Chapter 9 – Arctic Wolf Core
495 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Rin! Focus on casting protection at Kai. Anna, I'm counting on you in the long-range attack. I'll try to deal some damage to it and buy you some time."

"Roger!" Rin & Anna

"Faster! I can't hold this monster for so long!" Kai

 

Earlier, Alf and his teammates decided to hunt the field boss monster as they thought that their levels, equipment, and items were already enough, but they made a little miscalculation.

The field boss monster's level was much higher than what they anticipated, but still, they were able to manage it. Dying in the game is painful as the player can't log in for eight hours.

Not only that, but you will also lose some experience, and your level will randomly decrease up to five levels. But that's not the reason why dying in this game can be annoying.

Waiting for eight hours or losing levels indeed can be irritating, but the worst of all was that every time you die, a random item or equipment of yours will be lost.

This one was the worst case for all of the veterans and high-level players, as losing some equipment of yours will cost you a lot. At first, they were hesitating to proceed, but right now, they were doing good, and they decided to continue.

Kai's health points were already at fifty percent (50%), and it was the same for the field boss monster as they were steadily dealing damage with it.

Even though its level was higher than them, their teamwork helps to fill the gap of it.

 

"Alf! I finished charging my skill!"

"Alright, I'll buy you some time go and aim for the eye. Make sure you don't miss it."

"Easy thing! I can even shoot you together with it." Anna

 

Rin gave him smug like she was very confident that she will not miss the shot.

 

"Why you little... Is that how you talked to your big brother? I will tell mom later about the result of your exam."

"I'm just joking, you know! If you tell it to mom, I will never talk to you again!"

"Hai hai. Just focus on what's in your front, Sigh."

 

Even though he was arguing with Rin from time to time, Alf didn't let his sight go away from the field boss monster.

 

"Ok, here I go."

 

The moment Alf started to cast his skill, he began to charge to the field boss monster while the blade of his sword was glowing.

 

"Hard hit!"

 

Hard Hit

Element: 

Weapon Dependent

Type: 

Active, Physical Skill
Description:

It brutally hit the target with the weapon the user has and also a chance to inflict [Flinch] on the target.

 

It was a basic skill available only to those people who have the swordsman as their job. Because Kai was tanking and getting the attention of the field boss monster, Alf easily slips in the back of it.

 

"You're mine!"

 

Alf swung his sword and slashed the field boss monster from the back. The field boss monster flinched from the sudden surprised attack from its rear.

 

"Anna!"

"You're too slow. I was getting bored! Power shot!"

 

Power Shot

Element:

Weapon Dependent
Type:

Active

Description:

Charged and shoot the target with stronger power. It has a chance to inflict [Tumble] on the target. Critical rate increases on a slowed target.           

 

Even though Anna was acting nonchalant earlier, the moment Alf told that it was her turn, Anna suddenly changed her expression like she was a different person.

Her concentration was amazing at all as she started to take a deep breath while slowly letting go of the arrow from her hand. It was so fast and accurate as it pierced the right eye of the field boss monster in a second.

 

"Bullseye!"

 

The field boss monster shrieks in pain from the hit, and it started to charge at Anna. Alf considered this scenario where Anna will get the aggro on the field boss.

 

"Not on my watch!"

 

Alf started to charge at the field boss and pulled out the arrow from its eye to add more damage to it, and then he used his sword to stab the side of its body.

The field boss was able to feel the pain of the sword stabbing it. It struck its claws at Alf, making him fly from a distance. The field boss instinct was telling it that it can't win, and it started to run away.

 

"Wha— Go after it."

 

Alf and the rest didn't expect, and they tried to chase, but it was futile as it was too fast for them.

 

"What should we do?" Rin

"Let's go after it." Anna

"Eh, for real?" Kai

"Let's go, guys!" Alf

◆◇◆◇

"And that's what happened. I'm very sorry for the trouble that we cause to you." Anna

"Ahaha."

 

Rei gave them a dry laugh as she couldn't blame them at all after seeing the girl in front of her apologizing.

 

"Let me invite you to the party." Alf

 

You received a party invitation!

Accept                 

Refuse

 

The moment Rei accept the invitation, she was able to see the status of the arctic wolf in their front.

 

Field Boss Monter: 

Arctic Wolf

Level:

38

HP: 

 2,000/10,00

 

She wondered why she wasn't able to see the status of the monster until now and tried to ask Anna about it.

 

"You can't see the status of the monster when their levels are too higher than yours, that's why some party hired some appraiser for the job."

"I-I see."

 

Now that Rei was not all alone, the arctic wolf now carefully considered its moves. It was able to recognize the party of Alf in an instant, and it was planning to run away again for the second time.

 

"You think I'll let you?"

 

Alf started to charged straight ahead of it. The arctic wolf tried to run away, but Anna didn't let that happen. She fired a consecutive shot of arrow behind the arctic wolf to limit its movement, and just like what she planned, the arctic wolf has no choice but to charge forward at Alf.

The arctic wolf opened its mouth and was in the act of biting Alf.

 

"I won't let you! Protection!" Rin

 

Rin already anticipated it and was able to cast protection at Alf on time. Alf slashed the arctic wolf with his sword, and Rin fired some arrows to finish it.

Field Boss Monter: 

Arctic Wolf

Level:

38

HP: 

0/10,00

 

When they thought that it was over as its health points already reached zero, the arctic wolf suddenly charged at Anna. Alf and Rin didn't manage to react on time as they already dropped their guard down after giving the finishing blow earlier.

The wolf knew that Anna has the least combat power among the party, and it decided to kill her together with it.

 

"Prote—"

 

Anna couldn't finish casting her skill as she runs out of mana, and when she thought that she was going to die, Rei appeared on her front and took the blow.

Rei flew several meters away from the impact while the arctic wolf died and started to disappear. The whole party rushed at Rei to look if she was still alive after receiving that attack.

After that, Anna thanked Rei a dozen times while slightly bowing her head. Truthfully, she was only able to block that attack even though she didn't have many health points left because of the buff on her vitality.

If she took that blow without it, surely she will die without a doubt.

 

Arctic Wolf Core acquired!

 

"Did you get the core?" Alf

"I didn't." Anna

"I got two claws." Rin

"Mine was some some crysta only." Kai

"Sigh, No luck on the core." Rin

"Well, it can't be helped. It was a rare drop in the first place." Alf

 

Unexpectedly, Rei was able to get the item that they want, but she was hesitating if she will tell them about it or not.

 

"Hi, nice to meet you, Rei. As I told you earlier, I'm Rin. These are Alf, Anna, and Kai.  You can look at their names in your status in the party member. By the way, what did you get?"

 

Rei decided to tell them the truth.

 

"I got a core."

"For real! Guys, Rei got the core!"

"Really?!"

"Wow."

"Congrats!"

"You can have it if you want."

 

The whole party was shocked by her statement.

 

"Really? Thank you so much, but we don't want to take it for free. Here, take these 500,000 crysta as our thanks. It's only half of the original price, but I promised we will pay the other half when we got more coins."

 

From his reply, Rei was able to guess that they were good people.

 

"No need, you can consider the other half as my thanks for saving me."

"Then let me add you to my friend list. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to call us." Alf

"Then I will take that offer."

 

 

28