Chapter 45
243 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I will give you written reports on your progress. Go and get yourselves fixed up.” Yuuki said lightly massaging her wrist more out of habit than any pain or discomfort. The five other people in the large room were on the floor. They had no wounds and they had all the stamina they could want, but their minds were tired. After having combat drilled into them for eight hours straight, it was no real wonder.

Many of them wanted to ask ‘Go where?’, but a light rose up from the floor and engulfed them. When they opened their eyes once more, they were on a lush green field with a single mansion, only, something seemed off. In every direction, the greenery was cut off and ended into nothing. Helen was the first to get up, so she walked closer only to find that what they were standing on was a floating island above the vast ocean. “Ho. Lee. Shi-”

“I already placed all your belongings inside the mansion. Well, except for Amanda and Helen, because that would be theft.” Yuuki said, waiting around if there were any questions.

“Hmm? Why?” Amanda asked, confused.

“Because you’re not part of the church so you’re not under my jurisdiction. I put the things you brought for vacation in rooms though.”

“Wait, so we went through that training even though we didn’t actually need to? We could’ve just said no?” Amanda was angry and annoyed, but mainly tired.

“Correct.” The beginning of a coy smile was seen on Yuuki’s face as she looked at her maid. “Well, you won’t be allowed to touch my tail anymore if you don’t take part in the training.”

“That’s blackmail.” Amanda said, pouting.

“Not really. It’s just payment in exchange for work. Not doing something will result in getting nothing. Quite normal, I’m afraid… stop pouting. I won’t change my mind even if you look at me with those puppy dog eyes.” She turned her gaze and looked at the other people on the ground. “What do I do? Am I a bad person for not complying?” She has manipulated people to do what she wanted before, but back then, she didn’t have much regard for people’s emotions. And ever since she did care, she hasn’t manipulated anyone into doing something, intentionally at least.

“This is what happens when you spoil people. Alice is an exception.” Igraine said, failing to hide her amusement.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“There is no objective answer~” Alice sang as she appeared behind Yuuki and pet her tails a bit.

Yuuki frowned a bit, as her mood changed her surroundings. The grass around her began drying and turning yellow while the wind picked up and grew colder, clouds began forming in the sky. She let out a deep sigh as the changes were reversed and everything went back to normal.

“You may stay, and touch my tails, but I would still prefer if you trained. I’m teaching you all so you can better protect yourselves.” She said, accepting the new reality that not everything may go as she had planned.

“Aww, you’re worried about us?” Amanda asked with a smile.

“Would I have anything else to worry about?” The vixen asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I mean, I guess not…”

“There is a pool?” An excited Helen asked from the other side of the building.

“Yes, feel free to use it. That’s the same for the rest of you. You may use this place as you see fit, just don’t throw yourself from the ledge, swimming back to the mainland would be quite the chore.” Yuuki said dismissively as she made her way to the mansion, a smiling Alice following her.

 

--

 

A tired Igraine lobbed herself on the bed face first after having taken a shower. She simply chose one of the many identical rooms from the building and made it her own.

“I’ve noticed you move like you have back pains, but there’s no physical problem, so it’s a mental thing. I did some research to find how I could help, so… would you like a massage?” Yuuki asked, standing in the door.

“You didn’t knock.” Igraine mumbled out through the pillow.

“You left the door open.” Came a monotone reply.

The human sat up on the bed to face her guest… or her host? Doesn’t matter. “Since when do you know how to massage?”

“Fifteen seconds ago.” Another monotone reply.

“And I thought I left everything for the last second in school, wow. Did you do assignments while the teacher was collecting them?” Igraine asked coyly.

“No. You didn’t answer my question. Again.”

Instead of answering, Igraine buried her face in her pillow once more.

“You’ve never had a massage before, have you?” Yuuki asked with some amusement, this time not needing an answer as she could see Igraine’s ears redden ever so slightly. “Oh well, this will do. Now, stay still and enjoy.”

Yuuki walked up to the bed and used her magic to change the mattress to prop up Igraine’s head and feet. She then phased her hands through Igraine’s clothes and applied the massage as such. Instead of using oil, she used simple magic to invigorate the cells and enhance blood flow. Also, normally people would use their body weight to put strength into it, but that was really not necessary in this case.

After eight minutes, she stopped and stepped back. “Alright, stand up please.”

“I really don’t wanna.” Igraine replied, far too comfortable lying down.

“Alright, it can wait. Anything you’d like?” Yuuki asked and got a look accompanying a strange smile that she couldn’t quite read. “Am I too overbearing? Should I take more distance?”

“Honestly? We’re spending a lot more time together than would be normal considering we just started, but we don’t have jobs really so we don’t have much else to do. Also, you’re really soft and warm and fluffy, and to be frank, I’d be willing to sit in your lap until the end of the world, so I have no complaints. I just thought about how much I love it when you spoil me.”

Instead of answering, Yuuki stood speechless and with a slight blush.

“Oho? So compliments are your weakness, that’s good.” Her voice was playful until it softened and turned warm. She decided to stand up, ignoring what she had said before. “After all, there’s much to compliment.” Walking up to the vixen, she hugged her tightly, knowing she could put all her strength into it and not hurt her. She was not at all surprised when she was gently picked up and placed in bed, being cuddled by the large frame and its many tails. After getting cozy, she heard Yuuki’s voice. She did not speak, but instead sang. The lyrics were in a language she didn’t understand, and yet she could feel the meaning. It was gentle love turned into song. Igraine did not stay awake for long after that, but even in her dreams, she felt safe and happy.

 

I'm getting really sidetracked, I just enjoy writing this floof too much. The chapters from here on will begin moving some semblance of plot forward though, and as such will begin having more time jumps. Not in the time travel sense, probably. That's all, Potato out.

17