Chapter 11 – Shopping
432 8 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After her little sister fell asleep, Himari also closed her eyes as she hugged Relaire in her slumber. And then the morning has come. Himari woke up earlier than the rest of her family as she went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for them.

She went to the refrigerator to get some eggs to cook. After making breakfast, she put it on the table and woke up Relaire and her grandpa. Relaire went to school after eating her breakfast while their grandpa went for a walk.

After taking breakfast, Himari washed all the dishes and cleaned the house. Even though she is only in the house, she needed to exercise and conditioned her body before logging into the game.

Unlike her old job, which her body got used from moving every time, now she only needs to lie down on the bed before logging into the game.

Himari can not get used to that as she finds it tiring to lie on the bed for many hours without stretching her body, and that is why she makes sure to take an exercise or stretching before and after playing the game.

Now that she finished everything, Himari started to log in to the game.

◆◇◆◇

Rei spawned in the city. After getting the fighting the wolf core yesterday, she went back to the city to log out as any player can not log out outside the safe zone, cities, town, and many more.

But there is a way to force yourself logging out, and that is by getting killed. Upon logging in to the game, Relaire didn't waste any seconds by grinding and making herself stronger as every time is important to her.

Rei was still using her beginner's armor from yesterday as she didn't have enough crysta to buy even the cheapest ones, but today was different.

Yesterday Alf and his party gave her 500,000 crysta, and now, she was planning to use that money to buy a decent armor and weapons. Not wasting any second, she started walking and immediately went into the market.

Upon arriving in the market, Rei stopped for a moment and looked at the whole place. It still has the same atmosphere when she went here yesterday.

There are so many people just like before, where players and NPC were walking and buying stuff there.  On the side, stalls were selling different things ranging from foods, equipment, materials, and cores.

There were also players and NPC who was trying to sell their products by talking to others one by one. But it was different for other famous shops, blacksmiths, and merchants as they have their owned stores and their call signs.

For example, a famous blacksmith forged a sword with a crest like a star as his or her trademark. This place is where all started and was the reason she got those quests, her attribute, and job.

Rei sighed and started to walk in the market. She decided to go to the shops first as the quality of equipment, materials, and others are much higher compared to the stalls as some of the players considered the goods in the stalls as trash.

But still, there is always a possibility that a treasure was lurking and can be found in those trashes. That is why some veteran player visits the stalls every time they will go into the market.

After walking for a minute, Rei finally found a shop. The shop has a logo of an anvil on it, which makes it obvious that it was a blacksmith store.

Rei went to the front of the store and grabbed the doorknob of it. She opened the door and pushed it before walking inside. Different swords and armors appeared before her.

Some of the swords and armors were placed in a glass, while others were displayed on a long table. Rei looked around the shop and looked at the price of the swords.

The cheapest sword that she saw was around 800,000 crysta that was placed on the long table. Rei looked at the prices of the weapons that were placed in the glass, and it is thrice the price of the weapons she saw in the table.

 

(What! These are overpricing!)

 

When Rei was already ready to leave, the owner of the shop noticed her and approached her.

 

"Oya Oya, are you looking for a weapon or armor, Missy?"

"Ahaha—" dry laughed.

 

(What a bad timing and I was planning to leave quietly.)

 

After she laughs a bit, Rei looked at the owner and smiled at him.

 

"I just finished looking at it, so I will go and take my leave now, please excuse me."

 

Rei slightly bowed at the owner, but the owner said another word to her.

 

"You are not gonna buy?"

"Well, you see... I can't afford even the cheapest sword here."

"Now that you mentioned that, you're wearing leathered armor and boots. A beginner, huh. Then, you don't have any place here. My shop is not open for beginners. Get out. Come back when you can afford to buy my creations."

 

Rei left the shop without any trouble.

 

(After what you said, you expect me to come back when I have the money? It's the opposite. I will not come back here even if I have money. You are failed as a businessman.)

 

Rei continued looking at other shops, but all of the prices were the same. After strolling for thirty minutes, the cheapest weapon and armor that she was able to found has a price of 500,000 crysta, the exact amount of money she has.

Rei continued to walk and sat down for a minute to think. She now knew that she doesn't have enough crysta to buy a decent weapon. While sitting, she looked at her surroundings to freshen her mind.

Some players just laid some rag on the side of the road and started placing their products there and selling stuff while stalls were always filled with customers as their products are cheaper compared to others.

 

(Sigh. No used in sitting here, I will go try to look something.)

 

Rei stands up from where she was sitting and walked towards the stalls. She went first to the stalls the was selling weapons and armors.

 

"Nee-chan, what do you need? We almost got everything you need. We have gears for the heads, armors, gauntlets, boots, necklaces, and rings. Just tell me what you want."

"Then, tell more about the weapons."

"Roger. We sell two kinds of weapons here. The weapons with potentials and statted weapons."

"Potentials?"

"Every weapon, armor, gauntlets, boots, necklaces, and rings that are made by the blacksmiths have potentials and slots. These potentials are like limiters for putting stats in weapons. The higher the potential of the weapon is, the more stats you can put on it."

"Then, does that mean that statted weapons are much stronger than weapons that are dropped by monster?"

"Well, if you can make a weapon on par with the mythical rank, then it's a yes."

"You're right. Mythical weapons can only be acquired from ruins, dungeons, killing a mythical beast, or from completing an SSS quest."

"No one dared to alter or enhanced mythical class weapons at all as the chances are less than 10%, and there's a high risk of degrading it if you failed. That's why many blacksmiths don't bother to advance their class and stayed at the intermediate level. So nee-chan will you buy or not?"

"I see... Then how much is the cheapest for clean potential weapons?"

 

The seller gets the weapon and placed it on the table.

 

"Ho. Are you interested in becoming a blacksmith? This one here is a silver sword with one potential."

"What do you mean?"

"Only a blacksmith buys clean potential weapons."

"You could say I'm interested in it. So how much is this?"

"I'll give it to you for 50,000 crysta."

"No discount?"

"I already gave you on. The normal price of it is around 60,000 crysta, you know?."

"Then, here's the 50,000 crysta."

"Thank you for your patronage."

 

After giving the crysta, Rei waved her hand and said goodbye to the seller before leaving. This time she didn't hesitate to buy the sword as she got an idea.

 

(Why didn't I think about it earlier. Becoming a blacksmith is not a bad idea as I can earn a lot of money from crafting things.)

 

She stored the sword that bought in her inventory and planned to go to the blacksmith guild to get the learned the skill, and she heard something.

 

"For those who want to earn more crysta or double it, what are you waiting now? Try to lean on your luck as you gamble and win more prizes!"

 

Rei looked where the voice is coming from, and she saw a stall not far away from where she was. The stalls were crowded as players and NPC are gathering there.

 

Rei decided to ignore and started to walk ahead when she heard a voice coming from that stalls again.

 

"You can earn up to 5,000,000 crysta, and not only that, but if you really are lucky, then you can win the best prized we have, an epic grade one handed sword!"

 

The moment Rei heard that she stopped walking for a moment. She feels like she's missing something important right now. And then she remembered and started walking into the stalls where the voice was coming.

 

"How can I say no to that when my job is a gambler in the first place? Now, let the game begin."

I'm busy, so I don't have much time to reread and edit it even once so if you see any correction feel free to comment it below, so I an correct it. That's all and thank you.

 

22