“Chapter 14: Holocaust”
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


     "The remaining six students were all from upper classes. Four from Elite Class and two from Class A."


     "So it means that I'm only the predator from lower classes."


     "Yes. As for the other details..." Tachibana-sensei started to describe the appearance and weapons of the other predators. She managed to explain it to me fluently in less than a minute, which makes me feel admire her for that.


     "You shouldn't say this to me, right?" I asked while looking at my surroundings.


     "Well, it's one of my way to protect you. And besides, they didn't know that I already knew their role. It was all thanks to my reconnaisance ability," she declared and I can already imagine her smug face..


     "So I'm the only predator from lower class, huh?"


     "We'll use that as an advantage to the plan. By the way, what's your location?"


     "I think I'm in the department store inside the mall."


     "That is enough. Proceed now and don't worry about your safety. But still,  don't let your guard down for ambushes."


     "I understood," I replied and removed the earpiece from my right ear and gave it to Stacia. She wore it on her left ear.


     I took a deep breath and started to walk heading towards the exit of the store. Stacia followed me after my third step. She probably wants to guard my back. The scenery seems like a large group of terrorists had attacked the mall. The only factor that lacks is the shout and screams of those who were feared. If it is present here, then it makes this simulation far more realistic than now


     The exit came into view. The outside of the store was devastated. I slowed my steps to examine if there is any possible surprise attack that can possibly occur to me and fortunately, I can't feel others' presence. So... how can Tachibana-sensei protect me inside this mall? By the way, I didn't asked her location. Well, knowing it won't make a great handicap for me.


      "I know I shouldn't say this right now, Stacia. But I'm sorry for dragging you here in this kind of situation," I said to Stacia without looking at her.


     The atmosphere is too tense for me so to lighten it up a little bit, I spoke out of nowhere. I want to at least lessen her burden by not letting her fight everytime for my sake. I'm sure something terrible happened on her first life that lead her to wish for a second one.


     "K-Karasuma-san?!" a voice on my right side shouted.


     Stacia immediately stepped forward going to my right to defend me. She didn't need to do it. I can at least be able to protect myself. A female student appeared behind the wall of a cafe. She has a short bob hair  and she holds a broadsword on her right hand.


     "Oh," I whispered and walked towards her. 


     I don't know her name but I can recognize her face. She's also a Class D student. I noticed that she lowered her guard because I'm one of her classmates.


     "I'm truly relieved that you're here, Karasuma-san," she said and placed her left hand on her chest.


     "Good thing that a fellow Class D student nearby," I told her as if I know her. 


     Behind her is a man with a large physique. He's muscular but not that too buffed. His outfit is an iron armor that exposes some skins. A battle axe was placed on his left shoulder. Based on my judgment, he is a gladiator. If he is, then this spirit surely lacks something... An ability that Stacia boasts.


     "You know, I'm freaking scared! I'm praying that there is someone I can rely here and you came!" she said cheerfully. 


     Stacia placed herself on the side of the gladiator's battle axe. She is ready to take down the spirit anytime. My classmate didn't discerned our plan because she came nearer at me. There's no sign of her being prepared to fight.


     "I'm sure you can help me, right, Karasuma-san?" she said.


     "Only if you can survive."


     My classmate tilted her head rightward due to confusion.


     "Of course, we can survive. You're here, after all." She laughed after she said that words. She must thought that I'm joking around.


     "I can guarantee that I can survive. How about you?" I asked and looked her with dagger-like stare.


     "Of course, I can because-"


     She was interrupted halfway when her spirit collapsed on the floor. Her eyes widened when she saw that Stacia's blade was raised. On the collapsed spirit, a diagonal slash on the side of his neck can be seen. He slowly faded into our view.


     "I'll ask this again. I can guarantee that I can survive. How about you?" I asked at her while readying my katana.


     She took three steps backward slowly. The trace of fear is visible on her face. She must be wishing that someone will save her from me.


     "D-D-D-Don't tell me... y-y-you're a predator?"


     "What if I am? What will you do? Wait for someone who will save you?" I sarcastically told her.


     "D-Don't act too highly of yourself!" she shouted.


     "Of course I can act like that. Our instructor picked me as her predator after all. Well, I don't want to waste my time on you."


     Tears are forming on my classmate's eyes. Her merit score must be lower than 20,000. If that is, then I will be the cause of her expulsion. I feel guilty on that but this how the world works. If you're weak, learn to become strong.


     I stabbed my katana right into her body. She faded two seconds after it. Stacia, who is behind me, immediately rushed towards my front. Is there another enemy she can feel? She raised her weapon but lowered it afterwards.


     "What an immense speech we have here, huh?"


     A woman that is holding a sniper rifle on her right hand entered the cafe. Her tight white long sleeves emphasizes well her breasts. Her lips formed an upward smile upon seeing me.


     "So that girl is the fourth Class D we eliminated," she said casually.


     "You already defeated that much, Tachibana-sensei?"


     "All of them were cowarding in fear. It is like you said earlier, they're waiting for someone to rely on."


     "By the way, how did you know my current location?"


     "Who knows. Just to let you know, never ever underestimate me."


     Tachibana-sensei walked towards the entrance and prepared her sniper rifle. She took aim in a direction and a gunshot, that was so loud that it can damage my ear, resounded in the entire cafe. There's no mistaking it. She fired it on a student. 


     "Well, I just want to see my predator. You still have eight minutes for your 30,000 merits. Take the west entrance. I already secured it and Xin'Ya is secretly waiting there," Tachibana-sensei said and ran towards west. 


     I followed what Tachibana-sensei instructed me. After I took several steps outside the mall, the scourged city came into view. There are cars that were engulfed in fire. The windows of the buildings were shattered anywhere and debris were scattered. This truly doesn't look like a simulation anymore. 


     My feet started to move when I felt that something is coming to me from the left. I quickly shifted upper body leftward and raised my right hand to deflect the incoming projectile. I heard a sound of metals clashing and a kunai, that was supposed to hit me, flew away from me.


     "I see. Not bad for a Class D student," a male voice said.


     I saw a guy equipped with two scimitars on both of his hands. Beside him is a ninja with kunais between his fingers.


    "A predator?" I murmured.


    "For you to not chicken out when you see a predator, you must be tough guy."


     "And why should I feel that way?"


     "Oh, right. You're that arrogant girl's butler. That girl must be a blind person," he mockingly said.


     "I prefer if you refrain yourself from insulting Margaux-senpai in front of me."


     "Ho? If you want to stop me, then let our weapons do the talking," he said and extended both of his hands on both of his sides.


     He rushed towards me with a very rapid footstep. His ninja faded and reappeared behind me but Stacia flawlessly defended my rear. The enemy in front of me diagonally slashed his right kukri to me. I blocked it with my katana but he used his left kukri to execute a horizontal slash on my abdomen part.


     I stepped back a little to avoid it. Stacia is doing the best she can to keep the ninja busy. She can easily cope up with the ninja's swift movements but I can tell that she is still having a hard on her enemy. I returned my focus to my enemy, who relentlessly strikes his kukris on me. Thanks to my quick reflexes, I can manage to deflect the attacks that are targeting my blind spots. This guy is surely a troublesome enemy. He then suddenly stopped attacking by taking three steps backward. 


     "That blonde girl must be a retard. Why did he get a guy who doesn't know offensive?!" He mockingly shouted.


     My urge to defeat him skyrocketed because of what he said. I don't know why but anger quickly welled up inside my body.


     "I don't want to waste my time on a Class D student so I'll immediately finish you right-"


     His next gesture imitates a person whose blood was being gushed out from his mouth. He was talking nonsense since earlier so that totally caught him off-guard. A naginata-like weapon pierced the enemy's body and the weapon penetrated its half. What a poor guy. That must caused him mixed feelings of shock and confusion.


     "Can you please shut up?"


     A girl wearing an outfit that resembles a kimono, white in color, materialized beside the guy and wrapped her right hand into the guy's shoulder. Her long pink hair sways freely as she strike fear on her enemy.


     "I-Impossible…" the enemy surprisingly said.


     "Oooh! You didn't thought that you're fighting against a fellow predator? What a poor lad," the kimono girl sarcastically said. "Well, that proves that not all Class A students have the potential."


     The naginata on the guy's body faded and within a split second, it reappeared into the kimono girl's left hand. She pointed the head into the guy's hips and thrusted it there. The guy shouted in pain. What the kimono girl did is way too brutal.


     The enemy faded as well as his spirit and when the kimono girl saw me, she smiled and approached at me.


     "Kaaa… raaa… suuu… maaaaaa!" she excitedly shouted.


     "Stop it. It's embarrassing."


     "Why? The Great Eternal Fox Girl had come to save you!"


     "Thanks, Xin'Ya… -san? But whatever, I'm sure I can eliminate him," I replied.


      I'm not sure if I need to call her with such formalities. The distance between us shrank to the point that I can clearly see her jade eyes. Her fox ears were raised as if she's listening to her surroundings.


     "Ok! There's no enemy within 300 meter radius," she confidently declared. "But it's quite a disappointment that a Class A student will be defeated easily."


     "It's because you targeted his blindspot."


     "Yeah, you're right. You still have seven minutes for your reward, right? Then, I'll also let you cuddle me for an eternity!" Xin'Ya said and her tails wiggled as her eyes shone brightly.


     "I can now see why Tachibana-sensei is disgusted at you."


     "Ahahaha. Don't sweat it. It is just she can't comprehend my big brain.… Oh, wait. There's another target."


     Xin'Ya adjusted her grip on her naginata and faced in the direction behind me. She then posed a stance of a javelin thrower and in an instant, she threw it forcefully. It was too powerful that caused the  air to wipe out the nearby flames on its path. It flew straight until it hit someone in its body.


     "A-Amazing," I commented.


     "Fufu," Xin'Ya chuckled. "Compliment me more, Karasuma," she said and extended her right hand that caused her weapon to reappear again on it.


     "I thought that there's no enemy within 300 meters?"


     "Oh. That one is 319 meters away from us. I can detect enemies up to 700 meters but I just want to do it within 300 meters. I guess it's my bad."


     "I-I see."


     As far as I know, the foxes here in this world can sense any possible threats for up to hundred meters. Not on comparing Xin'Ya, who is an outworld fox, to the foxes here but she's far more superior when it come to sensing enemies.


     "I guess you should go now, Karasuma. I don't want to delay you on your mission."


     "So you can become serious?"


     "Seriously, Karasuma. Go now. I can now see that Mafuyu-chan wants to torture me up to her heart's content."


     "I-I-I will. Thanks again for saving me."


     I ran towards the spaces between the wrecked buildings, leaving Xin'Ya behind. Stacia decided to follow me so that she can guard my back. It is reasonable because being in a cramped place like this gives better chances of surprise attack. This kind of place is also a perfect one for hiding. Not that I doubt Xin'Ya's ability but there might be someone that successfully sneaked here.


     Each step I take has the caution that I might get ambushed. Surprisingly, there's really no one here. Xin'Ya is surely an amazing spirit. For now, my main goal is to get out of here. I decided to take the right path but on its end, I heard metals clashing.


     "Let's go,Stacia."


      Stacia nodded and she now took the lead. On the way, she swapped her katana from her right hand to her left so that she can prioritize more her speed rather than the intensity of her strikes. As we come closer to the end of the path, the sounds grew louder and louder. There are also shouts that are included in the noise. I can also now see an open field wherein four people, one girl and two boys, fighting against a guy. Surely, that latter is a predator.


     "Kuro, take his left flank! Kaori will support you from behind," a student, holding a bow, commanded to his companions.


     "You said it!"


     "Aye!"


     The other guy, equipped with a warhammer, rushed into the predator together with his spirit. On the other hand, the girl followed him while readying her crescent-shaped gauntlets.


     "Ha! Three of you are just useless piece of trash!" the predator shouted and extended his left hand towards his enemies. His spirit charged to greet the incoming enemies.


     Me and Stacia decided to watch first the fight and analyze what they're capable of. While I'm on it, I caught a glimpse on their faces. I don't recognize who is that predator but there's no doubt that he is either from Class A or Elite Class, according to Tachibana-sensei. And about the three other guys, they're from Class D.


     I spent 30 seconds on spectating them and to be honest, it is such a waste. I could have rushed them but I observed them first before doing any actions, which is more better than the first option. I stood up and when I was about to join the fight, Stacia blocked me with her right hand. I looked at her face, that is beneath her skull mask, and she returned her gaze at me.


     She then tightened her grip on the hilt of her katana and charged forward. Both sides were surprised by the sudden intrusion of a newcomer, not to mention that it is a spirit.


     "That's Karasuma-san's spirit, right?" the girl asked.


     "Yes! That's her! We're now saved."


     "But where's Karasuma-san?"


     "Who cares! Our priority now is to leave this place safely."


     T-T-That's harsh. My anger rose up once again but I controlled it by breathing deeply. What they said is more than enough proof that Tachibana-sensei's assumption on them is right.


     Is Stacia planning to eliminate those bastards without revealing me as a predator? If it is, then I can say that it is a right move because if I can just pull her out and summon again when I need her.


     "Karasuma?" the predator questioned as his face twitched. "Oh! That guy in the Building C, huh?"


     The predator shifted his attention to Stacia and crossed weapons with him. Eventhough his weapon is a long range one, specifically a lance, Stacia can easily be on par with him.


     Based on my analysis on the fight between Stacia and her enemy, Stacia is on the winning side as of now. The way she executes her swift strikes is more than flawless, and that caused his enemy to become pressured eventhough Stacia is using her recessive hand. The three Class D students were awed by Stacia's actions that caused them to stand frozen but they were suddenly returned to their senses when the predator's spirit took again his offensive.


     "Tsk! Let's end this, you filthy spirit!" the predator shouted in irritation.


     The predator started to make his attacks more heavier, slightly abandoning the idea of speed. It is obvious for Stacia to use now her right hand to equal the enemy's strenght but instead, she did something that all of us, especially me, to be surprised.


     She threw her katana in the air, the hilt slightly above her head, then grabbed it with her right hand. She slashed it diagonally downward, targeting the predator's left shoulder but it was successfully blocked. Stacia continued to strike her enemy and when the enemy was slighty mispositioned himself, Stacia raised her left foot and kicked the predator to his body. It was followed by a quick counterclockwise spin and during that, she tossed again her weapon into the air but this time, she grabbed it using her left hand.


     Another successful kick on the predator's right side caused him to be knocked sideways. He  sligtly knelt down when he stopped.


    "Damn it! Soran!" The predator shouted and his spirit immediately came to assist him, leaving his original enemies behind.


    Stacia rushed towards the predator and crossed weapons with him again. The enemy spirit joined the party, making a 2v1 fight. But I didn't expected that Stacia still thrives, or should I say, she's still on the winning side.


     Tossed katana then grabbed using right hand.


     Roundhouse kick to the enemy spirit.


     Evade right.


     Upward slash then tossed weapon again.


     Left hook on the predator.


     A follow-up mid right uppercut.


     Grabbed katana using left hand.


     Clockwise spin and low sliding kick go the predator.


     Shift direction to the spirit and diagonal upward slash.


     This kind of actions were continuously executed with such rapid, yet very accurate movements . Her footwork and upper body motion coordinate very well. The way she spins her body everytime captivated my attention. Stacia looks like a maiden that dances in a grand ball. The enemy predator and his spirit, despite of doing tag team, can't reciprocate the pressure that Stacia is giving out.


     She took a big step to her left and rotated counterclockwise. She aimed the enemy spirit's blindspot, which is his back, and thrusted her katana on it. The spirit dropped his weapon upon being hitted and he faded after few seconds.


     Stacia created a horizontal arc using her katana when a gust of wind passed by and this caused Stacia's black coat to pitch. The hood part, that covers her head, was being removed down. Her long silver hair, which is now not hidden into the view, swayed violently yet, beautifully.


     The color of her hair is a complete opposite of her overall appearance. I at least expect that her hair is color black, like Mirai-san, but it is not. 


     As if time stopped, my eyes were pinned down to my spirit. Maybe it is because of an unanticipated discovery. I don't know why but my heart skips for every second I stare at her. As if the time stopped, the sound of my heartbeat  slowly became more and more louder.


     "I want to burn this scenery into my memory," I murmured.


     "W-What the hell is wrong with this spirit?!" the predator, who is now chickened, screamed. That shout returned my senses.


     Stacia diverted his gaze to the enemy predator and slowly walked towards him. She readjusted her grip on her katana by rotating it 180°. The enemy instantly lost his focus because he can't perform any stance to defend himself. Stacia leaped causing the distance between her and the enemy to fade in a blink of an eye. She horizontally slitted the enemy's neck, indicating that the fight is now finished.


     "A-A-Amazing," the bow student said.


     "Ah! Karasuma-san," the girl student said when she noticed me.


     I decided to come out of my hiding place. This looks like I'm the one who is scared to fight but little did they know that I was about to turn this into a bloody massacre.


     "The heck, man! Your spirit is freaking godlike!"


     "Yeah. And she still don't reveal her ability, huh?"


     I was flattered by their praises for Stacia. That's my spirit for you. The one who I trusted the most, except for my family members, except Hira-neechan. That sounds a lot confusing.


     Stacia fixed her hair and returned the hood of her coat into its original position. She looked at me and it seems like she's waiting for me to make the call.


     "If Karasuma-kun is here, then I am now confident that we can survive!" the girl said as she raised her hands in the air.


     "Yeah. We can now-"


     The bow student was interrupted when a loud gunshot resounded in the entire area. He then collapsed into the ground and disappeared. His two companions quickly raised their guards as they scanned the surroundings. Seriously, you should run somewhere same. This is the reason why you will be expelled at this academy.


     "Now, Stacia!"


     I hastily stabbed the other guy on his body, making him evanesced into our sights. The girl noticed it and when she was about to run away from us, it was too late. Stacia ripped the girl's chest part, cleanly cutting her into two and disappeared.


     Only one gunshot was being fired at us. It means that the gunner is not planning to kill me. I heard that sound earlier and I'm sure that that person is the one responsible for defeating one of my classmates. I just sighed and started to walk going to the direction opposite from where we originated. 


     "Damn it. That's my prey, Tachibana-sensei."

0