Chapter 35
279 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuki opened the door to her father’s office, and everyone turned to look at her immediately.

“You said I didn’t need to knock.”

Jack blinked a few times before answering. “Where were you?” Any semblance of a professional attitude suddenly disappeared. “No, nevermind that. Are you alright?”

“I’m doing better than I was before. I don’t know if you were told yet, but I graduated from school already, and am now taking a vacation.”

Her father raised one eyebrow, a bit confused. “Right. Oh, by the way, you’re honorably discharged from duty. Just wanted to get that out of the way.” Yuuki’s eyes widened in surprise, which in turn, surprised him. “You're a high priestess. You alone have more authority than our country. It would make no sense for you to follow orders from anyone aside from Mystra. Also, you probably shouldn’t favor any one country too much, people don’t really like it.”

“I see.” She said, as she destroyed the letter of resignation from her personal pocket universe. Amanda and Helen were looking between the two kitsune in a confused manner. “Do you wish to join me on vacation?”

“While I would like to, I’m not on paid leave currently. I also have to make arrangements for your birthday party that will come soon. I trust you’ll attend?”

“Of course. I have nothing against my family, I simply don’t want to kill and manipulate people anymore.” Her tone was flat, but there was something more… alive about her appearance than before.

Jack smiled warmly and nodded. She looked at the maid and the researcher. “You two should take some time off and relax, prepare your things that she will teleport with you. We’ll chat for a bit longer.”

The two very confused women left the room without having said a word.

Yuuki began walking toward her father, who stood up and likewise approached. The two of them hugged tightly for almost a minute wordlessly before the silence was broken.

“I’m very proud of you for having gotten so far already. I… wish I could’ve done more.” He said, with a bittersweet smile

“You couldn’t have. I looked at you as my boss.” She smiled and squeezed her, slightly taller, father.

“What kinds of flowers are these?” He asked as he glanced at the two flowers still in Yuuki’s hair.

“They’re not real. Or… it’s hard to explain accurately.” 

“And if accuracy isn’t a problem?” He asked with a sly smile.

“I was happy, so I subconsciously molded reality to become a more ‘happy’ scenery, with flowers on the ground. These flowers didn’t exist anywhere aside from my imagination until a few hours ago. They don’t have a metabolism, nor are they alive. They simply look the part. They’re made of… and there comes the hard part. It’s not mass, or energy, and despite being able to interact with reality, they aren’t part of it. The language lacks the proper words for me to explain it well.” She gave the explanation, while her father looked, slightly regretting having asked. Even the flowers she made defied common sense. “Do you think I should give some to the attendees?”

“Definitely. They’re beautiful, and if I understood what you said, they won’t wither.” Yuuki nodded. “I would like to talk to you a bit more often now that you are more open, so whenever you have the time, my door is always open for you.” He smiled warmly once more, and she reciprocated, even if more faintly.

“Sure thing, dad.” There was a knock on the door as Amanda and Helen were standing there, ready with their packs. “See you soon.” She warped herself along with the two new members of the vacation group to Rose’s bedroom. A room, which currently functioned as one big bed.

Amanda looked around carefully, and noticed that her luggage was gone, most likely in her lady’s storage. Helen didn’t really bother to wait for an explanation, she dove right for Yuuki’s tail, hugging it tightly. “I missed you.” She pouted.

Alice looked at the scene with a smug smile. “Yeah, that’s Helen. She’s a vampire who’s thousands of years old, and also lead researcher in the Federation.”

“Is it fine for you to tell us that?” Igraine asked, shocked by both the subject’s demeanor and looks.

“You’re all part of some church here, and as such, a neutral party.” Yuuki said as she sat down on the ground, guiding Helen’s head into her lap.

“Good morning. My name is Amanda. Pleasure to meet you all.” The maid said respectfully.

“Hi. I’m Igraine.” 

“C-cassandra.”

“Eh? Vampire?” Rose was slightly behind in the conversation.

“Oh right. And I’m a kitsune, should probably have mentioned that sooner. She’s Rose by the way.”

“Understood. Pleasure to meet you Rose-by-the-way.” She teased lightly, as the shopkeeper pouted. Yuuki however held all the cards as she phased a second tail that she began dangling in front of Amanda. Her aura of decorum crumbled as she kneeled down and began hugging it as if it were a large pillow. Yuuki phased another tail just to serve as a blanket for the maid.

“So, what are our plans for the day?” Alice addressed the entire group.

“Lazing around, leaning back, sleeping, disrupted by the occasional napping.” Igraine answered as she got herself a pillow and sprawled out on the floor.

“She has a point. I think it’s best if we rest for the day. Maybe we can go see the beach before dusk, but for now, rest.” Rose agreed.

Cassandra, without saying anything scooted closer, seeing if she could also grab a tail to rest on, and she was given one. Rose, too shy to join, got back in her corner and attempted to go back to sleep.

“How many?” Yuuki asked Alice, who lied down on her back, head facing toward Yuuki.

“Five, please.” She said, with a big smile. It awarded her with a confused look and a mountain of fluff she was buried under. “So soft.” Came the happy, albeit muffled sound.

18