Chapter 1 – Black Book
865 11 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks later, Himari and her family moved to their new house. It was not big like the other normal houses. It has two bedrooms, a living room, and a small backyard.

The day after Himari got scammed, she told her little sister everything how she got tons of money and used it to buy a house and other necessities.

Of course, she didn't tell about how she sold her items for a low price. After upgrading her PC to run the game and buying VR together with other expenses, the amount of money left was only 100000 yen.

With Relaire's school expenses and the food that they eat every day, the money was enough to last for two and a half months only. Within that time limit, she needs to earn money, or else she was going to quit playing the game and continue to work like in the past.

It was early in the morning, after eating her breakfast and setting her PC, she went to her bed and attached the VR to the PC. When Himari connected to the New World Online 2, the first she saw was a void space and the log in screen in front of her.

An unfamiliar feminine voice also reached her ears.

 

—Welcome to New World Online. Do you want to log in or create a new account?—

"Create"

—Select your avatar name, please—

"Rei"

She chose her old avatar's name in the PC version of it as she didn't want to waste any more time thinking about it.

—The avatar's name was detected in the old version of the game. Do you want to transfer all of your items in the old version here?—

"Yes"

—Enter your old username and password—

 

ID:

 

Password:

 

 

ID:

Rei

Password: 

**********

 

—The account has been verified.—

 

—Please select your avatar gender. Male or Female—

"Female"

—Please select your race. You can choose fr—

"Human"

—Do you want to alter your appearance?—

"No. Set it to my original appearance."

—Select a city and a kingdom you want to start—

"Random"

—Your account has been activated. Everything depends on you while playing the game.—

 

—Welcome to the New World Online 2—

 

After the introduction, Rei disappeared from the void space, and in an instant, she got teleported in a random Kingdom. What she saw from her sight was countless avatars walking around wearing different pieces of equipment from the short sword, two-handed sword, spear, and many more, which she can't identify.

Not only that, the moment she was teleported here, she felt the sunlight that giving her a warm sensation.

 

(Wow, I can even feel the sun and wind. I feel like I'm alive here,)

 

She tried moving around, lifting her hands and feet. From walking to running and jumping around, everything about the game was new to Rei, and she was enjoying moving around using her body.

After calming herself, she decided to look at her status, but there was a problem. She can't see the status screen. In the first place, there was not even a single button in her sight from the moment she was teleported.

After ten minutes of finding the settings, she finally gave up. She looked around her surroundings while finding a good person who can solve her problem, and there, she finally found a woman sitting alone in the near the fountain.

Her whole body was covered in full plate armor, and in her side was the two-handed sword. No matter where you look at her, she was clearly a veteran player.

Rei went to her and carefully asked her, while maintaining a polite manner.

 

"Excuse me, Can I ask you some questions?"

"Mmm... Judging from your types of equipment, you're a beginner, don't you?"

"Y-yes, and I can't see my status."

"Oh yeah, new players always have the same problem at that. Here in NW2, you can see your status by voice activation. Try saying the word status and a screen will appear in front of you."

"Status"

Name:

Rei

Level: 

1

Job

None

Attribute: 

None

Title:

 None

Health

110 Strength 99

Mana

100 Agility 99

Stamina

99 Intelligence 99

Dexterity

99 Vitality 99

Luck

0 Beauty 0

Mental

0 Technique 0

Wisdom

 

"I can see it now! Thank you!"

"No problem. You can level up by doing a quest here in the city. I recommend that you should wait until you reached level ten and get your attribute before going out of the gate. Then I should go now. Good luck to you."

 

The woman covered in full plated armor stand up and started to walk away and met with her companions.

 

"Hey Mihou, what takes you so long? I saw you were talking to a girl from far away. Do you know her?"

"I don't. She was just a beginner. Let's change the topic, did you learn anything about how Zed was able to acquire one of the Dragon Series?"

◆◇◆◇

Rei was standing in the corner while looking at her items. She remembered that the voice from the beginning told her that all of her items back from the NW where now transferred here in NW2.

She sold all of her items back then, and there was nothing left, even so, she tried to look at her items, hoping for something or even one item in her inventory that she can use or sell.

Yes, and just like that, she opened her inventory, and what she saw was nothing. There was no trace of gold coins, mana, and health potions there.

She was about to close her inventory when she saw a little icon in the upper left of her inventory.

—1/99—

There was one item in her inventory, but when she was searching it, there was nothing there. Feeling that it was a stroke of luck, Rei search every corner of her inventory.

After fifteen minutes of searching, she found the item in the last section. Well, you can imagine the item place in the 99 section where basically Rei needed to search from 1 to 99 before she found it.

 

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this? Why is it placed in the last section?! This should be placed in the front so players can easily see it?!"

 

While Rei was complaining, she clicked the item from her screen, and it appeared in front of her. The item was a single old blacked book covered in dirt. On the cover page, there was a drawing of an unknown coin in the center.

The book was very familiar to her, but she can't remember where or how did she get it. When she touched the book, a notification appeared in her status.

You have unlocked a hidden attribute!

 

In ancient times, there was a legend of a man who conquered everything in the continent through luck. It was said that he was powerful enough to split the mountains and seas with a swing from his sword.  Though it was only a legend and no one was able to prove his existence.

 

Attribute:

Jack of all Trades

Rank:

 Class type

If you accept it, you can use exclusive skills related to your attribute. Do you accept it?

Agree                   

Refuse

 

There was no need to think about it.

From the moment she saw the explanation about the book, her decision was already final.

 

"Refuse"

 

—Are you sure? It was a hidden attribute—

Accept                 

Refuse

 

" I refuse."

 

For the second time, she refused the offer.

 

"What's with that Jack of all Trades? No thanks!."

 

She put the skill book back to her inventory and decided to sell it.

It was a hidden attribute, even if it's just a gambling skill, she believed that the book will fetch at a reasonable price for her to buy some good equipments.

Or so she thought. Her expectations betrayed her after she tried to sell it in the shops.

 

"I can only go for one thousand crysta. Even if it is hidden attributes, I doubt it will help you much in your jobs. You can even get a better attribute than this for free after completing some requirements."

 

"Ughh... Can you at least buy it for five thousand crysta?"

"Sorry, missy, one thousand coin only."

 

Rei already tried to sell it in NPC shops, but their offer was only five hundered crysta, much lower compared to the players' shop.

In the end, she decided to keep the book for now and focused on clearing some quests to level up.

 

 

32