Chapter 20
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinji got the assumption correct as well but kept his tongue tied.

"Whatever." Housekeeper shifted the conversation, "If you want to live here then don’t make noise."

"We don’t want to stay here." Fujimoto got pumped, "Is there any way we can take to get out from here?"

"Yes you can. From the door where you came in. But the dog you just saw is the pain in ass. If we go near the door then the dog, no matter where he is, will sense it and bark. Papa Monster will wake up by the barking of his pet and we will get killed."

"Isn't there any other way?" 

"This house has no windows so, I guess no."

"What if we kill Papa Monster?" Shinji whispered.

"You can't." Housekeeper grinned.

"Don’t doubt my valiance."

"You two pissed your pants by seeing Mother Cyclo. That clearly gives an idea how valiant you are."

"I used to be a cut-throat. Don’t underestimate me. I have fought battles in past-"

"So you got your sword from battle?" Fujimoto added a question.

"No." Shinji turned at him.

"See, Papa Monster is not a subject of irony." Housekeeper explained.

"Then let me see the seriousness he has got." Shinji sniffed.

Housekeeper remained silent for a while but spoke, "To kill Papa Monster, you will have to find him first."

"In which room does he sleep?"

"I don’t know. Haven’t ever seen him. But we can try following his breath."

They heard deep breathing sound which sometimes turned into whistling.

"Is this his sound?"

"No monster here can be loud as him." Said Housekeeper.

Shinji nod and the three of them set off for their quest.

The house which seemed tiny from outside turned out to be endless from inside. Walking for hours was not becoming fruitful. Sound they were after seemed to be coming from everywhere. But no matter wherever they went, there was a common factor – glowing cracks on the walls.

"How many monsters are here?" asked Shinji.

"Father, mother, son and daughter. Not counting pests." Housekeeper answered, "Tetsu didn’t even miss the fact that the family owns a dog." 

Soon they reached to the point where it was impossible to tell if breathing was coming from behind or back.

A cat lay on the floor which rested immovable.

Fujimoto knelt to touch its back.

"Is this alive?" Fujimoto said, stirring it, "It is not breathing."

"Don’t touch it. It is a man-hunter cat." Housekeeper pulled Fujimoto.

"It must not be alive. Look at it."

"This cat has been learning to hold its breath for a while. Don’t know what shenanigan it has in its mind."

Housekeeper hopped over him and both of them did the same.

"How can the cat be a man-eater?" Fujimoto questioned as they got away from it.

"Let's not talk about it. Just think, if it would try to eat us, we will sense it." 

After killing their curiosity with unanswered question, the three of them ventured for their mission, leading them to a place which perhaps was the warmest place in the entire house.

"Papa Monster would love to sleep in place like this." Shinji sensed the warmth to be positive.

Shinji's shoe fell apart. The sole which he had used to escape from castle had separated from upper part of his shoe. He then began fixing his shoe while Housekeeper and Fujimoto were making their way deep inside the passage.

Shinji saw them disappear in darkness quicker than they usually did.

Warmth. Shinji got alarmed.

Wind hit his face like someone was breathing.

He got shaken when he saw a long strand of thick hair reaching near him. Those strands of hair moved along with the wave of foul air.

Whiskers! Shinji's eyes rolled up to the ceiling and saw two canines on top of passage.

0