Chapter 125: Auto-fill
2.3k 9 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mimir [Demigod] level 3620

Mimir was a former god who chose to take mortal form.

Strength

270

Dexterity

890

Stamina

488

Perception

2260

Endurance

764

Vitality

Mana

1734567

M/regen

62364

Affinity

29

Intelligence

2836

Willpower

N/A

Soul

N/A

Charisma

1270

Resistance

49

To the layman, there are many things here that might be considered “red flags.” The corpse of a demigod, its absurdly high level, or its literally limitless vitality would most likely make someone incredibly cautious. After all, the [Demigod] didn’t die of old age. Normally thinking people would attempt to discover what killed him, in case it might kill them as well.

But I’ve seen some crazy shit and the corpses of former gods are much less interesting than the reason that the entire floor of this tower is covered in fluffy carpet.

And that reason is that the corpse on the ground in front of me and the fluffiness of the carpet paint an interesting picture, the import of which escapes me. .

I am bothered, and had been since the moment I teleported to the tower. The fluffy carpet was far fluffier than normal. Nay, it was too fluffy. The sheer softness that I felt walking on it was amazing. The way it caressed my skin was exceptional on its own.

Still, my curiosity raged, piqued, but now it all makes sense. Everything makes sense now. All of it.

Because…

“Mimir is a Nudist.”

The words escape my lips as I stare at the dead skeletal body. At the complete and total lack of clothing anywhere. No shoes, socks, robes. Absolutely nothing. The only exception is two rings near his hand bones.

But, those aren’t classified as clothes, and thus my realization stands. He was a nudist, one which covered every bit of floor with the most luxurious feeling carpet I have ever felt.

Do I feel jealous? Yes, I absolutely do. And who wouldn’t when you have such amazing carpeting?

“Chosen of Hermes. Mimir is in the arcane forge section of the laboratory. Please make your delivery with haste.”

I roll my eyes at the tower as it asks me to deliver something to a corpse. Granted, its message is not wrong. Mimir is technically at the arcane forge and has probably been here for the last fifty years.

With a sigh, I kneel down to examine the rings on the floor.

[Divine]

Ring of the World Song

This ring was created by a [Demigod] utilizing the dead remains of the [Grand Archsiren] Aglaopheme. This ring has absorbed Aglaopheme’s innate ability to absorb vast amounts of ambient mana.

Ability: [Mana Vortex] - For the next ten minutes, increase mana regeneration equal to your soul. (Cooldown: 137 days)

Passive: Increase Mana regeneration by 10 per second.

My mouth goes slack as I read the item’s ability. I then look at my own stats and see that my current soul stat is 4151. Which, if I were to activate the ability, I would have over two million worths of mana to use in ten minutes.

“Holy shit,” I say aloud as I look at Mimir and how crazy this item must have been on him. The strength of someone’s soul is directly proportional to how long they have existed. Considering Mimir is a god, his soul stat may have even been in the millions.

With a slow movement, I lean forward and grab the rather simple looking green ring that looks to be made purely of crystal. I then place the ring on one of my fingers and immediately feel a rush of mana entering me as the passive effect almost makes my mana regeneration double. The active effect will eventually need to be tested later though.

“Now then.”

I turn to the next ring and read its description.

Ring of Babel [Legendary]

Created by Mimir, the wearer of this ring has full control and authority over the capability and functions of Babel.

I blink as a smile crawls itself onto my face.

“Really, that’s it? No giant monstrosity to destroy? No crazy magic bullshit? Just put on a ring and control everything? I want to say that I’m kind of disappointed, but then again…” I look down at a corpse whose bones I lack any feasible way to destroy. ”I really do not want to fight a former god. I’m pretty sure I would lose… lose hard actually.”

Yeah, easy is fine.

As I begin moving the ring to my finger, I stop. The ring is inches away before I realize that I may get myself killed.

Mimir is dead. He is a corpse and the only thing that has any chance of killing him would be Babel. On that note, the ring should give full authority and control of the tower to the wearer, but maybe something went wrong. Maybe I’d die too if I put on the ring.

“Damn it. Not easy then.” I mumble as I continue looking around for something. Eventually, my eyes land on the pedestal that is connected to the Arcane forge and only a foot away from the corpse.

My eyes then land on a glowing collar made of various colored crystals.

Error. Item rank cannot be determined.

Collar of the Hero

Error. Error. The wearer of this collar will gain access to Error. Bonuses are not Error. Error. Error. System Error.

Unauthorized item created. Administrator Notified.

Administrator SAS9 Note: Due to system guidelines from the [Hero] class patch 7.1.9, I cannot remove this item from existence nor can I interfere in its usage. Currently, the creator has been removed and the ability to create such an item has been patched.

Administrator SAS11 Note: Workaround has been created. Though the ability for the item to give access to the system interface cannot be disabled, the abilities granted from having the [Hero] class have been removed. Currently, only possible workaround can be enabled if someone with the [Hero] class were to use the item.

“Oh shit, “I curse.

I stare at his body for a full five seconds before the giggling starts.

“He wasn’t killed by the tower…” I say as I laugh, “The fucking system murdered his ass!”

It all makes sense now. Rapeball is annoyed with me for constantly fucking with the system, but me having the [Hero] class has his metaphorical hands tied. The fact that they can’t remove an unauthorized item, but they can kill the creator of it speaks volumes.

With a smile, I lean forward and pick up the collar, finding the thing rather light. If my guess is right, putting it on me right now will give me two systems, which is a big nono. Which will result in Rapeball showing up and… well, I don’t really know. He might offer me a better class, skill, or he might do something that could be detrimental to me. Right now, it’s a needless risk.

What it does mean, however, is that I’ve got a way to summon him now.

“Hmmm…” I idly examine the collar. “Well, I guess I’ll just give it to Jessica. I’m sure she’ll like it. After all, she’d worn one for an entire year.”

With my curiosity sated, I look to my other hand and stare at the [Ring of Babel]. A ring that would give me ultimate power over the dungeon… maybe. I know that Babel supplies the mana to the dungeon, but what else it does is still up in the air.

With a sigh, I put the ring on my finger.

Due to inactivity, you have been logged out of the Babel interface. Please enter your credentials to log back in.

Login:

Username:

Mimir

Password:

******

  • Password Autofill

Really? That’s a thing? Why does it eve- nevermind. I don’t care, nor do I want to know.

“Um, Enter?”

Credential accepted. Logging In.

❗ Notifications: (⚠9)

?Tower Information

⭕Teleportation System

? General Information

⚙ Settings

“The fuck?” I say, looking at a bunch of words. With a mental command, I open up the Notification tab.

Notification:

  • Warning: Goblin population control method: [Death Field] has reached critical level. Manual disabling is required.-- 18220 days

  • Warning: Goblin species is nearing extinction. -- 18110 days

  • Warning: Goblin species is now extinct. No sentient life signatures found on floor five. -- 18040 days

  • Warning: Garuda species is near extinction. -- 18011 days

  • Warning: Garuda species is now extinct. -- 17843 days

  • Warning: Shade has been killed by entity Volpe. -- 17214 days

  • Warning: Suppression chains on dungeon stone INAEQUO are deteriorating. Repairs are necessary. -- 3679 days

  • Warning: Shade has been killed by Error. -- 1 days

  • Messenger of Hermes has arrived. -- 32 minutes

I look at the notifications, reading through them, chuckling at the most recent one. Apparently, not even an all-powerful dungeon is able to figure out my status.

With another mental command and a bit of searching through the settings, I come across a very interesting page.

Owner of Babel

Mimir

With a chuckle, I erase his name and then replace it with mine.

Owner of Babel

Quasi Eludo

A moment after I save the changes, a new screen pops up into my vision.

Hidden Quest: [Conquer Dungeon INAEQUO] completed.

Upon his defeat by the sentient tree known as Yggdrasil, Mimir had obtained himself a powerful dungeon core that he had named INAEQUO. With the core at hand, he created the Tower of Babel to harness its power, and thus created the first fully controlled dungeon.

Utilizing his new power, Mimir began experimenting with the biological makeup of species, eventually creating various beast humans hybrids known as demi-humans.

Unfortunately, all things must end. The great [Demigod] dies from his folly and his creation is now in another’s hands.

Compiling Rewards…

Rewards Found…

Requesting presence of god Loki...

Right as I read the last line, I feel it in my soul, the shudders of reality when a god enforces his will upon the world. A feeling that had taken me over ten summons to notice.

I sigh as I turn away from the pedestal and watch as a portal opens.

*********************************************************

“Well, Quasi Elduo, it has indeed been a while,” exclaims Loki as he strolls through the portal in a red suit with his usual small tophat on his head.

Quasi gazes at him, his hands creating fists.

“I must admit, yo-”

“Loki!” He yells, interrupting whatever the god was going to say.

He raises an eyebrow, confused.

“You think I fucking forgot?” he exclaims.

“I don’t know wh-”

“SHUT UP, YOU STEALING PILE OF SHIT!”

The god opens his mouth but has no idea what is happening.

The [Hero] points with his hand, a movement that would be considered far more aggressive if he wasn’t completely naked.

“YOU THINK I FORGOT, HUH!?

“GUESS WHAT, FUCKHEAD!? I DIDN’T!”

At this point, the God of Chaos, well known for his unpredictability, can only stare at his summoned [Hero] with a look of complete and utter bafflement. He was not expecting… whatever this is.

“I beli-”

“LOKI!” the [Hero] screams, interrupting the god once more.

“WHERE!

“THE FUCK!

“IS!

“MY!

“CHAIR!”

136