Chapter 26
349 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuki walked up to the secretary, who stood up and bowed.

“How may I help, High Priestess?”

“Is the principal busy?”

“Never too busy for you, High Priestess.” She bowed once more and opened the door for Yuuki.

As Yuuki walked in, the old man stood up and bowed. Before he could say anything however, he was told the reason for the visit. “I would like to request a formal duel.”

“M-May I ask why?” He asked, completely terrified.

“There is an old, but still official rule that if a student defeats the principal in formal combat, that student will be granted their diploma. Should you refuse the challenge, that will also count as your loss and will be much faster.” She said impassively.

“I surrender.” He didn’t even look embarrassed, he knew he would lose.

“Understood. I will vacate the premises by tomorrow morning.” She said as she turned around and left.

She walked all the way back to her room, which she entered by opening the door. She noticed the card game that was currently being played on the floor and decided to ignore it, instead walking over to her bed.

“Don’t you still have classes?” Alice asked.

“Not anymore, I graduated. Now, I’m going to sleep. Wake me up by tomorrow morning please.” Her clothes changed to her pajamas and she buried her head in a pillow.

“Hold on, that needs an explanation!” Alice yelled at the fox-kin that was acting stranger and stranger by the minute.

“I challenged the principal, he refused, which means I technically won, so, because of some old and stupid rule that they forgot to make unofficial, I count as having completed my education.” Yuuki turned her head sideways so she could be heard, before turning back and trying to fall asleep.

“But why are you trying to sleep? Are you not feeling well?” She was concerned. So concerned that she didn’t realize that Cassandra and Igraine used this opportunity to shuffle the deck.

“I have too many thoughts, so my head hurts.”

The wolf-kin girl walked over to Yuuki and hugged her gently. “Procrastinating won’t do you any good. That’s what you taught me.” She spoke slowly and gently, as if speaking with a child.

Yuuki turned her head to face Alice. “I taught you that to make you more useful. I taught you how to kill, I taught you not to hesitate.” Her voice was filled with regret. “I almost made you into what I am.”

Alice hugged her close before whispering. “What you were.”

Igraine and Cassandra did not fully understand what was happening, but they could understand the large emotions at play. Yuuki did not close her eyes or cry, she just stared with a blank expression.

“What will you do now?” Alice asked, still not letting Yuuki go.

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

Alice thought for a few seconds. “Hmmm… I want to go to a beach with lots of Sun, swim, dance, listen to music, eat spicy things and drink molten chocolate.”

Yuuki let out a chuckle as she heard this. She did not know why, but the whole notion seemed so… simple. Not world peace, not power, nothing complicated and hard to get.

“So, it’s settled?”

“Sure, a vacation sounds nice.” She smiled, she smiled for real as she anticipated spending time happily with Alice, undisturbed by anything else.

Igraine let out a cough to remind them that there were other people in the room as well.

“Don’t worry, you’re coming along.” Yuuki said, as magic began emanating from her body.

Before anyone could say anything, the world around them shifted and they found themselves in the middle of a forest road. To the right was lush greenery that couldn’t be seen though. To their right was a wide river, and a hill covered by plantlife beyond that. Behind them were more hills, likewise green. In front of them was a large city on a beach, full of flat-roofed, three storey houses. Yuuki and Alice were wearing short pants, loose t-shirts, sandals and a straw hat each.

“We need more appropriate clothing.” Yuuki said as she began walking toward the city.

“Hey, at least give us time to pack!” Igraine complained.

“I put everything in storage. Although, neither of you had a whole lot to pack.”

“I… didn’t bring money to buy clothes...” Cassandra said shyly.

“It’s fine. I can conjure gold out of thin air, so as long as it’s not enough to affect the market price, we’ll be fine.”

After such a ridiculous statement was said so casually, the reactions were as follows. Alice, used to such insanity and worse, was unaffected. Igraine gasped a bit before going green with envy. Cassandra just stared blankly as if she needed to reboot.

Eventually, they made their way to the city. It was incredibly lax, there weren’t any guards, there wasn’t even a wall. The people there were wearing brightly colored clothes, and were speaking with each other loudly.

 

--

 

After Arthur’s classes were over, he decided to go and check Yuuki’s room. He found it completely empty, except for a single letter on the bed.

We’re going on vacation. I finished my education, so don’t expect to see me on campus again. I also quit being a spy, so you’re on your own. Good luck.

“what“

 

Sorry about the short chapter, I'm tired and experienced my first writer's block... not fun. Next time, prepare for the beach epi- mini arc. Beach mini arc.

21