Chapter 42
311 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yuuki?”

“Yes?”

“We’re spending too much time sleeping, I think.”

Alice observed quietly as they were currently relaxing on a sofa in the main shop area with Rose sitting in Yuuki’s lap. Yuuki was also still in the bedroom twice, also relaxing.

“We don’t exactly have other things to do.”

“I know that the point of this vacation was to not do much, but I feel like we overdid the amount of nothing we did.” Alice said thoughtfully.

“So… should we go to the beach?”

“Maybe. I was also thinking that we could go and have a drink without discussing business. Listen to music, dance, laugh, that sort of thing.”

Yuuki smiled. “You’re not old enough to drink.”

“And you’re too old to dance.” Alice replied with a smirk.

The kitsune gave no response other than a mysterious smile. There was some noise as Rose woke up, stretching while rubbing her eyes. She looked around lazily only to realize she was still sitting in Yuuki’s lap. She blushed red as a tomato as she scrambled to stand up and wordessly left for the bathroom.

“She likes you~.”

“Yes, it must be my incredible social skills at work.” Yuuki faked an incredibly posh accent. Alice burst out laughing so loudly it woke everyone up in the other room.

“The joke wasn’t even that funny, I just really didn’t expect you to make one.” She said, still laughing as she was talking.

“What’s the time?” Igraine yelled out from the other room, not even noticing that one of the Yuukis was currently brushing her hair.

“It’s just about time to get up.” Yuuki whispered in her ear, which caused her to jolt.

“Don’t… actually, never mind that. Please wake me up like that every time.” She said with eyes wide in surprise that she actually said that.

“Why?” The confused fox asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Because your voice is soft, smooth, sweet, soothing, to the point where it honestly feels like nectar being gently dripped in my ears.” Igraine said with a straight face.

In the other room Yuuki looked at Alice. “Igraine just flirted with me.”

“Yeah, I heard it.” Alice answered nonchalantly.

“What. Do. I. Do?”

“Excellent question. I’m not sure. From what it seems, Rose is mainly attracted to your body while also enjoying your company, and it’s more of a crush than love. I doubt she even acknowledges her own feelings though. Igraine cares for you more deeply and also craves being cared for whether she knows it or not… I wasn’t even sure she’d make a move in… well, ever. Question is: who do you want to be with more?”

“I have no idea, that’s why I asked you.”

“Just pick. It may not be perfect, it may not work at all, and even if it does, it may not last forever, but you should at least try.”

“Sure.” Yuuki in the other room replied to Igraine almost instantly from Igraine’s perspective. The reason behind that was quite simple: Igraine wasn’t a transdimensional entity that could freely traverse and alter time.

Helen let out a loud groan as she slowly got up. Amanda did the same, only with more elegance. Cassandra didn’t really want to get up, but she did anyway.

“Where are we going?” The vampire asked groggily.

“Drinking, dancing and listening to music. I’ve already picked a spot.” Came the answer as the two Yuukis disappeared as if desynchronizing from reality.

After getting ready, they all left to go to a restaurant. Yuuki and Alice restrained themselves and were back in the forms they were seen in before. The restaurant itself was large and maintained a mix of elegance and simplicity. It was primarily attended by people too poor to go to the places belonging to high circles, so they instead came here, sometimes even attending in beachwear as a form of satire. The group, dressed casually and did not stand out despite the fact that the butlers were all very sharply dressed. A small band played some upbeat music as their orders were brought before them.

“This is nice.” Amanda said, enjoying the atmosphere. The others agreed. Not wanting to cause a scene, Alice and Yuuki ate only as much as the others. The food was delicious and they ate a full course dinner there. Helen got into a small argument with Amanda over which dessert was the best, but they settled down as the tables were moved aside and the dancefloor was prepared.

The casual music made this place the closest thing to a disco this world had to offer. Some people danced without a care in the world while others stood on the sidelines. Even Cassandra was having fun letting loose a bit, and she was certainly… enthusiastic. Amanda was dancing with grace, Helen with minimal movements, Rose with surprising elegance and Alice, who was simply vibing. Igraine was drinking copious amounts of alcohol while Yuuki stood still, observing the place from the sidelines with a smile. After the music shifted to something more suitable for waltzing, the dance floor shifted to give room for the pairs of people who entered in their place. As the rest of their group approached, Igraine took one more sip as she walked over to Yuuki and bowed, extending her hand.

“Care for a dance, Milady?” She did her best noble impression.

Yuuki stood frozen until Alice came to the rescue with a whisper. “Seduction mode, engage.”

Sure enough, Yuuki’s smile shifted to a playful one as she took Igraine’s hand and began dragging her by it to the dancefloor. “I hope you can lead, reaching all the way to my shoulders might be uncomfortable for you.” She said while walking. Her voice was bouncing, practically.

Igraine had the fiercest blush of her life so far, but she managed to stutter out: “Y-yes.”

They got in position, faced each other and waited for the music to get to the dance part.

They began dancing, and while Igraine did mess up a number of times, Yuuki acted as if she hadn’t even noticed it, never taking her eyes off her dance partner, who got more and more flustered as time went on. As the music ended, they stopped, Yuuki reclining in the arms of the much smaller woman. Igraine was about to help her back up, but froze when a kiss landed on her cheek. She was practically delirious as she was led back to their group by Yuuki.

“How many people have you seduced like that?” Alice asked curiously as she looked at Igraine’s state amused.

“If by ‘like that’, you mean by dancing, twelve. Thirteen now I guess.” Yuuki said, back to her normal demeanor.

Igraine took a few moments to process it before she had a face that said: “I don’t blame ‘em”.

“It usually ended with me killing them, but I’m kind of done with that, so… yeah, that’s as far as I know what to do.”

“Strong start at least.” Alice joked as the other members of the group looked a bit worried for Igraine, who looked about to faint.

 

It's still technically Friday for me... for another 10 minutes. I'mma sleep now. Potato away!

 

Ps: no chapters next week in case you missed the previous announcement of this.

Pps: I also added Girl's love subplot, because it's girl's love, and it will be a subplot.

17