Greater than a Monster
119 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why what happened?" Laria asked worryingly

"Well, for the first battle between Cyres and Leylin, Leylin got completely destroyed." Ricio replied with a dejected face

"Leylin, really?" Koren seriously doubted what his ears were hearing

Leylin was known to be one of the strongest mages in Koren's grade. He is also known to be a part of a prestigious line of strong mages.

"Yeah, I was surprised too. Cyres practically played with him, if a ref did not interfere he could have gotten extremely hurt."

"What about Kyla's fight?"

"Oh your girlfriend?"

Koren started to blush

"She's not my girlfriend…" Koren said embarrassingly

"Oh, well her opponent just surrendered."

"What?" Laria and Koren yelled at the same time

"Yeah, her opponent just surrendered. Since Kyla didn't fight the teachers thought she should fight Cyres."

Everyone in the room frowned and had the same thought,

'She's done for…'

"Where is this Cyres guy from?"

Eril replied this time

"He's completely clean, he came in this year nothing about him was noticeable according to his teachers. Some teachers even claimed to have never noticed he even existed."

Laria thought it may have been an upperclassman using magic to look younger but she was wrong.

"So I'm in the finals?" Koren asked

They all nodded

"Mhmm, you can stay to watch, they are about to fight."

Koren sat down in between Ricio and Eril and laid his head on Eril's lap. Eril and Ricio are like his second parents so they happily accepted his actions.

The room that they were in had a one way mirror so that only they could see what was going on but no one else could see what they were doing.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE SEMIFINAL MATCH BETWEEN KYLA AND CYRES!"

The crowd seemed to really dislike Cyres and since the announcer had to stay neutral the crowd began to heavily dislike him.

The crowd booed heavily as Cyres walked onto the field but began to cheer once they saw Kyla.

"BATTLE!"

Kyla rushed instantly towards Cyres with her spear in hand. She stabbed him in his stomach and slammed her knee into Cyres's face.

"KYLAAAA!" The crowd roared

Cyres teleported back unexpecting the sudden attacks.

Kyla didn't let this slow her down though, since he only had one of his shields left, Kyla had to take him out before he used any magic.

However that chance wasn't given to Kyla.

"You bitch." Cyres yelled before he began to move his mouth unimaginably fast.

"It's over." Eril muttered

"Ricio go save her."

Ricio nodded and disappeared from the room where he then appeared on the field in front of Kyla. He grabbed her and teleported back to the room.

The field where Kyla was a few seconds ago was covered in bright blue flames.

"Ah, where am I?" Kyla exclaimed as she examined the room.

"Eh, Koren?"

"Hey Kyla."

Laria interrupted them with a snicker

"Ah, young love."

Koren and Kyla both became bright red.

Eril ignoring Laria's comments began to see if Kyla was alright

"Are you alright sweety?" Eril lifted the hair that was in Kyla's eyes and began to wipe her face that was covered in sweat.

"Headmaster…?"

"Yes, are you hurt anywhere?"

"Um, no I don't think so." Kyla looked extremely out of place but they were all happy that she was alright.

"That's a relief."

'That boy, he's a monster…' Sebastian thought to himself as he peered upon the field

"That's a class 3 spell…" Ricio remarked

The skill that Jin used earlier in the fight was a class 1 spell that most archer's know. It's said that even 4th year students struggle with class 3 spells.

Eril sent Kyla to the infirmary and dismissed everyone from the room but asked Koren to stay.

"Koren don't compete in the finals…"

"What, why?"

"That boy, he's leagues above any kid your age you could get seriously hurt."

Koren stared straight into Eril's eyes

"No, I'll win."

He then turned around and swiftly exited the room without hearing Eril's response. He left the colosseum building and started to head out towards the train station.

"Master, is there something wrong with not having a purpose?"

Sebastian was caught off guard by the question.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, everyone has dreams and goals, but I seem to just do thing's for other people, not for myself."

"Why is that?"

"I'm not sure, I've never needed anything in my life. I've always just wanted my parents approval. But for the first time in my life i've felt the urge to do something for myself."

"Now what's that?"

"Beating the shit out of that asshole."

Sebastian chuckled softly

"I felt the same way, the only reason I trained to be an archer was because I didn't want to let my friends down."

Sebastian continued

"But one day I was beaten badly by some noble bastard who wanted to show off, and when I had my face covered in bruises and hands covered in blood I looked up into the sky and I swore to myself that I would never have that ever happen to me.

"So I trained hard and I learned a lot, I had my beatdown replaying in my head over and over as I trained, until one day the kingdom had a gala. I found him eating with his friends and I beat the shit out of him in front of everyone."

Koren giggled

"So that's where you're saying comes from."

"Mhmm."

Koren stopped walking and stared up at the moon admiring every part of it.

"Master do you think I will win?"

Sebastian started to grin

"Who do you think I am?"

"Huh?"

"Do you not trust my training?"

"O-Of Course I do." Koren stuttered

"You know, that kid is a monster but if he's a monster you're a demon."

"Now, tomorrow lets go out there and show everyone who the real prodigy is."

4