Light
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Capital, eh? I'll tell you what. I have some business to do in the Capital pretty soon with my daughter, I'll take you there when we head out. It'll be about 5 days from now." said Gibbit. "Your daughter? How come I haven't seen her around?" I asked, wondering who would ever marry this evil dwarf. "Oh trust me, boy, you have."

Work went by fast as usual which meant it was time to eat dinner. Entering the tavern, I was once again met with the sounds of joyful townsfolk and the sweet aroma of all sorts of food. "Hey Mer! Over here!" shouted Bronn, one of the friends I made during my time here. Walking over to the table, I noticed a new face; the same girl who was watching me work and found me at the waterfall. "She said she wanted to join us in going to the Capital! Oh, I don't believe you met. Her name is Ravinia."

"So, the plan I came up with is-" Bronn started before I cut him off. "Hang on, we're changing the plan? What happened to working at a diner?" I questioned him. "Wait until you hear this. My new plan is for us to get contracts under the guildhall and become fully-fledged adventurers. So, how's that plan?" he said with a smirk. Wait a minute, adventurers? For what? "What do you mean by guildhall and adventurers? I've never heard of this before." I asked. Bronn, looking at Ravinia with a confused expression and back to me, said "You know, for dungeons and stuff."

Ah man, I thought I finally had this world figured out. I guess it makes sense that it truly is supernatural from my own experiences, although I never thought there would be dungeons. Apparently, dungeons have been here forever and have started to become stronger lately. There's no explanation as to why, but adventurers, people who will fight them, are making more money now. "How do we plan on fighting them anyway? Are you good with a sword or something?" I asked Bronn. As far as I know, this world has some sort of magic element to it. The old dragon I met conjured orbs of fire from his mouth after all, or maybe that's specific to him? "I'm a striker while Ravinia is a caster. Speaking of, which class do you fall under?" Bronn asked, confusing me even more.

"What do you mean you can't use magic?" he asked, worriedly. "I'm telling you, man, I've never been able to do anything with magic. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard of strikers, casters, and whatnot. I told you, didn't I? I'm from the mountainside- more secluded than here." I replied. "Let's go try," he stated. "What?" I asked, confused as to what we were trying. "Magic."

Stepping out of the tavern, we went to an open area in the back. "So, how do I go about using magic?" I asked Bronn who was studying me closely. "Well, it's kind of a gut feeling. It's just something you do naturally. Just feel like something is coursing through your veins and try and shoot it out of your hand. Aim at that boulder over there." he responded. Trying to sense something flowing through my veins, I tried to concentrate it towards the palm of my hand. Opening my eyes, I imagined it bursting out of my palm; and it did. A massive beam of light, about 20 feet tall and the same width, shot out of my hand and directly into the boulder, carving a path in the ground and in front of me. "Holy fuck."

After getting scolded for ruining the yard and promising to fix it up the next day, I grew tired and headed up to my room in the Inn. "Hold on a second kid." I heard Gibbit say from across the hall, peeking out of his room. "I heard you did something pretty amazing today. Care to elaborate?" he asked, and so I did.

"So you can shoot light out of your hands huh? Seriously, where're you from punk? Only archpriests and higher are capable of such a thing, and even then they have strict limits." he said, making me even more anxious than before. If this is the only thing I can do, won't that be sketchy as hell? "Hmph, well, if you don't want to say anything, that's fine. Go to bed, you have work to do tomorrow," he said as he rustled my hair.

Waking up to the rain pounding on the rooftop, I lit a candle in my room for some light. Sitting on my bed, I gazed out at the rain pouring down onto the window, when I saw someone down below behind a house, watching me through the window.

0