Tournament: Part Three
90 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Why…'

*thump thump*

'Why is my heart beating so fast?'

*thump* *thump*

'He's just a nobody…'

*thump* *thump*

"Why!"

"BATTLE!" a sharp voice yelled but I am only focused on him. Who, no what is he.

I started to stare at him noticing every inch of movement, every muscle of his body. Nothing… if that's so why am I so scared?

Oh, his feet are moving he's going to lunge at me with his axe just as I thought.

Oh-, nevermind he's going to shoot a measly arrow at me, oh I'm so scared.

"SWEEE!"

The arrow narrowly missed my ear as I started to walk towards him.

"You can't even shoot an arrow properly, what type of archer are you?" I scoffed

Oh wow, he's ignoring me and shooting another one, didn't he learn his lesson from last time.

I continued to walk forward and another arrow narrowly missed my left ear this time.

I…I want to make an example out of ignorant fools like him, I want this fake king to watch me murder this fool in front of everyone. I mean why not have some fun?

My walk transformed into a run, and as I pulled out a sword to end this sorry son of a bitch, I looked into his eyes expecting the look of fear and regret. But where is it? All I see are blank eyes looking at me with… sympathy?

The rage welled up in my heart, but even before I could say something, no even do anything it was all over, in the blink of an eye my life was over.

*

"K-Koren Knight has somehow reversed the trajectory of two of his arrow to strike Cyres in the head!" The announcer's voice was full of confusion and awe.

The crowd which was restless moments ago suddenly became silent, not one voice could be heard except a slow clap coming from none other than the King of the Empire.

The clap awakened the crowd which then began to clap with the King. The battle lasted no more than 10 seconds however the outcome was something that one would not expect to happen in millenniums. Someone had replicated the "Boomerang Arrow". As lame as it may sound, the feeling that it brought onto the crowd was nothing less than excitement and happiness.

The King floated down from his seat in the Colosseum to congratulate Koren face to face, a treatment most people would dream of happening to them.

"Koren Knight, you have won the tournament which will mark your name in Thellarion Academy and will also give you a one year trip to Corendale!"

"One year!" Koren almost screamed but quickly realized he was talking to the king so he quickly lowered his voice.

"Yes, after a quick talk with the Corendale Ambassador we will allow you to stay in Corendale for a whole year."

Koren quickly bowed to the King.

The King looked down at Cyres pitifully where he then flew back up to his seat.

'Man I want to learn how to fly…' Koren thought to himself before walking off the field.

"Master, why did you tell me to use the skill?" Koren thought to himself waiting for a response

'He was going to kill you.' Sebastian responded nonchalantly

Koren dropped to his knees dramatically but soon lifted himself up worried someone might see him.

'Kill me?'

'Yeah, he was registered as a mage which means he can't use any weapons other than a staff, but I saw him reaching for something so I knew he was going to find something to kill you.'

The hairs on Koren's back began to rise as he thought about it. Cyres was going to kill him in front of the king of all people, this meant that Cyres had a strong backing and was thinking of doing this ever since the tournament started.

But the worries washed away as Laria and Ricio showed up with bright smiles on their faces.

Laria ran up to Koren and gorilla hugged him with what seemed to be all her strength. Ricio on the other hand gently hugged him and patted his back.

"You did good, kid!" Laria remarked almost as if she never doubted him.

Koren laughed and thanked her for her teachings.

"Aww, it was nothing for my favorite student!"

"I can't wait to see those uptight fuckers faces…" She muttered to herself before running out of the room.

"Where's Auntie Eril?"

Ricio shrugged unconvincingly

"She probably has to do some headmaster stuff."

Koren decided not to press the issue anymore knowing that she was dealing with Cyres.

"Uh, Uncle can you do me one favor?"

Ricio tilted his head

*

"I wasn't thinking of bodyguarding when you asked for a favor, HEY GET BACK!" Ricio mentioned as he blocked Koren from a long line of guild recruiters.

"KOOOOREN KNIIIIIGHT!" A woman's voice yelled

'Oh not again.' Koren muttered before breaking into a sprint.

"WAIT, KOREN DON'T LEAVE ME!" Ricio cried out, the line of guild recruiter quickly broke through Ricio��s line of defense, however, a certain person was much quicker than everyone else.

"KOOOOOREN KNIGHT WAIIIIIT!" Natashia yelled as she chased after Koren.

"I TOLD YOU, I'M NOT READY TO BE APART A GUILD!" Koren yelled back

"THAT'S FINE, WE JUST WANT TO TALK!"

Koren suddenly stopped running.

"How much money?"

"Fifteen hundred gold divided up into monthly payments!"

"How long?"

"You aren't allowed to join any other guilds before you graduate and you only have to work for one year!"

Considering Koren is only sixteen, a contract with a large guild with a downpayment of fifteen hundred gold and a contract only tied for one year when working is an extremely good offer.

"Hmm, come to my house."

"WE CAN ALSO- wait really?" Her face instantly brightened up

Koren nodded

The rest of the guild recruiters walked away knowing well that they can't offer a better deal.

Koren and Natashia both walked to the train stop in complete silence until Koren decided to strike up a conversation.

"So, what's your name?" Koren asked while looking forward.

"It's Natashia." She replied almost instantly, almost as if she has been waiting for that question.

They both entered a train and sat down facing each other where Koren was finally able to see her face clearly.

Her large brown eyes and eye-catching blonde hair made her quite cute. Koren slightly felt bad for running away from her before but quickly shrugged it off.

"What's the guild's name?"

"Heart of Cadun."

Koren's face twisted, highly doubting her words.

"Heart of Cadun? The third best guild in Thellaria?"

Heart of Cadun is known to be the third-best guild in Thellaria and is also known to be the only high ranking private guild.

Natashia nodded quickly, Koren began to stare at her with frustration and slight annoyance.

"Why didn't you say that before?"

"Ah, I forgot!" she replied while holding the back of her head

Koren at that moment began to understand what type of person Natashia was.

"Ah, this is our stop."

"Unn."

They exited the train and headed over to Koren's house without speaking once again.

Koren opened the door to his house where he and Natashia were met by Kizu who jumped onto Natashia.

"Hehe, wolfie," she muttered while scratching Kizu's head

Koren stared at Kizu slightly disappointed but walked over to the kitchen where his Sasha was sitting.

"Koren!"

Sasha ran up to Koren and started to check if he was alright. Sasha and Ian were notified when Koren won the tournament but they were also told about the assassination attempt on him.

"Thank god your okay…" Sasha's eyes were full of worry which only made Koren feel bad.

"Someone recruited me for a guild."

Sasha was half-heartedly listening, she knew most guilds offer contracts to rope in students with large amounts of money but slip in unfair requirements.

"Mhmm."

"They're offering fifteen hundred gold for not joining any other guild when I graduate and I only work with them for one year."

Sasha's eyebrows rose, fifteen hundred gold is around 1.5 million dollars, and having such loose requirements really seemed that Koren was making it all up. Before Sasha could say anything Koren pointed to Natashia who was playing with Kizu.

"Who's she?"

"The recruiter."

Natashia got up from the floor and faced Sasha.

"Hi, I'm Natashia Nore."

"Nore? Is your mother Freya Nore?"

"Yes, that's her," Natashia replied with a tinge of pride

"How is she doing?"

"She's dead." Natasha's loud and excited voice was nowhere to be found.

"Oh, I'm sorry-" Sasha started to shake her head apologetically but Natashia quickly cut her off.

"It's fine it happened a while ago, anyways we are here to discuss your son, correct?"

"Ah, yes."

The two women began to discuss intently and viciously leaving Koren dazed.

"When it comes to guild recruiters they are vicious like a tiger, however-" Sebastian commented

"However what?" Koren whispered

"Your mother is more like a dragon who can easily gobble up any type of tiger."

"Huh, nice analogy," Koren replied sarcastically

"Hey, I tried my best." Sebastian looked down sadly

Koren laughed as he picked up Kizu like a baby and walked outside for his "Weight Training".

"Hey, Koren where are you going?" Natashia yelled

"Are you trying to change the subject!" Sasha yelled, staring daggers at her prey

The two women fiercely stared at each other with malice as the day went on.

 

(Daily Chapters starting TODAY!!!!)

3