Chapter 7 – Fateful encounter
428 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuki was troubled. Ever since the prisoner 'interrogation' she has been craving more of the emotions that felt so good. At first she attempted to use magic on herself. It didn’t work. So, she searched for an alternative. She would leave the mansion at night and go to faraway parts of the continent and use wildlife to satiate her hunger. The rational part of her recognized that she was experiencing a form of addiction. She couldn’t feel emotions for herself so she would take it from others. Of course she knew it was inefficient, illogical and downright self-destructive. But some part of her she didn’t know existed wouldn’t let her stop. 

Yuuki didn’t have much control while delirious with emotions, so the best she could do was try to lower the strength of the emotions she made her victims feel. This had two effects:
One: The target would survive for longer because their nervous system wasn’t fried as quickly.
Two: She would have more and more control over herself due to not being flooded as with emotions.

Eventually, after almost a month, she managed to gain enough self control that she wouldn’t cause damage to her targets regardless of how much time she connected with them for. Her next goal was to practice a less destructive ‘way of entry’. In order to connect to another beings emotions, you must first get through its defenses. Yuuki’s current method was breaking it down with brute force. After a few more days of trial and error, she managed to create a new one. It had five steps: approach slowly, lower its defenses slightly with very subtle magic, offer it food, pet it and the last one was just connecting. It worked remarkably well and left no trace, much less irreparable damage. She continued her 'spree', being gone for hours at a time from the mansion. She didn't have to worry about being caught however.

Helen was still away and would not return for another 3 months due to an important project she was invited into. Yuuki’s father, Jack, had to leave for the capital and would not return for at least a month as well. It seemed that things would not change for a while.

 

--

 

During one of her outings she heard a loud yell. She wasn’t too bothered by it but the bird that was on her hand flew away in fear. Yuuki frowned a bit before her emotions were once more gone and decided to locate the source. She was told her objective was to minimise deaths, so she ran to the scene.

She saw a small wolf-kin girl in ragged clothes on a low branch of a tree. The girl had a large basket full of different berries next to her and was currently trying to fend off a bear with a branch while yelling at it. The bear, of course, didn’t care for the hits, the fact that the girl was on a tree or that she was yelling.

Yuuki dropped her invisibility, casually grabbed one of the bear’s legs and yanked it down from the tree. The bear got up to face its assailant before running away for seemingly no reason. Yuuki was about to just go back home but she sensed the young girl drop down from the tree and jump toward her. Not particularly worried about an attack from a child, Yuuki lazily turned around only to have her legs hugged by the small figure.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.” The girl just kept saying ‘thank you’ until her breath ran out while hugging Yuuki’s legs.

To say Yuuki did not expect this to happen would be an understatement. She expected the girl to be terrified of her, or would at the very least fear her more than a bear. Not only was she not scared, the girl was crying tears of joy currently.

“You’re welcome.” Yuuki saw no further use in remaining here, so she wanted to go back home. But she had an idea. “Do you have a family?”

The small girl looked up at Yuuki confused before shaking her head.

“Do you have somewhere to live?”

She shook her head again.

“What do you eat?” Yuuki knew wolf-kin were strictly carnivorous, and the girl didn’t seem like the most ferocious hunter.

“I give berries to get food.”

Yuuki looked up at the basket which levitated down from the tree into her hand.

“Do you wish to come with me instead? I can provide you with food and a place to live.”

The small girl’s eyes were so wide they looked like plates. “A-Are you a goddess?”

“No.” Yuuki’s reply didn’t seem to convince the girl, but it didn’t matter much. “Is there anyone you wish to say goodbye to?”

The small girl’s response was just hugging Yuuki’s legs even tighter than before.

“I’ll take that as a no. What is your name?”

“Alice.” She muttered.

“Nice to meet you Alice. My name is Yuuki.” She then reached down and lifted Alice up with her empty hand. Not only was she two years younger, Alice was also malnourished, so she was quite a bit smaller than Yuuki. “Close your eyes.” Alice did as she was told and felt nauseous for a bit before it all went back to normal. “You can open them now.”

When Alice opened her eyes, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. instead of the forest, she was in a large room, full of things she didn’t know existed. Or at least not in such sizes. The bed, the furniture, the mirrors, the lamp, they were all much larger than anything she had seen before.

Yuuki put down both the basket and Alice on the soft carpet. “Come with me.” She said and led Alice into another room, not quite as big, this time full of things she had never seen in any sizes. Yuuki simply extended her hand and a ball of water began to grow before falling into a wide hole.

“What is that?” Alice asked with excitement.

“It is called a bath. Take off your clothes and get in it.”

Alice took off her clothes without any resistance, due to not having a real upbringing, she only wore clothes because she felt cold otherwise and felt no shame from being exposed. Yuuki wasn’t bothered by it either because she was Yuuki. When Alice had to get into the bath however, she just put her leg in it before pulling away.

“It’s weird.” She complained.

“It is necessary. With a lack of hygiene you are more exposed to different diseases.” Alice blinked a few times in response. “If you don’t get in you might feel bad later.”

“But it’s scary!”

Yuuki weighed her options a bit before simply phasing through her clothes, letting them fall on the floor. “If you are in danger I will protect you, alright?” She then picked Alice up and stepped into the bath. At first Alice was desperately clutching her, clearly scared but managed to calm down after around a minute, still refusing to let go of Yuuki. After some convincing and tutoring, Alice was happily swimming around the large bath, playing in the water. Yuuki continued to explain how everything in the room worked so Alice could bathe alone as well. She didn’t seem like she would be particularly willing, but at least now she had the ability to do so.

After getting out of the bath, all the water in it, and on their bodies just disappeared, leaving them completely dry. After they walked back into the bedroom, Yuuki put on her normal clothes and gave Alice a pijama to fit her. It was a bit wide, but Alice had never worn such soft clothes before, so she was grateful for them.

Yuuki sat down on the side of her bed and motioned Alice to sit down next to her by tapping the bed. Alice did not understand the gesture, but knew that she was expected to do something so she just sat down in Yuuki’s lap, looking and met her poker-face with a large smile.

“What is your opinion of me?” Yuuki asked, undisturbed.

Alice hesitated for a bit, confused as to why she was asked that, but replied wholeheartedly nonetheless. “You are like super nice and strong and pretty and uh...” She then realized that she didn’t know Yuuki for more than an hour, so she didn’t actually know that much about her savior.

“Do you trust me?”

Alice became even more confused. “Yes! You saved me! You gave me clothes, you’re so nice, and you smell really good!” She said enthusiastically.

For Yuuki, that was all she needed to hear to do what she has been preparing for. She hugged Alice tightly before connecting to her emotions.

Prepare for fluff and make it double. Cute wolf girl: get.

22