Chapter 64
222 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning sunlight was gently shining through the curtains, which caused Igraine to shift slightly. She could’ve moved a lot, she was in Yuuki’s warm embrace. Not that she wanted to move a lot. It was so warm and soft that she could not think of a better place to be if there even was one.

“Good morning.” Yuuki greeted her with a gentle whisper.

“Mhm.” Igraine just smiled and snuggled even closer.

Yuuki thought about suggesting breakfast but realized that she did not want to move either. So, with a smile on her face, she stayed silent and continued the hug that’s been in progress for eight hours by then. It, in fact, continued for another two hours and it could’ve lasted even longer if Igraine’s stomach hadn’t started rumbling.

“I’ll make some scrambled eggs.” Yuuki said but did not move one bit. After a few minutes, the door opened and let in a floating plate of scrambled eggs and a glass of water, which settled on the nightstand.

“I don’t want to get up.” Igraine complained.

“Do you want me to feed you?” The vixen asked without a hint of it being a joke.

“As much as I’d enjoy that, maybe another time.” Came the answer.

“If you say so.” After a kiss, Yuuki helped Igraine sit upright and hugged her while eating as she’s done many times before. But she could feel that this time was different. She did know why it was different, but that didn’t matter.

Once Igraine was done with breakfast she lay back in bed. Yuuki’s tails acted as blankets for Igraine, while Yuuki herself did not need a blanket to be comfortable. Just someone to hug.

“Can we stay like this for the rest of the day?” Igraine asked with a pleading tone.

“Yes. Well, I do have some errands to run, but I’ll stay here as well while doing those.”

“Thank you.”

Yuuki did have quite a few things planned for the day. Properly open up the Church of Mystra, begin negotiations with Estervale and the Federation to lay the foundation for the schools that would be built soon, and continue to experiment with magic. She was doing these tasks more out of necessity rather than because she wanted to do any of it, so it felt nice that she could be hugging her girlfriend while dealing with all that.

“Of course. Would you like me to sing?”

Her reply was a kiss on the lips she took as a firm ‘yes’.

 

--

 

In a large council chamber many representatives shifted uncomfortably in their seats. There were vampires, werewolves, garrut, liches, and even some dragons. And yet, the strangest person in the room, by a longshot, was the guest. A nine tailed kitsune comfortably reclined in her chair, with a carefree smile on her face.

One of the representatives spoke up. “While this deal would be very beneficial to us, I fail to see how it would benefit your church.”

“My goal is to spread knowledge. And this country is one of the most advanced and, as such, most prepared for said knowledge. It’s that simple.” Yuuki replied with a smile that seemed to illuminate the entire chamber.

“That is very generous of you. You are truly-” The vampire wanted to continue but was cut short by the high priestess’ raised hand.

“While I would be thankful for compliments, I would like you to realize that I’m a kitsune. You don’t trust me, and I can feel it. Empty words are best left unsaid.” She said as she got up from her seat. A written contract appeared on the large, round desk. “There is no deadline, but I would appreciate a quick answer. I’ll take my leave now.” Disappearing into nothing, the representatives were left speechless.

 

--

 

The negotiations in the Federation were tiring, but at least it was quick. They did not want to waste her time they did not ask for every little detail. The ones in Estervale were so much worse. Of course, they started out much more scared. Then, once they noticed that she was being nice to them, they became opportunistic. Yuuki was smiling, but internally, she just wanted to leave. She was currently listening to one merchant explain in detail how he’d be willing to supply ‘quality’ food for the cafeteria for a hefty sum. This was after a previous rant by the minister of magic about how she would have to share the magic knowledge she’d be teaching or researching with the state. Or about how the government would get a veto on who gets to attend the school or teach there.

Her smile faded as she let out a tired sigh. The light in the room dimmed as the air grew colder. “That’s enough out of you. All of you.” Her voice echoed through the room and shook it despite the quiet tone. “You do realize you hold no leverage, right? I could confiscate the plot of land, ignore any laws, import the food from anywhere in the world, and you could do nothing. Or I can very simply not establish a school at all. Or I could level the country and build over the ruins. The possibilities are endless.” Everyone in the room tried to make themselves as small as possible to escape her gaze. “These negotiations are over.” She disappeared and the room slowly returned to normal, albeit filled with terrified people.

 

--

 

“Is everything alright?” Igraine asked after Yuuki let out a growl.

“Some people are being very annoying right now…” Yuuki turned to smile at her partner.

“Punch them.” Came the simple solution.

“I am engaging in diplomatic talks with leaders of a country as a representative of Mystra.”

“You think Mystra wouldn’t punch them?” Igraine raised an eyebrow while smirking.

“I don’t think she’d punch anyone. She’d just make a bored face and leave.”

“What about Alice?”

“She’d intimidate them into silence and dictate the terms of the deal.”

“Sounds efficient.”

“I don’t want to scare them into a deal. I don’t want to scare them at all… I may want to scare them a bit”

“Oh, wow, you must be very annoyed. How does it feel?” Igraine was genuinely surprised, but also amused.

“Annoying.” After a bit of silence, she frowned. “I scared them. It felt nice. It shouldn’t have felt nice.”

Igraine chuckled before landing a kiss. “Don’t worry about it too much. This doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, it just means you aren’t a saint.”

Yuuki smiled as she returned the kiss. “I can live with that.”

 

There won't be a new chapter today, I just sat down, trying to write and after half an hour the page was still blank. I'm sorry for the unscheduled absence, but I need a short break. (Did not want to release a chapter that was just this update so I edited this. I don't know how many will see it though...)

14