Chapter 12
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you trust him?" Fujimoto asked.

"We are going to market and rob a merchant." Shinji spoke plan of his own, "Then we will give the money to him."

Fujimoto nod in acceptance.

"And then Fujimoto, we will have Chosokabe's address."

"Or Tetsu's consideration, at least." said Fujimoto.

With heart filled with hope and mug yet to be filled by wealth, the two cut-throats walked into the busy market.

Day time in Pryeg market was light years different from what it was at night.

Night was when rich men visited market while day was for the under-privileged ones. This was why they struggled to find someone who looked wealthy.  Street was filled with beggars and thin old men pushing fruit carts which weighed thrice of them.

Almost an hour later, they found a middle aged man who appeared to be rich. Fragrance was coming from his clothes and the Arabic hat which was on his head denoted nothing other than high class.

Shinji had never seen anyone of middle class family with such hat.

"Keep a track on him." Shinji told Fujimoto when the merchant walked past them.

Fujimoto and Shinji got in the mix of crowd. The street was so crowded it looked everyone was following someone who walked in front of them. The casualness served them fortune.

Merchant hadn’t spotted anything suspicious.

"When do we rob him?" Fujimoto was running out of patience.

Shinji was worried about it as well.

"We have to take some chance." He answered.

They followed the merchant by coming closer to him. None of them cared how apparent the stalking would be for the wealthy middle aged man.

Fortune was in their favor because merchant didn’t notice them. People dressed in rags were not something a wealthy sight can give any significance to. Rich man then walked on stairs to get inside a house.

Shinji watched the house from down the stairs.

"This must be his house." Fujimoto said by looking at the well maintained house.

Then they stepped inside after pushing the door.

Inside they saw men on seats drinking wine and smoking hookah. Some were counting their coins on table. Not so well dressed cut-throats got noticed by eyes of the rich.

"Your deposit?" a man collecting coins waved at a rich man on table.

"We are in a bank." Fujimoto whispered in Shinji's ear.

Fujimoto caught hilt of a knife on his waist.  A guard standing beside them looked at them with suspicion when he noticed Fujimoto's hand movement.

"What are you looking at?" Fujimoto said.

All of a sudden, he pulled the dagger out and hit on guard's temple with its hilt. Other guard wasn’t so lucky. He met its pointy end.

The merchants began wrapping their coins inside the table clothes instead of running for their lives.

Fujimoto threw his dagger a guard who was looking to get in. Dagger flew and jammed straight on his forehead. 

As the guard fell, he took down others along with him. Shinji caught a pouch full of coins without wasting any time and went for the laces.

Gold glowed on his pupils after loosening the laces of pouch.

Fujimoto, now, was picking up fallen coins meanwhile.

"Leave!" Shinji yelled and ran out.

Fujimoto controlled his urge to get rich and stepped out to the stairs.

Shinji stabbed the stumbling guards on stairs. They had not even reached the bottom of stairs when twenty guards charged from the side of street. This time, they were twice the size of them.

One's sword was taller than Fujimoto himself.

With intent of no further killing, the two cut-throats looked to flee. Hitting the busy street, they shoved everyone on their way.

Little did they know doing so was also making way for the guards following them.

0