The Darkness
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You mean you've never heard of an affinity? Fire, earth, water, wi-" I said before being cut off. "Never heard of that before, but that doesn't matter. Where are you from and what is your name?". This guy... Am I in some sort of primitive country? "My name is Meritum and I'm from North America. Where am I right now?". Figuring out where I am will give me a general idea of what to do next. "Where's North America? Is that some sort of village?" the old man retorted. How does he not know what North America is? There's no way... "Sir, sorry for such a strange question, but what year is it?" I asked, my body shaking and breaking out into a cold sweat. "What kind of question is that? The year is 600 of course." Oh shit, time-traveling is a thing now? Remember the rules of time travel... remember the rules of time travel... That's right, I can't help these guys advance in their technology.

"I'm sorry sir but it would appear I'm lost. I don't know where I am or what I'm doing here, I'm being completely honest with you." I said, hoping he would believe me. I know that I have to get back to my timeline, but I'm not sure how. What events led up to that portal? Was it just there by chance? "I hope you understand why I'm doing this boy. You leave me no choice if you won't give me any answers." said the old man, who was now in a distasteful mood. With a rise of his weapon, which appeared to be some sort of metallic rod with a tip at the end, he swung it straight down at my head using the blunt end. Normally, I would have been out cold from such a hit, but I was able to dodge in time. "Hmph, a feisty one indeed." grunted the old man. The other men were closing in on me with what looked to be like swords and shields, suitable enough for their time.

Using the tall grass to my advantage and my adolescent nimble body, I got on all fours and scurried away almost like a spider. I was aware that they were chasing me, but we were close enough to the forest that I could slip away inside. "After him! He entered the forest!" shouted an unfamiliar voice. My lips were dry and my throat was burning, but I continued to run. I ran and ran until I couldn't hear the men anymore. Out of breath and worn out, I collapsed on the ground in front of me.

As my eyes opened from my rest, I couldn't see anything; only darkness. Trying to stand up, I fumbled back down. I couldn't even see my own body, it was like I was in a void. I tried to speak, hoping someone would hear me; even the aggressive village from earlier. I tried and tried, but nothing came out of my mouth. It felt as if my life force was being sucked out of me. I couldn't even feel my own heartbeat, when suddenly I was being sucked away into the same void I was currently in. Grasping my legs and holding them close to my body, I shut my eyes and waited for the inevitable.
One eye open. Now the other, revealing a sight I never saw as beautiful; the sidewalk I fainted on. "What the fuck?" I absent-mindedly said out loud, still regaining my senses. Looking around, it was still dark out. How much time passed, if any at all? Where was I? Questioning came later, first I had to deal with this feeling of drained stamina with a good nights sleep in my comfortable bed.

When I woke up, I was determined to find some answers as to what happened to me the other day. My first destination will be the school library during my lunch break. Before that, I have to enroll for next week's tournament and go to my new class.

Class 10E, class 10E... oh where could it be? Pfft, I made a rhyme. Ah, there it is! "Now class, please take your seats. Oh, Meritum, nice for you to join us today! Your seat is in the very back left." said the teacher in a rather aggressive tone. Putting down my backpack, I saw Friar in the front center. He looked almost pitiful, even though he beat the living shit out of me the other day. "Listen up class. Today, we'll be training your affinities in the school courtyard. We'll leave in 5 minutes. Make sure to leave your items behind!" said the teacher.
Maybe I'll be able to use my fire today...

0