Chapter 8 – Fated Profession
575 12 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After accepting the hidden attribute, consecutive notification started to flood her status bar.

 

Attribute:

 Jack of all Trades (passive)

Description:

 The ability to dabble and learned everything you wished, though you can not master everything in those fields.

Rank:

 Class type

Exclusive skills:

Absolute Luck (passive):

               Grants the user overwhelming luck that can help you in any situation. Grants the user a luck buff that is triggered when facing a dire situation. It also has a chance to increase the success rate of anything.

Permanent buff:

100% health - add 0% success rate

75% health - add 25% success rate

50% health - add 50% success rate

  25% health - add 75% success rate

Note:

Dying will reduce your level and stats by half permanently.

Job was not detected...

The attribute is in effect.

Searching the most suitable job for the attribute...

Gambler was selected as your job

 

STATUS

Name:

Rei

Level: 

10

Job:

Gambler

Attribute: 

Jack of all Trades

Title:

 None

Health

195/1010 Strength 149

Mana

1000 Agility 149

Stamina

149 Intelligence 149

Dexterity

149 Vitality 149

Luck

0 Beauty 0

Mental

0 Technique 0

Wisdom

0

Skill points: 10

Skills:

Gambling Addiction

Element:

None

Type:

Passive

Excels at gambling. There's a chance that you will receive a hint when you're in gambling.

  Lucky Coin:

Element:

None

Type:

Active

Flip a coin. If the coins land on the head, it grants the user a buff increasing a random stat equal to the health points that were reduced to the user and multiply it by one point one(1.1x). If the coins land on the tail, it gives a debuff to the user or buff to the opponents.

 

"What! Wait!  Of all the available jobs, gambler for real?! I didn't sign for this!"

 

This time Rei didn't care about the quest anymore or the arctic wolf in her front. If she knew this would happen, then she would choose death over the gambler's job.

In the world where the strong prey the weak, a gambler was one of the worst possible jobs ever in the game. Not only that gambler was not a combat-class related, but even her attribute was all luck buff.

After all of the resolve that she made, the cursed attribute gave her a cursed job.

 

"Why me..."

 

She had no choice but to accept the curse attribute together with her curse profession.

 

"If I know this would happen, I should've picked a common warrior class, though it was not time to self-pity."

 

Rei supported the weight of her body using her arm and tried to stand up. Right now, even though she didn't lose hope yet, a little disappointment can be seen from her face.

In her right hand, a piece of a single gold coin appeared out of nowhere.

 

"I couldn't believe I'm going to bet everything on a toss coin. Haha" dry laughed.

 

Rei was not wrong at all, as this was her only chance. She feels like she was a mad gambler betting everything on a single coin, just like the popular phrase "do or die".

 

"Lucky Coin!"

(Please... please... please... Head...)

 

Absolute Luck, activated!

Add a 75% success rate!

Head

 

Rei was delighted at the result. She had a feeling that being a gambler and having the jack of all trades was not bad as she thought.

 

 

STATUS

Name:

Rei

Level: 

10

Job:

Gambler

Attribute: 

Jack of all Trades

Title:

 None

Health

195/1010 Strength 149

Mana

1000 Agility 149

Stamina

149 Intelligence 149

Dexterity

149 Vitality 149 (+897)

Luck

0 Beauty 0

Mental

0 Technique 0

Wisdom

0

Skill points: 10

 

Or not.

Really? Buff on my vitality...

Rei couldn't believe what happened.

Her health points were below 25%, and she was expecting some ridiculous buff on her strength to help her kill the monster or agility so she can run away from here.

Even though she wants to go for another Lucky Coin, she couldn't as it has twenty minutes cooldown. Not only that, but the skill also consumed all of her mana, and she doesn't know if she will recover it on time.

In the first place, she didn't know if she can survive for another twenty minutes. The arctic wolf suddenly changed its movement the moment Rei activated the Lucky Coin.

It was able to feel the danger of Rei, and it started to charge again at her with the speed that Rei couldn't keep up. Just like earlier on how did it ripped the left arm of her, the arctic wolf was planning to repeat the same attack from earlier, and its target was Rei's right leg to disrupt her balance.

Rei saw that coming and held the sword with her right arm, but it was futile.

Before she could react, the wolf was already in the act of bitting her right leg, ripping it to pieces.

 

- 50 damage

 

"Huh?"

 

In the next seconds, Rei saw the wolf whose teeth was still on her right leg, and surprisingly, her right leg was still there intact to her body. The arctic wolf was also confused about what happened and it tried to add force on its mouth while trying to rip her leg.

Rei saw the opportunity and didn't want to waste it as she held the grip of  the sword and stabbed it from the side with all her might. The arctic wolf shrieked in pain as Rei repeated stabbing it without taking a break.

It tried to release its mouth from Rei and planning to distance itself, but Rei didn't let that happen. She pushed the arctic wolf down on the ground by putting her weight on her body and continued to stab it, but the wolf didn't let it for too long.

The wolf has more strength than Rei, and it was able to stand even though Rei tried to pin it down using every strength in her body. After that, it used its claws and struck her, making Rei fly off into the distance.

 

- 50 damage

- 50 damage

 

Rei was sure that the blow that she received from the arctic wolf or the impact from her falling on the ground at high speeds would be enough to kill her with the remaining health points that she has, but instead, she only received 50 damage.

She guessed that the reason for this was the sudden increase in her vitality stats.

 

"So vitality makes me tougher or something, huh."

 

Even though Rei can take some blows from it, she wasn't still considering fighting it as she doesn't have enough damage to kill the arctic wolf.

If she doesn't manage to kill it before her buff runs out, then she would be the one who will get killed. And even though the damage was already reduced, her health points were at 20%, and she would die if she takes consecutive blows from the arctic wolf.

Her only choice left was to run, but the arctic wolf would not let her go that easily. She wished that the arctic wolf would run away after she stabbed it, but it was the opposite.

The arctic wolf became enraged and more ferocious while giving a vicious look at Rei, but when it started to charge and pressed its weight on her, a barrier was formed that encircles Rei and protects her from the attack of the arctic wolf.

 

"Protection!"

 

Rei looked from where the voice was coming. Not far away from her location,  a party of four-person was approaching her consisting of two girls and two boys.

One of the girls was wearing a white robe, and judging from her dress, Rei guessed that she was a healer or similar to it. The other girl was wearing light leather armor and while holding a bow in her arms.

The other two guys were wearing the same warrior mail and a sword from their back, but the other one has a shield together with his sword in his back.

The boy approached her from the back and talked to her.

 

"It's okay now. We got your back."

"Alf! You should apologize first because of what happened earlier. Um, sorry about that. I'm Rin, we'll explain to you later what's happening, but for now, we need to focus first on the boss monster."

 

Rei was confused at first, but she nodded to the girl who was wearing the white robe and decided to focus on her front.

 

(Wait... Is that a boss monster?!)

Eh, It's a boss monster! No wonder Rei got ripped into pieces! and not only that but Rei also got gambler as her job?! Hmmm, I wonder if she can join at the top with her current job.

I didn't have much time to finalize the chapter, so if you found some errors while reading it, feel free to correct me in the comment section. That's all for now. <3 <3 <3

 

 

 

 

28