Wind
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bronn, readying his fists, looked rather nervous as he kept his eyes on his opponent, who stood still and wore an amused look on his face. "You may begin." said the instructor as he pushed up his glasses.

Thankfully, Bronn wasn't foolish enough to engage head-on with an instructor of a prestigious academy. Instead, he started to circle around and wait for the first move. Surprisingly, the first to attack wasn't Bronn.

The instructor raised his hand ever so sightly, seemingly nothing at first, but that's when it hit Bronn full force. Unexpectedly, a huge burst of fire shot out from the ground, engulfing Bronn in bright orange flames. Being perfectly honest, it didn't seem like much seeing how Friar, weak in comparison to most students back at my world, could do the same.

Bronn didn't lie back and sit scorched. Now that he had the knowledge that the instructor was a caster, he lunged forward and threw a right hook at the instructors' left side. "Never underestimate a caster's brute strength," he said as he caught Bronn's fist full force without budging even in the slightest, something Friar would not have been able to do. "that is your first mistake."

Pushing Bronn back, the caster pivoted his entire body on his left foot and sent his foot right into Bronn's stomach, sending him flying into the barrier. I could already tell that this match was over, and Bronn had a clear defeat.

"Candidate Bronn is no longer able to participate in the trial," announced the lady in the dress. "The next candidate up is Arthur."

Arthur seemed to be a wind mage, seemingly a decent enough counter against the instructor. However, the amount of fire that surrounded Arthur overwhelmed him, causing a quick defeat. This entire thing feels more like a training session rather than actual fights.

"Next up is... Meritum." the woman announced. As I walked towards the field, I wondered what the best way was to fight a strong faster that's trained in hand to hand combat. I was warned not to use my magic, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal... right?

"Begin."

To start off, I decided to go with some hand to hand combat. He's clearly trained in it, but his true ability lies with casting. Running head-on, I could tell that he was about to conjure a spell. Where, I have no idea. Suddenly, fireballs sprayed at me from his direction. Dodging all of them, I continued my race towards him, cursing this long field. He really wants to win, doesn't he?

Getting closer, he shouted "Barrier!" and an entire wall of fire surrounded him. He wasn't afraid of Arthur, so why me? What was he planning? The wall of fire was too thick for me to walk through, so I had to use magic. Throwing up my palms, I started to get the same feeling I did when I first used it. Releasing the flow from my hands, a ray of light shot out and into the wall of fire. This time, as I wanted, it was a lot more concentrated and smaller which made it even brighter.

"Gah!" I heard from the other side of the receding barrier. Oh shit, did it actually hurt him? I tried to make it as small as possible to make it not so obvious, but that may be out of the question now.
"You little brat," mumbled the instructor. With the barrier down, I could see the damage done to him. His right side had a gaping hole all the way through his body, blood spilling out.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I started, but I wasn't able to finish as what looked to be a conjured spear of multiple elements was directed my way. I could make out fire, water, and grass. Was grass some form of earth element, or entirely different? With barely any time to think, I propelled myself backward in the spur of the moment. I used wind magic.

Seeing how I was able to use both wind and light, and the instructor was able to use fire, water, and grass, there are casters who can use multiple elements. This opened up a multitude of opportunities for me, more then I had before with just light magic.

Looking back at the pained instructor, I could tell he wanted revenge... on a kid. Seriously? This guy is supposed to be some big shot? As he conjured another spell which seemingly took a long time, I propelled myself forward with wind magic. Gliding under the array of different colors shooting everywhere, I prepared my counter-attack. As soon as I was below him, I propelled my arm forwards with wind and uppercut the instructor right in the chin, knocking him into the air.

This gave me just enough time to prepare another strike into the gut, when fire burst down onto me. It was different from when it happened to Arthur; the fire this time was an extreme violet.
The intensity of the flames nearly burnt my skin off on contact, but the next thing I knew, I was far away from the instructor and the violet flames. Looking up, a tall white-haired figure stood before me, their back towards me.

0