Chapter 15
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About five hours later, Shinji had dug the tunnel well long.

As for Fujimoto, he found guards trying to scare him laughable. He was hearing other prisoners crying and yelling for mercy but Fujimoto was an exception.

He was bullying other captives in absence of the guards.

"I have heard they nail tongues of whining prisoners before burning them alive." Fujimoto laughed.

"Fujimoto. Enough. Not everyone is as lucky as you here." Shinji's voice reached his ear from the tunnel.

"I need to keep myself occupied." Fujimoto said inside the tunnel.

Covered in tar like mud, Shinji came out of the tunnel.

"How far are you in?" Fujimoto asked Shinji when he resurfaced to take some rest.

"Pretty far." Shinji breathed, "This castle was not built to be a prison. All the thought went on making walls strong. I knew this shovel would work."

Shinji then went back to the tunnel.

Fujimoto heard tramp of guards when Shinji was deep in. He somehow rushed to the door, managing to stand in front of food serving shaft before he could trigger suspicion.

"Where is your fellow?" Guard asked.

"He is sleeping." Fujimoto answered.

"Wake him up. I want to have some conversation with him."

"H-he i-is umm…"

"Tell him to come here or I will get in." Guard raised his voice.

"THIS MAN WAS CALLING YOU A DICKHEAD!" another prisoner screamed from the other cell.

"AND WAS CALLING YOUR MOTHER A WHORE!" this time it was a different voice.

Don’t avenge like this. Fujimoto got worried.

"Do you cunts think you can get away from swearing at me like this?" Guard spun back to the cells.

He unlocked the doors, and began beating the consciousness out of those captives.

"Shinji!" Fujimoto called inside the tunnel, "Get back here."

Shinji ran quick to make it there. By the time guard was done with beatdown, Shinji was standing where Fujimoto was.

"You were calling me, ser?" Shinji said when the guard came back to his door.

"I think I have seen you before." Guard said.

"I used to stay in Pryeg." Shinji mumbled.

"You are hired killer."

"The court will decide what I am."

Guard scoffed and went away.

"Why did you take so much time?" Fujimoto pushed Shinji, "Didn’t you hear the guard was calling you?"

Touching Shinji got his hands dirty.

"I was digging the opening of tunnel when the guard was beating captives." Shinji answered.

"Did you?" Fujimoto's eyes widened.

"Yes, I have completed the tunnel." Shinji said, putting the shovel back inside his shoe.

Fujimoto got inside the tunnel and looked at Shinji, "Hop in, Shinji."

"Keep hopping within." Shinji said, "I have a sword to find."

"Don’t be stupid. There is no way you can get the sword without sinking deeper in this legal mess." Fujimoto paused, "Okay, let's go out together for now and we will come back to this place some day to get your sword."

"I won't go." Shinji stood on his ground.

"Don’t make me feel like you are doing favor to me."

"I am not doing any favor to you. I landed you here so I am correcting my mistake." Shinji spoke softly, "Now go before anyone comes here."

Fujimoto was hesitant to go alone but he had nothing to say which could convince Shinji.

"Take care." Fujimoto said and disappeared inside the tunnel.

Fujimoto began walking inside the muddy tunnel. He feared the walls would collapse on him because of the leaking tunnel. By the time he had made it out, he was covered in black mud and was stinking like a pig.

To his fortune, it was dark already so he got to walk in street unnoticed.

Fujimoto looked no different than a lunatic with filth on him. Even he couldn’t stand the smell so he went to the dragon taps and began to bath there till he was clean.

Sky had turned starry.

0