Chapter 12 – High Risk, High Return
245 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei joined the crowd where everyone is gathering. When she heard that she can win some good price through gamble she hesitated at first. For Rei gambling is the last thing she will do because she believed that it will only bring harm to one's psychological and physical health. But right, now she was in a virtual world, so if she loses some money, it will not affect her in reality though it will affect her gameplay here.

Rei looked where's the stall is and when she found it, she saw a big roulette where players can choose a number to place their bets on a single number. It was a simple game where it was truly a game of luck. There is no trick that you can do behind the scenes as the person only need to roll the roulette where everyone can see so it impossible for one to cheat.

Rei hesitated a little bit as games where one can cheat has a higher chance to win while games, where luck was needed, are the hardest type of games. 

Gambling Addiction activated!

Hint: The roulette is in the effect of an ominous attribute that spread misfortune around it.

"Ehhh! Is the game that bad?! The game was already a game of luck and when you add that attribute that caused misfortune around it, then there's no chance that anyone here can win the price even if spend all of my crysta. Even so, the prices are tempting, now I'm troubled. I wonder what will happen to that guy when I told everyone here that he is a scammer, who is trying to steal their money. Though, I doubt anyone will believe me even if I said that, and I will also lose the chance to win the price if they believed what I tell too, sigh."

Even though there is no chance to win the game, Rei was still confident, like she still had the chance to win despite the favors against her. Well, the reason for this was because of her odd attribute together with her job, which is a gambler which can grant her unusual luck. 

Rei opened her status bar and looked at her attribute which is Jack of All Trades. From there, she saw one of her skills which is called Absolute Luck. Just like that name suggests, this skill grants absolute luck to the user in exchange for their health points. The lower the health points Rei has, the higher the luck she will have which means she will have the higher chance to win.

The only problem she has is how Rei will lessen her own health points. Hurting yourself or another player in a town, city, or any other safe zone is not prohibited as long as no one will report you and caught you.

Because of this, there are many methods on how she can choose from. Rei thought it for a while before coming to the idea of poisoning herself. She didn't like the idea of cutting or stabbing herself that is why she resorted to poison. 

Rei left the stall for a minute to buy some poison in other shops but unlike what she expected, it is not to buy poison since most of the shops doesn't sell one.

"Poison? We don't sell poison here because they are not popular. Besides, who wants to buy poison in the first place?" The shop owner laughed at her.

"Ugh... Well, you have a point." Rei said while feeling down. "My epic weapons...Sigh. I didn't know finding some poison is that hard. It looks like it is impossible in the first place."

Seeing the depressed Rei who was about to leave, the shop owner scratched his head and feel a little guilty. "Well, you can easily it outside the city or you can find some alchemist to make you one. I also heard that there is an alchemist store not far away from here, though I'm not sure if it is true."

Rei's expression suddenly changed upon hearing it. "Really?! I see. Thank you, mister. I will go now!" Rei said that while having a big smile on her face before leaving.

Seeing the unexpected beautiful smile of Rei, the shop owner blushed for a moment like seeing an angel before he came back to his normal character and shrugged his shoulder. "Good grief. I'm glad I was able to help her at least. 

Rei started to ask some people for the direction of the alchemist shop and soon after some minutes of walking, she managed to found it. The shop was neither big nor small and has a simple wooden hanging sign above the door with a vial sign on it. Upon entering the shop, the bitter smell of different plants and herbs has touched her nose and from inside, there are many series of vials placed on the side.

Re can not get used to the fact that the game can replicate and affect the five senses of everyone inside the virtual reality and she was still amazed by it even now but for now she set aside it and focus on her purpose in coming to the shop.

"Oya, Oya. What do we have here? A new face I haven't seen yet. Welcome dear customer, are you here to buy something?"

A beautiful girl wearing a violet long robe and a tall pointed witch hat which gives a mature aura around her suddenly appeared from the back door of the shop. "Oh, where is my manner. My name is Lisette, an alchemist and the owner of this shop."

The girl introduced herself having a little smile on her face before making a slight bow. Seeing how courteous the other party is, Rei also politely introduced herself.

"I'm Rei and I am looking for some poison." She said.

"I see. We have different kinds of poison here that can induce different kinds of ailments continuously overtime. What kind of poison are you looking for, dear customer?" Lisette said.

"Do you have any poison that can reduce one's health points in one go?"

"What an unusual order you have. Dear customer, poisons don't work that way. I am afraid that there is no such kind of poison that fits the description you want."

"I see then—"

"But, there is an item that has the same effect that you want. It is usually an ingredient used in making some medicines and poisons. Luckily, I still have three that I haven't used yet. How about that, dear customer?"

"I'll take it. How much is it?" 

 Lisette put her index finger in her cheeks and looked upward while thinking. "Hmm...How about..."

Rei is back!    °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

14