on you!? I don't understand I try to be nice and I try to be friendly and you repeatedly make me out to be this plastic whore!" The commander leaned away from the girl,

 her eyes which usually were a subtle shade of pink encompassing everything in a warm aura. Now were hard and darkened. 

The girl realizing what she was doing softened her expression. " oh ummm….. I'm sorry commander I just uhh…. Hey let's go check out that vendor over there!" 

Warspite tried to get the outing back on track however the commander was still distancing himself away from the girl. 

The sun shined down into a bronze speck "well actually I think I'm going to just go home and work on some documenta-" the girl's happy expression instantly melted.

 "I see I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you commander please don't avoid me from now on commander please it would really disheartened me"

 going along with everything the girl had said the commander simply nodded his head to get out from her sight as fast as he could. "

 ahh yes have a nice day lady warspite, and thanks for the day out it was… fun" the commander accidentally slipped back into formalities.

 The girl didn't say anything except a simple departing "yeah…" before the commander went his separate way towards his naval dorm.

 Closing the heavy iron infused door made it commence a loud "thump" the commander more tired than expected peeled off his clothes before falling flat on his bed.

 "Why was she acting so out of character? None of the things she said and done were what she would usually do. The commander raised his eyebrows. 

"What am I talking about? Didn't I just meet her a little while ago? If anything this might be how she truly is" the evening out still rang inside his head.

 "Why did she bring that weird supposed legend about the stars? Wasn't that out of the blue?" The more the commander thought about it the less sense it all made.

 "Why can't anything ever be simple? Why couldn't of she just tease me like before and call it a day?" 

the events that transpired were all jumbled and swelling in his head before slamming back into his consciousness with new possibilities.

 Not even fighting it  his eyelids grew heavier as each passing thought presented itself and got on its way.

 “Why do you want to get involved with someone as far gone as me warspite? What do you truly want? Why aren't you leaving like the others?”

 

17