Chapter 25 (Yuki’s POV) June 20, 2017 3:02 pm-10:34 pm
198 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went back to my room with coffee in hand. I then took the document containing all about Hajime again.

I wrote some to-do list for later seeing the locations highlighted on where Hajime died. I then took the file record about his older brother. Sousuke Hajima, nice they only changed the last letter of the name for Hajime. I scratched my head thinking of how lazy must be their parents are for naming Hajime like that. His cases were murder, theft, and drugs? This guy really does his job, it was stated here that he was being paid by someone.

No evidence leading to who hired him. This is all suspicious and recently he managed to escape from his prison. Turns out they were transferring him to another prison and he used that to finally escape. All the guards were killed by a fork hidden inside of his pants. I guess he hid it there so they won’t touch him. These guards should have at least to think ahead and think about what prisoners might do.

I sighed as this will be getting nowhere until I visit the crime scene itself. I then checked Gatou’s file checking his history and also how he died. Dying by getting his eyeballs and dismembering his jaw. Extensive blood loss and his face were hardly recognized anymore. He’s crimes are rape, murder, and blackmail. It was clean and lead to debt collectors who were soon arrested.

The debt collectors had numerous police uniforms and also have illegal crates of guns. They also have a record of Gatou who has a debt of 200,000 yen and its deadline was marked red. That might be the reason why he was killed but the debt collectors themselves said that they didn’t kill him. On the surface for the police or everyone would think that they were trying to gain pity from the people.

But for me, it might be true until everything was investigated thoroughly. The camera was also gone from school. It suddenly vanished without a trace and was actually all along inside his house. Getting multiple evidence that no one didn’t like to find justice for this rapist. The same goes for me, I don’t want to but if this is all connected.

I was suddenly stopped from my thoughts when I heard the doorbell rang. It’s still 5:12 pm and Pops messages me if he’s coming home. I quickly went to Pops room and opened his cabinet. Lifting the wooden compartment hidden below. I took my hidden Beretta 92fs and loaded it with my cartridge of 9mm NATO rounds.

I went to the door and prepared the gun behind me.

“Who is it!?” I asked as I closed in my ears trying to hear outside.

“Excuse me! Is Saki Yuki living in this residence!? I have a delivery from Kazuki Hana!” The man said as I quickly messaged Hana asking her if she sent something for me. She replied with a yep and I opened the door slowly peeking to see the person.

“Could you just leave it on the floor for now?” I asked as I slowly look around for anyone else that might be hiding.

“Sure! Also can you please sign this form for reassurance?” The delivery man said and I signed his form quickly. He left and since no one was outside I brought the package inside.

I wonder what Hana delivered to me? Still don’t know her reason for sending a surprise package. I left the gun in the table for now and opened the package. Turning out to be some new clothes and also shoes? I took the note inside and read it.

“Advance happy birthday for June 25! From one of your childhood friends Hana!” She probably wrote this and I quickly put the package inside my cabinet. I hid the gun again back to its original place and returned to my documents.

Checking all the ones who were acquainted with Gatou before. The file was complete and showed none whatsoever that may lead to another suspect. It’s cleanly made that makes me doubt if those debt collectors really did it. I then cooked me and my Pop’s dinner. The time was already about 6:20 pm and I’ve already prepared everything.

I took a break from checking the documents and watched some news instead in the TV. Hajima-kun is still at large and is being hunted by the police. I hope he doesn’t hurt someone but I doubt that. He might be looking for how did his brother die. After all, he has connections to get some information for it.

Pops finally came home and we both ate our dinner. After washing the dishes I went back to my room to fix the new clothes I got. After doing all the tasks I need to do I slumped down to my bed. I took my phone and checked the social media. When I saw the time was about 10:30 already I finally slept and thought of scenarios that might happen.

9