Chapter 2 – M-my First Quest?!
794 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei was still wandering around the town. She was looking at different shops looking for a good beginner weapon and armor, though she doesn't have enough money to buy any of them.

For starters, the system only gives ten crysta to support yourself for one day. Here in NW2, there was a hunger system that needs to watch out.

If you choose to neglect the hunger system in this game, your stats will slowly decrease from time to time, and then your health and mana will also decrease if you didn't take any action.

You can buy a single bread for three crysta, and nine crysta for three pieces of bread in a single day. The time also works faster here than in the real world, as three hours here in NW2 is equivalent to one hour in the real world.

Right now, Rei was searching for a quest so that she can level up. From time to time, while wandering around the city, she can see a lot of quest boards, and she always tried to check the contents, but every quest was all about monster subjugation or gathering materials outside the city. 

Those quests were out of her range.  It was already time for lunchtime for lunch, and her satiety was starting to decrease. Rei decided to stop by and bought a piece of bread. The taste was the same as the bread in the real world.

 

"Mmm...Wow, the bread was not bad at all."

"Oho, I see someone got a right tongue at tasting my bread here."

 

Out of a sudden, the NPC or nonplayer character where Rei bought the bread started to have a conversation with her.

 

"Missy, as someone who has the right tongue for tasting my bread, can you help about something?"

 

—Ding!—

A Baker's Problem

Rowan is a skilled baker, and because his shop is popular with everyone, he always runs out of flour every time. He has a regular supplier that sells him flour, but in the last few days, the supplier didn't show up. Help Rowan by buying a bread flour in the market.

Difficulty:

D

Quest requirement:

 The quest will fail if you didn't deliver it within the next two hours.

 

"Finally, a quest!"

 

From the sudden pop up of the quest, Rei concluded that a quest can be also obtained through conversation with an NPC though she didn't know if some certain conditions should be met to start it.

Rei happily accepted the quest from the baker, and she immediately went to the market to buy the bread flour. Upon entering the market district, what she saw was an endless amount of players' and NPC walking around and buying things that they need.

The market was so busy as she saw a lot of stalls that sell ingredients, fruits, materials, armors, and weapons. After looking for a bit and searching the bread flour in the ingredients section in the market, she finally saw the item that she needs for the quest.

 

Bread flour

It is a high-protein flour that typically contains between 12 and 14% protein and is designed for baking yeasted breads. The high protein content means that bread flour has more gluten in it, which makes the dough more elastic and light and results in a chewy and airy texture when baked.

 

After confirming that it, Rei started to ask the NPC vendor about the bread flour.

 

"Excuse me. I will buy the bread flour, please. How much it is.?"

"Young miss, I'll give it to you for eight crysta, how about it?" T

"E-eight crysta!? Can I buy it for at least seven crysta instead?"

 

Rei was pleading to the vendor, but it didn't budge an inched. The vendor was still maintaining it's poker face was smiling at her.

 

"Sorry young miss, but I can't do that. I'll give you the bread flour for eight crysta."

 

The system gave ten silver coins to the new player in NW2. Earlier, Rei brought some bread that cost three crysta, and now she only has seven crysta left. 

Rei was gritting her teeth from the frustration.

 

(Was it a dead-end quest? No matter where you look at it, this quest is not for a beginner at all, as you need to buy the bread to activate the quest. And after you brought the bread, you will only have seven crysta left, and the quest required you to have eight crysta!)

 

Rei was hesitating to speak to the vendor as she knows that it was only an NPC, and no matter how much she tried to get a discount, the program price will not change at all.

Or that's what she thought.

NW2 was the product of the latest and best technology that made from all over the continent. The system was designed to adjust itself depending on the action of every player in the game.

Meaning the AI or NPC was given a little amount of intelligence from the program that was downloaded for it to adapt in every simulated event that may happen in the future. Finally, Rei tried to ask the vendor in the hope that the vendor will give it to her.

 

"I-is there anything I can do for you to lower the price of the bread flour?"

"Hohoho, I like the way how you talk. Very well!"

 

—Ding!—

Supply breakdown

In the past few days, the supply of many ingredients in the city was not stabled compared to before. There's a rumor that the reason for all of this trouble comes from the slums. Go to the slum and investigate the reason for this.

Difficulty:

 C+

Quest requirement:

 The quest will fail if you die.

Warning:

If you found investigating this matter, the whole dark organization will come at your head. The quest can not be rejected.

 

Rei was startled at the sudden turns of the event, and for some reason, she saw a disturbing word that was mixed in her quest.

 

"E-ehhh! Another quest, and this time it has a difficulty of C+! And I can't even reject it! Seriously, what's wrong with this game! Not only that, but what with this quest requirement! It was scary!!"

 

Rei wants to cry right now with this tortured quest she was getting from just buying a bread. From thinking about how did these things happen to her, she started by recalling the first encounter she got before getting the quest.

 

(I bought a bread. The baker asked me to buy a bread flour because the supply was not enough. Then the vendor of the bread flour asked me to investigate the sudden change in the supply of the ingredients in the market...... Wait a minute... Is it me or both of the quest have the common problem which the supply demand?)

 

—Ding!—

A chain quest was detected.

—Ding!—

Kingdom's crisis

The dark organization in the kingdom started to make their move. If the dark organization was not stopped within a month, the price of fruits, vegetables, and ingredients will increase making the kingdom fall from the sudden price hike. Stop the dark organization at all costs.

Difficulty:

 B-

Quest requirements:

The quest will fail if you die. You can recruit multiple people for the quest.

Warning:

If you found investigating this matter, the whole dark organization will come at your head. The quest can not be rejected. The event will still continue even you die and abandon the quest.

 

Rei was startled for a moment and was going crazy right now. 

After a minute, she finally calms down.

 

"If all new players knew about this kind of quest just from buying a bread... Sigh... I don't want to think about how will they react ."

 

(It was too much for my so-called first quest.)

 

32