Chapter 39
292 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Did you actually rewrite the past?” Igraine asked the moment they got out of the building.

“Yes. The timeline will correct itself though. I placed wards on all of them and you, so you’ll remember what happened during the modification, but strictly speaking, it didn’t happen. Or, soon enough, it will stop having had happened.” Yuuki answered. “The meadery won’t be missing anything and they won’t remember us.”

“So I will retroactively not have been drunk? You should do this more often.”

“That’s not how it works.“ Yuuki said, shaking her head.

“She was joking.” Alice whispered to her.

“I see.”

The group got to their new residence, the Sun already below the horizon. Igraine and Rose fell asleep the moment they faceplanted into the mattress in their spot. Cassandra, Helen and Amanda changed their clothes to pajamas before choosing a spot to rest. Alice and Yuuki simply changed their clothes using magic and fell asleep in the corner, cuddling. If anyone in the room was particularly observant and not asleep, they would have noticed that life quite literally left both of their bodies.

 

--

 

“You’re Mystra?” Alice asked the figure, slightly disappointed.

“Hello to you too.” The goddess said, clearly hurt.

“This is weird. Are souls usually so… smoky?” Alice asked, looking at herself and at what had an aura like Yuuki. The grey gas giant was about a hundred times Alice’s height and was also grey compared to Alice’s almost completely white.

“Well, normally souls would need possibly hundreds of similar lifetimes to begin developing what they ‘look’ like. Until then, they are… smoky. And usually they aren't couscious to view themselves in soul form.” Mystra explained, her emotions very quickly changing to a ‘happy to explain things’ one.

“I assume it will take less time for me?” Yuuki asked, while raising a hand under Alice for her to sit on.

“I said normally, why did you think that applied to you? First of all, you need to choose what you wish to look like exactly.”

Yuuki looked at Alice, who was sitting in her hand, asking for help.

“If you want me to help, can’t you compress yourselves down to normal size? Would make things easier.”

“Don’t think you’re ‘normal’ size. You may be normal compared to Yuuki, but you’re still an offender to common sense.”

“Says a goddess.” Alice said, crossing her arms.

Mystra looked around awkwardly before shrinking down to the same size as Alice and Yuuki did the same.

“Alright, do you have anything in mind?” Yuuki shook her head. “Alright, let’s start with what your body looks like then.” A lookalike of the kitsune body was created in the void, but it was no more than an illusion. It was wearing the same pajama and also had the two flowers in her hair that Alice put there. “Do you like the tail, the ears?”

“They are comfortable.”

“That they are. Alright so they stay. How about something… colorful. Change the tips of some of your hair to what the flower’s color.” Without a word, the body in front of them changed.

Mystra was looking over their shoulders with interest.

“Maybe make it blend in a bit more… yeah, that’s good. Maybe a bit of redness on the cheeks to give it some life… oooh, eyeshadow! Nothing too drastic… black, but not too thick, just barely visible… good.” Alice continued instructing Yuuki, as her already beautiful body was turned downright otherworldly.

“Hmmmm… more tails!” Alice exclaimed after she was satisfied with the rest.

“How many?” Yuuki asked, her attention on the body that would soon be her own.

“What’s the max you’re willing to have?”

“I can simply phase them into each other, it doesn’t matter.”

“Why not nine?” Mystra interjected. “Bit of a tribute.” She smiled at the two gaseous beings.

“Sure, that’s plenty enough.” Alice beamed.

“Alright, what’s the next step?” Yuuki asked, looking at the goddess.

“Now, you just have to believe that it’s you. That look has to be what you imagine when you think of yourself. Simple as that.”

“That’s it?”

“Yep, good luck!”

After saying that, as if she couldn’t wait to get out of the insanity, Mystra disappeared, leaving the two souls and a single illusion in the void.

Yuuki floated motionless for a few moments as her body began to take shape. It soon looked exactly like the illusion, as it was dispelled.

“That was easy enough.”

“I have a feeling Mystra was right.” Alice would’ve had an awkward face if she had one currently. ‘Maybe we are a bit absurd.’

“Do you also want to choose a look?”

“Hmm? Oh, sure. Any preferences?”

“Whatever you feel most comfortable with.”

Alice concentrated as her body began to change. Her facial features were similar to Yuuki’s, but different enough to tell easily. Her black hair became more immaterial-ish, almost like thick opaque smoke drifting down, ever moving. She also grew two additional tails which were also smoke-like.

“What do you think?” She spun around to show her new looks off, which was unnecessary, but she enjoyed the movement.

“It fits you.”

The two smiled at each other happily before Yuuki put her hand out. “We should go back now.”

The two of them went back to their bodies, each of them beginning to change as their souls entered. Being mostly made of magic, it lasted only a few minutes. Not that anyone was there to watch, they were all asleep.

 

--

 

The Sun’s rays gently peeked through the window and warmed up Igraine’s outstretched hand. She was completely sober without a hangover, so she decided to look around. Everyone was where they were when falling asleep, nothing had really changed. Except for the fact that Yuuki had a mountain of fluff behind her. And was glowing. And Alice had hair made of smoke. And was also glowing.

“What now?” She groaned as she buried her face in her pillow.

19