Abandonment
65 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“KOREN, KOREN GET UP '' Sebastian's voice was filled with worry and anxiety which quickly woke Koren up from sleep. Koren sprang from his bed immediately, gripping onto his axe that he keeps under his pillow. 

 

“There are intruders, you have to warn Sak now!” Sebastian was in such a desperate state which greatly worried Koren. 

 

Koren grabbed all of his weapons before rushing out of his room in a hurry. He turned to his left and ran towards Sak’s room which was at the end of the hall. 

 

“Mr. Sak, Mr. Sak there is an emergency!” Koren cried as he rapidly knocked on his door. 

 

Sak instantly appeared out of the room with a large bow wrapped over his torso and after looking at Koren’s serious expression he pulled him into his room and closed the door. 

 

Sak held a finger to Koren’s mouth and pointed towards a piece of paper on a table. Koren, knowing Sak was not an idiot, walked over to the table and started to write what Sebastian was telling him. 

 

“Three armed intruders, supplies area, tier three threat,” Sebastian spoke clearly, but his voice was filled with urgency. 

 

Koren handed the paper to Sak who quickly read the contents, he nodded towards Koren and stepped out of the room quietly. He hand signaled Koren to walk behind him as he started to head towards the security room. 

 

Koren crouched behind Sak, following all of his hand signals knowing full well his life was in danger if he didn’t.

 

Sak entered a key into the security room which promptly opened, he held open the door letting Koren in before closing it quietly. The security room had an alarm to notify all passengers of an intruder, it also had an SOS signal to alarm nearby ships and nations. Sak was keeping noise to the minimum so Koren knew that he was alarming other ships. 

 

“Code Red, Ship ID: 23484, This is Sak Manis I have sensed intruders on the ship and request assistance immediately, threat level three. I repeat, Code Red.” Sak spoke into a mic that was connected to the large SOS machine, his left hand was inserted into the machine which meant he was using mana to transmit his message.

 

After Sak finished relaying the message, he turned to Koren who was sitting in the corner.

 

“Stay here, I will go with the security and go deal with the intruders. Don’t make any noise.” Sak’s voice was stern and cold, Koren knew this wasn’t a request, but an order. 

 

Koren nodded slowly and once Sak saw this he quickly left the room.

 

‘Sebastian, what’s going on?’ Koren started to telepathically communicate with Sebastian to minimize any noise coming from the room. 

 

‘I was wandering in the ship and I found three people hiding in the supplies area, they already have explosive runes set up over the ship.’

 

Explosive runes are spells that can be embedded onto walls or anything as a matter of fact. The requirements, however, are to be a powerful magician who has a good understanding of magical theories and principles. Koren could currently not take on any magician who had that level of understanding and power. Compared to Cyres this magician should be five times stronger in every aspect. 

 

‘W-Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?’ Koren’s voice was broken, sending Sak there without this information would be as good as telling him to kill himself. 

 

Sebastian shook his head

 

“There is no way you would have been able to find this out, he would have been extremely skeptical.”

 

The cold truth of reality washed over Koren leaving a bitter smile on his face.

 

“So what do I do?”

 

Sebastian casually shrugged, his harsh voice rang in the room. 

 

“We have to abort ship.”

 

*

 

Inside of Koren’s closet sat a pair of knights who were put in a dilemma as they reviewed their current situation.

 

“Uh, what are we supposed to do?” a knight asked as he clumsily exited the closet. 

 

“We were sent to investigate the kid, not have to save him.” The other knight responded cruelly as he kicked Koren’s bag from his way. Koren’s rations poured out of his bag intriguing him.

 

“We both have one teleportation scroll for emergencies like this, so why don’t we just teleport back home?”

 

The other Knight nodded half-heartedly as he started snacking on Koren’s rations. 

 

“Hey save some for me, I haven't eaten in over a week!” He yelled as he started gnawing on some jerky

 

“Uh?” Koren’s eyes widened in surprise as he gazed upon the two knights

 

The two knights screamed in shock before they could regret their decisions Koren took out his axe and threw it mercilessly towards the first knight splitting his head in half. 

 

The remaining knight looked at Koren with horror, as he attempted to grab his teleportation scroll Koren threw his dagger straight into his hand, which dropped the scroll. 

 

“AAH!” The knight screamed in pain as he held onto his hand, Koren taking this opportunity jumped onto the knight. With an arrow in hand he began to jam the arrow into his neck repeatedly. 

 

“Koren he’s dead…” Sebastian mentioned as he stared at Koren who was covered in blood. 

 

Koren grabbed a towel from his desk and wiped the blood off of his hands and face. 

 

“Sebastian these guys aren't the intruders from what I can tell, also what was that piece of paper he dropped.”

 

Sebastian, who was still taken aback by Koren’s actions quickly came back to his senses. 

 

“Oh my, those are Empire Knights!” Sebastian yelled as he examined one of the badges the knights held. 

 

“Those bastards must have been spying on you!” Sebastian started stomping on one of the corpses

 

Koren ignoring Sebastian picked up the bloodied teleportation scroll.

 

“I think we found our way out of here.” Koren was smiling ear to ear as he laid out the teleportation scroll for Sebastian to see.

 

“Ohoho, it seems lady luck is on our side.”

 

Koren looted the other body finding the other teleportation scroll, placing the other scroll in his bag he walked out of the room. 

 

As Koren turned to the right he was met with a distant, but familiar face. Emilia stood with a staff in her hand, Koren only recognized her to be the same nurse who healed him all those months ago. 

 

“I found the target, commence explosi-” Her voice was cut off by consecutive large explosions that began to shake the floor Koren was standing on. 

 

“YOU NEED TO GET TO THE TOP!” Sebastian yelled as he started to lead Koren the opposite way of where Emilia was. 

 

“Get back here you brat!” Emilia shrieked, she sent a spell towards Koren but it narrowly missed. 

 

Koren pushed open an emergency exit door that had a long ladder that led to the top of the ship. As he started to climb it Emilia shuffled into the room yelling after him as he climbed up the ladder. 

 

“GO, GO!” Sebastian continued to lead Koren up to the main deck of the ship. Sak and Airgror both had their weapons out and were fighting two of the intruders. 

 

“KOREN!” Sak yelled, but right as he started to run towards Koren, a large fireball flew towards Sak’s face.

 

“MEN DIR!” Sak cried out, a large magical barrier covered him and Koren, protecting them from the lethal spell.

 

“So annoying!” Cert frowned as he repeatedly sent fireballs heading towards Sak. 

 

“ORAAAAH!” Airgror roared as he slashed his axe towards Fras, chopping off his arm. The blue light that Koren saw before was nowhere near as bright as it was now. 

 

Fras screamed in pain as he clutched onto his bloody stub. 

 

“FRAAAS!” Cert screamed bloody murder as he watched Fras get his arm chopped off. He began to summon multiple fireballs triple the size of before towards Airgror who had nothing to protect himself with. 

 

“AIRGROR WATCH OUT!” Sak began to mutter to himself abnormally fast, the veins on his face started to pop as he summoned a massive magic barrier to save Airgror from the fireballs. 

 

Koren, seeing the injured Fras drop to the floor, summoned a large mana string and sent an arrow to Fras’s neck. 

 

“KOREN WATCH OUT!” Sebastian howled out, however it was too late.

 

A massive ice spear was headed for Koren’s torso, Koren who had no time to dodge stared towards the ice spear in disbelief.  He closed his eyes ready for his life to end, however, the pain didn’t come, as he slowly opened his eyes he looked down to see Airgror’s lifeless body. 

 

“Airgror?” Koren’s hands trembled as he held onto Airgror’s body. Tears started to emerge from his eyes as he stared into Airgror’s lifeless eyes.

 

“Goodbye my friend,” Koren muttered as he forcefully closed Airgror’s eyelids.

 

Koren looked up to Emilia who had sent the attack to him, his eyes burning with vengeance as he set Airgror’s body to the floor. 

 

With his axe in his hand Koren ran up to Emilia at an inhuman speed, as he slashed towards Emilia’s neck, Fras threw a dagger to Koren with his remaining hand which narrowly missed Koren’s neck.

 

Without looking at Fras, Koren summoned another mana string that sent an arrow into his neck instantly killing him.

 

“YOU!” Emilia’s eyes flared in anger, she attempted to summon an Ice Spear, however, Koren would not relent. With a dark blue light enveloping his axe, Koren sent precise and accurate attack’s toward Emilia’s neck. The aura was so fierce that every slash of his axe an inch away from Emilia would cause a cut that would draw blood.

 

“RAAAAH!” Koren roared as he sent multiple arrows towards Emilia which pushed her back. 

 

Koren looked to Sak who looked completely exhausted, his normal handsome and charming face was fully covered by his own blood. 

 

“KOREN, GIVE SAK THE TELEPORT SCROLL AND GET OUT OF HERE!” Sebastian’s voice was brimming with worry, as he could only watch Koren fight for his life.

 

Koren ran to Sak and handed him a teleportation scroll from his bag, Sak looked up at Koren in disbelief before instantly ripping the piece of paper and disappearing from sight.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Emilia’s voice rang like thunder as she ran to Koren who instantly ripped the bloodied teleportation scroll in front of her, before disappearing from sight. 

 

Cert and Emilia dropped to the floor in disbelief, they knew their fate was not going to stray any further than Fras and Salaz. 

 

*

 

Koren slowly opened his eyes to the bright light of the sun, instant nausea also greeted him. He vomited out onto the bright yellow sand he was laying out on. Laying next to him was Sak, but Koren felt as if he was missing something.

 

‘What am I missing? I have my rations, I have my weapons, I have my clothes,’ He started to search through his bag crazily, but as the moment of realization dawned upon him, Koren dropped to the floor similarly to Emilia. 

 

Sebastian was gone. 

 

Authors Note: The support I have been getting from you guys has been insane, I thank you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

4