The Librarian
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With History being over, I let out a sigh of relief. All the teacher talked about was the great archmage. The thought of that just gives me shudders. Such an entitled piece of shit is looked upon by others... He ended Ragnarok, the fight against humans and the gods, by using our lives. After he was ridiculed, all he could do was go into hiding which made the ridicule larger until it died out. Eventually, people saw him as a hero and turned a blind eye to him running away.

Next was lunch, meaning I had time to research portals. Hopefully, my lunch won't be wasted and I'll find something useful. I doubt the computer logs will have anything called 'portals', meaning my best bet is to ask the librarian. "Excuse me, Sir, do you have any books on dimensional rifts?" I asked as soon as I reached the desk. "Dimensional rifts? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Something like a portal?" he replied. "Yes, something like that I suppose." Immediately, he started tapping away on his keyboard, giving me time to look at his features. He seemed to have a rather wide build with muscle on him, but he didn't seem like the type to get into a fight. He had round glasses that paired with his bronze eyes. His facial features would make most women fawn over him, making me wonder why he would become a librarian and not some sort of celebrity.

"It seems like we have nothing on that subject. Out of pure curiosity, where did you come up with this? Portals are unheard of; they're supernatural and only appear in folklore." the librarian questioned. "Ah, I'm lately into that sort of stuff. Just trying to see if it's something that's actually possible, or if they're really just fairy tales. You never know with all those new qualities coming out!" I replied, masking my true intentions. Turning around to leave, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Wait just a minute." the librarian said with a serious tone. As he stared into my eyes, I felt an immense sense of dread overcome me. Is this what they call an intimidating aura? It feels like it's going to crush my entire body to the floor...! "Admittedly, I'm into the supernatural. If you find anything out about portals, let me know! I'd really appreciate it." he said with a smile that didn't seem to reach his eyes. "Uh, sure. I'll let you know." I replied, starting to walk away. I'm never coming back here again, that's for sure. Doesn't he realize how suspicious that was?

Being able to snack a bit after my short trip to the library helped calm my revolting stomach. With the bell signaling the end of lunch, I checked my schedule, only to see that I have mathematics. My favorite subject! After mathematics, I have biology and health. Not exactly my favorite topics, but it didn't seem all that bad.

With the bell signaling the end of the day, I started to head home on the same path that I had my strange encounter on. Almost approaching the area where I found the supernatural object, I saw other people walking out from behind the corner. Damn, I guess that means it's not there. When I turned the corner, my eyes told me a different story. Seeing the portal that emitted a white glow, I was shocked. Even more so when people were walking by it and even through it without batting an eye. My first thought is that I was really losing my mind, but giving me the benefit of the doubt, couldn't this mean that only I can see it?

0