Chapter 130 – 4 Gaw: Throne X Cell
2.2k 8 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Quasi, does that look like a jungle surrounding the city?” Jesica asks. She sits behind Quasi on the Bonecycle, enjoying the feeling of the wind blasting against her body.

The [Hero] nods as he drives towards Sanavil. With his enhanced vision, he can clearly see the abundant greenery around the city.

“Wow,” Jessica opines as they get closer and Quasi begins to slow down. He makes sure to deactivate the flaming enchantments on the fake exhaust pipe of the vehicle.

The [Hero] snorts.

“This was caused by a weak pulse of mana overclocking a skill to grow crops. There will be nine more of these pulses, each increasing in strength and concentration.”

“The dungeon,” Jessica says.

“Yup. With the dungeon gone, mana is now beginning to travel up from the interior underground floors and escape into the southern portion of the continent.”

Jessica tilts her head, “That seems like it will create a lot of problems.”

Quasi shrugs in reply.

“I wouldn’t use the word problems. A huge influx of mana will instead create opportunities. Plants will grow stronger and more numerous as they naturally absorb the higher concentration of mana. This will allow herbivores to obtain more nutrients and allow them to grow stronger and more numerous, which will cause carnivores to become stronger and even evolve into monsters.

Once there are monsters, more people will need to hunt them, and this will allow people to reach much higher levels. Not to mention that pocketed high concentrations of mana will begin creating dungeons, thus providing a chance to obtain magic-based metal like Mithril and Adamantine on top of crystals for enchanting.”

Quasi scratches his neck, slowing down further as he begins to enter the verdant wilds.

“All life on Orbis is designed to utilize mana, and thus the main system’s network. High mana concentrations allow the system to better utilize its ability to mess with and change biology. It’s the main reason that powerful capital cities tend to be built over powerful dungeons, which are naturally occurring places of concentrated mana.”

Jessica frowns, “Um, I have no idea what that means.”

The [Hero] sighs, “It’s fine. Most don’t anyhow, not even most of the kitsune. Anyways, we’re getting close.”

Jessica looks up and notices dozens of carts near the city outskirts, with hundreds of people working. [Farmers], [Workers], [Slaves], and other assorted peasants are harvesting grain, fruit, and vegetables under the protection and supervision of [Guards].

[Guards] who, noticing the approaching vehicle, quickly place their hands on their weapons and begin yelling at Quasi and Jessica to halt.

Quasi slows down his vehicle as he gets closer and closer, stopping fully at ten feet away from the nearest sentry.

Once he is stopped, the [Guards] exchange confused looks as they survey the two masked individuals mounted on some kind of magically driven vehicle.

“Who goes there?” asks one of the dozen men in weathered leather and metal armor.

The [Hero] smiles as he slowly gets off the bike and takes a step forward. He then extends his hand, allowing a cane to fly from the vehicle and into his palm.

At the impressive show of magic, several of the [Guards] half draw their weapons, ready to unsheathe them if they so need to.

Quasi flourishes his robes while he raises his right hand towards his large tophat. He grabs onto the side of it, removes the hat, and then takes a perfectly executed bow with the hat.

“I am [Gentleman] Bone, and it is my utmost pleasure to make your acquaintance,” he exclaims as he finishes his greeting.

The [Guards] stare at the masked man, then glance at one another, flummoxed by what they just saw. Most of them quickly relax, their fears allayed by Quasi’s absurd act.

Level up X 1

You are now a level 13 [Gentleman].

The [Gentleman] [Hero] stares at the message and then shakes his fist in the air..

“FUCK YES,” he yells, startling the [Guards] into abject terror. They jump and unsheathe their weapons, pointy ends pointed towards him. The [Workers] nearby quickly notice the brewing altercation and quickly attempt to create distance.

But Quasi ignores everyone and turns to Jessica.

“Jess! Guess what!? I finally leveled my [Gentleman] class! Two freaking months, and I finally leveled it up!”

Jessica sighs and shakes her head as she looks towards the frightened [Guards] who quiver from the explosive leakage of Aura. Her eyes then wander towards the walls where mounted men are riding towards their location.

“Quasi, do you always need to make a scene?” she asks as she points at the incoming riders.

The [Hero] looks behind himself, also notices the incoming [Cavalry], but ignores them. Instead, he turns back towards Jessica.

“Are you still angry about the massacre at the town? I told you it wasn’t my fault! Blame Joker, not me.”

“Quasi, stop causing problems.”

The [Hero] snorts.

“Make me.”

Jessica scowls under her mask. She raises her right hand and pulls back the sleeve to reveal a crystal and bone bracelet. On the bracelet, inscribed in crystal letters are the words, Mule.

“If you don’t stop causing problems, I’m going to have to summon Mule.”

“Shit,” he says, raising both his hands in a placating manner. “Okay, no problem. I can be nice. Just, please, don’t summon Mule.”

Jessica glares at him for a few more tense seconds. She drops her sleeve and sighs. “Fine, I won’t summon him, but can you at least tell me why? What did you do to him anyway?”

Quasi looks away and folds his arms, “It’s ... complicated. Mule is… strong. Very strong now. Please, just only summon him when you are truly desperate.”

Jessica raises an eyebrow, “How strong?”

Quasi tilts his head.

“City destroying strong.”

“What’s going on here?” the lead rider reaches the group of confused [Guards] and two bickering, masked people.

Quasi and Jessica turn towards the speaker, finding an older but fit man at the lead of the cavalry.

Manos Serafen Level 71 [Captain]

Quasi turns towards the [Captain] and steps forward. He then flourishes his cape and rea-

“I am Jess, a [Priestess] of Eir and this man over here is Bone, a [Gentleman] and my protector.”

Quasi stops his motion as he pouts under his mask, but says nothing else.

Manos looks down at the two individuals and then at the vehicle upon which the supposed [Priestess] currently sits. He then looks at the cowering [Guards], their eyes fixed unwavering on the one named Bone.

Manos’ eyes search through the [Guards] until they land on one he recognizes. “Crow, what happened here?”

Which abyss did you pooch-screw?” goes unasked.

Crow looks at Manos for a second and begins gibbering. It takes the [Captain] a moment to realize what has just happened.

“[Iron Heart],” Manos exclaims. His skill activates and the [Guards] immediately stop cowering. They quickly return to attention.

“What happened, Crow?”

The [Guard] crow quickly points at Quasi, “Sir! I-I don’t know, but that man yelled and I got very afraid. I think he used a skill.”

“It’s not a skill. It’s an Aura. A stupid Aura of fear given to me in my stupid class upgrade.”

Manos studies the masked man named Bone with curiosity. Anyone who knows how to utilize Aura is very dangerous, especially if they have high-level classes.

“Regardless of what it was, you have used an ability against the [Guards]. For that, I will need to arrest you.”

“What?” Quasi asks in disbelief.

“You heard me. Remove all weapons and enchanted items from your person. You will be taken to a cell and we will have someone assess a proper punishment for you.”

The [Hero] gazes at the [Captain] for a moment. “What about her?” he then asks, pointing at Jess.

Manos looks at the woman. He then looks to Crow, “Has the lady done or caused any harm to anyone?”

Crow shakes his head, “No. She has only watched and yelled at the Bone guy.”

Manos shrugs. “Then she is free to do as she pleases.”

He then looks to Quasi again.

The [Hero] rolls his eyes beneath his mask.

_____________________________________________________________________

Jessica can only stare in complete surprise as Quasi lets himself get cuffed and taken via horseback into the city. She hadn’t been expecting him to assent, but he did, and now she is left to enter the city alone, but for an undead named Bonecycle and a bag of Quasi’s enchanted items.

With a shake of her head, Jessica queues in a surprisingly long line of people wanting to enter Sanavil. Everyone in line gawks at her and the undead motorcycle.

Thankfully, the line moves rapidly since most of the people attempting to enter are just [Farmers] who want to sell their abundant harvests.

Once the last person in front of her enters, the [Guard] beckons her forward. He looks at her and then at the vehicle of bone.

“Reason for entering Sanavil?” he asks.

“To purchase a detailed map.”

The [Guard] gives her a very confused look.

“A map?”

Jessica shrugs. What more can she say? She came with Quasi to get a map so they can find a big city. Well, that’s what he wants to find. She’s just following him around as she usually does.

“Pretty much.”

The [Guard] just stares at her for a long moment before pointing behind him.

“Alright, go ahead. You can enter.”

“Thank you.”

As she enters, she sees a throng of people milling about, trading, yelling, and of course, gawking at her. She looks around and notices a sign hanging from a building labeled ‘Stables.’

She walks towards it, the undead dutifully follows behind her. The pedestrians give her a wide berth as she makes her way towards a man brushing a pony.

Upon her approach the pony begins to neigh and buck wildly. Its eyes are focussed on the undead that is coming closer. The [Stablehand] turns towards Jessica.

He goes still as she walks up to him.

“Hello, are you by chance the [Stablemaster]? I’m looking to stable my…cart.”

The [Stablehand] looks at the… cart for a good ten seconds and then looks back at the masked woman.

“Um, why does your cart move on its own?” he asks.

“It’s magical,” she answers.

He looks at the cart once again.

“Does it need to eat?”

“No.”

“Ok… the [Stablemaster] is currently busy, but I can stable your magic cart inside.”

Jessica smiles under the mask, “Perfect. How much will it cost?” she asks as she digs into her robe to take the bag of crystals, but the [Stablehand] raises his hand.

“The cost is one copper a day. You pay only when you are picking up. If the cart is not taken within three months, then ownership is forfeited to us.”

“Oh. Okay,” she says.

The next five minutes involve taking the Bonecycle into the back of the stable and ordering it to not move. She is then given a wooden token that signifies her as the owner.

With the undead stabled and no longer following her around, she enters the city proper. She pauses a moment to remove her mask and place it inside her bag alongside Quasi’s things.

She heads out, short blonde hair wafts about as she strolls through the city.

*************************************************************

“He’s down here. We have him in our most secure cell.”

Rathos looks at Manos, confused that the [Captain] would call him to investigate a prisoner.

“Is my presence really necessary for a simple prisoner? What crime did he even commit?”

“He used Aura. It scared the living shit out of a dozen [Guards].”

At the mention of Aura, Rathos slightly perks up but gives it little thought.

“What was the skill?”

Manos shakes his head, “None. At least, none was heard.”

Rathos’ eyes narrow and he picks up the pace of his descent. Anyone who can utilize Aura without using a skill is very dangerous and almost always powerful. They either have a second tier class or are near it.

Without another word, the [General] descends with even more haste, reaches the bottom, and rushes through several hallways to a prison cell.

The man on the other side of the cell bars is sitting comfortably. This is most unusual; the cell is barren and the floor was not designed for comfort. No chairs are provided since good [Thief] could break a wooden stool and pick a lock with a splinter. However, the man relaxes on a throne, of which neither the [Guard] nor the [General] can give satisfactory account.. The man glances up as they enter and makes direct eye contact with Rathos.

The [Hero] smiles.

“Manos.”

“Yes [General]?”

“Why is he naked?”

105