Chapter 4 – Information Acquired!
701 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking for twenty minutes, Rei finally found the bar that the broker was talking about earlier. The bar has no windows and has only one old wooden door.

Her hands suddenly stop before she was able to open it. Rei remembered what the broker said to her.

 

(Be careful when you enter the bar.)

 

She can't just ignore what he said, even so, she can't do anything about it. The reason why her hands stopped opening the door was not because she was scared of what's on the other side.

It was because she was starting to feel the excitement of her quest. Even though she received some difficult quests and was complaining earlier, she can't cast aside her excitement for the new experience in her first virtual reality game.

She steeled her resolve and opened the door, and what she saw was players and NPC drinking together while the others were eating some food.

The moment she entered, the laughter and gossips inside the bar stopped for a moment, and they all look at Rei. Before she was able to step inside the bar, a big guy covered in a black full plated armor, having a shield, and a sword in his back interrupted Rei.

Judging from his equipment alone, the man in front of her was a black knight or a paladin. The black knight said something to Rei in a low voice.

 

"Dark Sun"

"Sorry?"

 

Rei was confused about what did the black knight means about that.

 

(Dark Sun, huh)

 

After that, the black knight moved away from the door and let Rei entered. Not only that, but even the eyes that were focused on her started to disappear, and they continued doing their own business.

Rei seated near the bartender and tried to order the cheapest wine on the list. Even though she didn't want to drink, the others will suspect her if she didn't even order a single drink.

 

"I'll have a screwdriver."

 

The bartender nodded and started making the screwdriver cocktail. A screwdriver is a popular alcoholic highball drink made with orange juice and vodka. While the basic drink is simply the two ingredients, there are many variations.

It was the only drink that she knows and decided to go for it. Back then when she was still playing NW, one of her few trusted friends named Akari in the old NW complained to Rei that the other day before their quest, Akari went to drink with her friends, but the other liquors were so strong, and the only thing she managed to drink was the screwdriver.

Though, that was the last conversation she had with Akari before she left the game. While she was waiting for her drink, Rei took a glance at the whole place.

From the ceilings, chairs, and tables, they were all normal. Even the people who are drinking alcohol and eating food were the same. Their clothes are not much different from what she saw earlier.

Rei didn't know how if she can gain some useful information about her quest in this area. While she was thinking about it, the bartender offered her the screwdriver that she ordered.

Rei thanked the bartender and took the chance to refresh her mind. As she looked at the drink in front of her, she remembered Akari when they were still playing together.

Rei didn't know it, but while she was reminiscing the past, her face was making a gentle and genuine smile. Her smile was so pure and beautiful that can capture the heart of others, and it was not only limited to the NW2 as she designed her avatar based on her real looks in reality.

It was unfortunate that the only one who was able to see the charming smile of Rei right now was the NPC bartender. Though she was not aware of her own looks as she didn't have time to dress like a girl.

Because she prioritized helping and supporting her only family in this world, taking care of herself like going to the salon to get a haircut, or buying beautiful and elegant clothes was the last thing that she will do in her life.

She held the glass and took a sip of the cocktail, but before she was able to drink it all, she already put it down as the alcohol was so strong for her.

 

(Ugh... I can barely taste the orange.)

 

She closed her eyes and pressed her lips together because of the taste of the alcohol. It was her first time drinking alcohol, though it was in virtual reality.

Rei didn't expect that they were also able to replicate even the taste of these things here. Well, in the first place, she didn't know what the taste like, so she doesn't sure if these were the real taste of alcohol.

A minute had passed, and there was a sudden incident inside the bar. A man wearing ordinary citizen clothes entered the bar, and it was surprising that the black knight didn't bother to block him, letting him up easily far away from what Rei experienced.

The man who looks like in his early thirties has a pale look at his face while catching his breath. The man didn't spare any second and approached a man in the corner.

The man who was in the corner of the bar was wearing a black and filthy robe. On the other side of the table was his companion, who also have the same clothes as him wearing a black and filthy robe.

He put one of his hands on his waist and gripped the hilt of his dagger.

 

"W-why you guys won't help me!? The guards were suspecting us for treason because of those supplies that we reserve in the basement. Because of that, my whole family was captured by the army, and they imprisoned them! I am the only one who managed to escape! You said that we're not doing anything wrong, we're just waiting for the price of the product to get in demand so we can sell it for a higher price! Now I have done what you told me, why won't you help me! Why won't you help my family!?"

 

The man was screaming, as he didn't mind if the others were able to hear what he is saying, and the crowd started to focus their attention on them.

While others were focused on the scene, Rei, who was also observing the situation got a notification from her quest.

 

—Ding—

Information acquired!

The suppliers were hiding half of the supplies that they get from the other kingdoms. They are waiting for the right time when the supplies will become more in demand to monopolize the price of it.

 

32